Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Did a quick research so it could be a Mycotoxin:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mycotoxin
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by xact4 View Post
    Depends on the drink, could've been a drink like redbull... or could've been a "drink" like the little concentrated energy shots they sell everywhere. Every time I use one of those I can feel my own heartbeat pounding inside my head for the rest of the day.

Didn't have a heart condition.
    The ME either doesn't know the drink or isn't releasing the name of it. He doesn't want to demonize them.

Don't drink too much Sugar, kids.

Even with coffee....

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    Pretty much this. 3 caffeinated drinks in a row don't kill you.
    At once? Probably not. But with such young age where your body is still developing and the usage has probably been consistent for 2-4 years considering how teens here treat the drink.

I remember when I was downing three cans a day few years ago, one per break at work and within a half a year I had developed clear physical hyperactivity (heart kept pounding heavily all the time), which is when I decided that it's not a good thing. It could easily have been something that was built up over time due to the usage and which is why I believe that it should be illegal for anyone under at least 15 to get their hands on these.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Some people seem to be more sensitive to the effects of caffeine on the cardiovascular system. Some ppl just dont tolerate caffeine with or without heart disease. Tragic but kids shouldn't be getting a caffeinated beverages anyways.

Perhaps it's time caffeine dose labeling is required like other nutritional data is.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Symphonic View Post
    LETHAL DOSAGE
    392.5 cans of Pepsi Max would be terminal.

Damn gotta watch out so the 400th can doesn't sneak up on me some day.

Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    http://www.nbcnews.com/health/health...-rules-n759716

"A 16 year old boy died after drinking caffeine laden soft drinks, coffee and an energy drink a coroner said Monday."

The kid overdosed on caffeine.
    Considering I drink a shit ton of coffee daily for at least a decade now, I assumed that kid must have drank a TON to actually cause an overdose, I got curious how much it would actually take to kill a person. Apparently it is not as clear cut as it seems.

"We just don't really know how much caffeine it takes to put you in lethal danger. That's because caffeine tolerance is a highly individualized thing. "

This is from just one study. Apparently a girl died from caffeine in 2011 from just chugging 2 cans of monster while FDA states something around 25 cups of coffee would be the daily limit, another study sais it would take the equivalent of 50 venti starbucks coffees to actually overdose you etc.. Interesting

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nakloh View Post

Damn gotta watch out so the 400th can doesn't sneak up on me some day.
    "But in 2011 a girl died from "caffeine toxicity" after drinking just two cans of Monster"

Quote Originally Posted by faithbane View Post
    Considering I drink a shit ton of coffee daily for at least a decade now, I assumed that kid must have drank a TON to actually cause an overdose, I got curious how much it would actually take to kill a person. Apparently it is not as clear cut as it seems.

"We just don't really know how much caffeine it takes to put you in lethal danger. That's because caffeine tolerance is a highly individualized thing. "

This is from just one study. Apparently a girl died from caffeine in 2011 from just chugging 2 cans of monster while FDA states something around 25 cups of coffee would be the daily limit, another study sais it would take the equivalent of 50 venti starbucks coffees to actually overdose you etc.. Interesting

- - - Updated - - -

"But in 2011 a girl died from "caffeine toxicity" after drinking just two cans of Monster"
    That's right.
    Everyove reacts differently to drugs.

And Denmark doesn't sell many energy drinks at all.
    We don't?

We have redbull, hustlers, booster, amper, burn, cult, mønster and probably many others.

And that is not counting normal Soda
    Last edited by Quibble; 2017-05-16 at 04:10 PM.
    "Everything always changes. The best plan lasts until the first arrow leaves the bow." - Matrim Cauthon

Quote Originally Posted by Quibble View Post
    We don't?

We have redbull, hustlers, booster, amper, burn, cult, mønster and probably many others.

And that is not counting normal Soda
    It's always a good idea to include the entire quote when quoting someone. Not just part of it my friend.
    Besides, that conversation was settled quite some time ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did they run an actual real Tox panel, or just say oh dude he drank too much red bull.

Not really sure how a autopsy can tell a coroner that he drank too much caffeine.

Quote Originally Posted by Molis View Post
    Did they run an actual real Tox panel, or just say oh dude he drank too much red bull.

Not really sure how a autopsy can tell a coroner that he drank too much caffeine.
    Probably have to get the report from the ME's office.

This is a very rare case to die from such little caffeine. It's almost impossible to self OD on caffeine from drinks alone, too much required to kill you and you'd hallucinate halfway through.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Deleted
    Actually, coffee is healthy for coronal issues.

It's always a good idea to include the entire quote when quoting someone. Not just part of it my friend.
    Besides, that conversation was settled quite some time ago.
    Why should I quote the entire post, when the only thing I was interested in was calling you out on the quoted bullshit.

When you say it was settled.. Do you possibly mean you saying it was what you read past?
    I read that part, doesn't change anything.

Don't like being called out on dumb misinformation? then don't post "information" that you may or may not remember correctly from 15 years ago.
    "Everything always changes. The best plan lasts until the first arrow leaves the bow." - Matrim Cauthon

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Quibble View Post
    Why should I quote the entire post, when the only thing I was interested in was calling you out on the quoted bullshit.

When you say it was settled.. Do you possibly mean you saying it was what you read past?
    I read that part, doesn't change anything.

Don't like being called out on dumb misinformation? then don't post "information" that you may or may not remember correctly from 15 years ago.
    Check the post history before you bother down this path.

Just a heads up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venara
    Half this forum would be permanently banned if we did everything some of our users regularly demand or otherwise expect us to do.
    Actual blue mod response on doing what they volunteered to do. No wonder this place is infested.

Cleaning the gene pool.

I once OD on caffiene shit wasnt pleasant experience i can tell you!

Felt sick and jittery it took hours for it to wear off so i could feel normal again.

Last time i drank cups and cups of strong expresso coffee!

Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    Every day millions of people drink multiple energy drinks back to back almost.

1 of them dies

ERMAGHERD THE ENERDSSCHII DRINNKSS
    Just be thankful he wasn't autistic.

7+ Year Old Account
    The threshold for fatal caffeine overdose is 150-200mg/kg of body weight. This is a HUGE amount of caffeine. An average person would have to chug 75-100 cups of coffee to hit that...

Even a stereotypica 90lb skinny nerd would still have to intake 6 grams of caffeine. Even assuming coffee has 200mg per cup, that would still be 30 cups of coffee. And you'd have to intake it pretty quick because the body eliminates it quickly. It's pretty easy to reach this limit with something like caffeine pills. But beverages? Not likely. Not alone anyway. It should be noted that caffeine is much more toxic to people with liver problems though, so if the kid had a liver problem that could explain it.
    Last edited by Stormspark; 2017-05-16 at 08:29 PM.