Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

If EQ is still going, what makes anyone think WoW would EVER end?

Ever Quest has been out for 18 years and is still going strong. Their latest expansion is the 23rd in the series, and was released November 16, 2016.

Even if this game has a very niche playerbase, they continue to make content and release expansions for it.

Given this, what makes ANYONE think that WoW would EVER end?

WoW will continue to be expanded on for years and years to come. There is so much lore and so many things they can do to create new and refreshing content that im just surprised that anyone could actually believe that the game is dying or would end in the forseeable future.

It's just their own biased opinion and views of the game as they play it. WoW is not dying, they are simply gettnig tired of it and to them it feels like it's dying. What is really dying is their enjoyment of the game, which is perfectly understandable cuz it's been a while. Games aren't meant to be played forever, at some point it gets old and we are supposed to move on. WoW just has this Stockholm syndrome where people stay but still hate on the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post
    It's just their own biased opinion and views of the game as they play it. WoW is not dying, they are simply gettnig tired of it and to them it feels like it's dying. What is really dying is their enjoyment of the game, which is perfectly understandable cuz it's been a while. Games aren't meant to be played forever, at some point it gets old and we are supposed to move on. WoW just has this Stockholm syndrome where people stay but still hate on the game.
    Oh it's dying. It's just that it'll die for the next 20-30 years, ya feel me?

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean you're not wrong. If Blizzard so chooses they can easily keep the game running "forever" even if the population dwindles down to thousands of players. Whether that's worth it is another situation but if it made even the slightest bit of profit then sure they could keep the game going. With super mega slow updates but they could do it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Ever Quest has been out for 18 years and is still going strong. Their latest expansion is the 23rd in the series, and was released November 16, 2016.

Even if this game has a very niche playerbase, they continue to make content and release expansions for it.

Given this, what makes ANYONE think that WoW would EVER end?

WoW will continue to be expanded on for years and years to come. There is so much lore and so many things they can do to create new and refreshing content that im just surprised that anyone could actually believe that the game is dying or would end in the forseeable future.
    Everquest might still be going, but it's still dead.

Because its being run into the ground and less people are playing every day
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keeper Zanjin View Post
    Because its being run into the ground and less people are playing every day
    are they? are they really? got any sources to back up your fanciful claims?

WoW is going to be like Everquest, exactly. I mean you can call it "technically not dead", but for all means and purposes it is "dead". As in, life went elsewhere, you are walking amidst the corpses.

it will keep going on for as long as ppl keep paying for it. I tried eq a couple years ago, its still an ok game, i think all you really need is a guild and enough dudes to clear the content you don't really need millions of players for a game to be playable even an mmo. eve online usually only has about 30-40 thousand playing at any one time and that is still going strong.

You're dying in about 2-5 years from suicide.

Beacuse I can only by bashing WoW let out my sexual frustration.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Deleted
    Yeah, but I still hope that one day there'll be a WoW 2. With an updated engine, a lore reboot and a whole new Azeroth to explore.

The people who want WoW to die obviously have some deep seated mental issues so trying to rationalize their train of thought is pretty much a fools errand tbh. Case in point look at this website and look at how many people claim to have quit months/years ago yet come back on a daily basis to give their spicy takes on the state of a game they supposedly have zero interest in anymore for the luls.

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    Yeah, but I still hope that one day there'll be a WoW 2. With an updated engine, a lore reboot and a whole new Azeroth to explore.
    I don't hope for a wow 2, because the whole point of playing an mmo is character progression, starting all over again doesn't interest me, i'd rather keep improving my character that i've already played for over a decade than arbitrarily start a brand new character and do the same thing again, in slightly shinier graphics.

anything they can do with a wow 2 they can retroactively add to wow 1.

I don't think wow has that loyal fanbase anymore - most of them outgrew WoW or got disillusioned with the way wow is changing.
    Sure some players are still playing since vanilla, like myself, but i think most players currently subscribed are rather new to WoW.
    Probably since Pandaland or Draenor if not even newer - and they will leave the very second it stops being fresh.

On the other hand EQ probably is still alive because of that die hard fanbase and will stay alive until that fanbase dies.
    Regardless of new content or lack of it, die hard fans just play the game forever.

Deleted
    Wow will end when Blizzard can't get any more money out of it.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    I have a feeling that I'll likely remain playing WoW until I die, at the least. Even then, I'm considering some method of bequeathing my account and the legacy of my characters anyway.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Quote Originally Posted by SoulSoBreezy View Post
    Oh it's dying. It's just that it'll die for the next 20-30 years, ya feel me?
    so then you're also dying if we're looking that long term.

maybe i should make 10 threads a week about how mmo-c posters are dying!

Hang on, I packed my validation in my other bag, I'll go get it from the car for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    so then you're also dying if we're looking that long term.

maybe i should make 10 threads a week about how mmo-c posters are dying!
    I'm pretty sure reading some of the shit that gets posted here on a daily basis probably shaves a couple days off your life somehow.