For shits and giggles, this is apparently Lavrov's collection of pics from the meeting. Not a McMaster in sight, coincidentally.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/mfarussia/

Tidbit taken from FARK

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    Im kind of torn on this subject after watching the briefing again during lunch.

I have no reason to discard anything McMaster says. I refuse to believe this is the kind of man that would tow the line for a guy like Trump. I could be wrong, but until proven otherwise, I feel like I have no choice but to believe the guy. Just take a look at the mans credentials https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H._R._McMaster .
    Wow, there's really someone called McMaster? That's so badass! Almost as good as McLovin!

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Bannon doesn't have the spine or patriotism to be the source. I doubt he can even find the time to leak anything between his day job at the White House and his night job in the seedy bars getting blackout drunk.
    Who else could it be? He is always present in everything discussed. Former websites of his contain leaked information. It's not comey either.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalkinDude View Post
    If Barry can assasinate an American citizen abroad, Trump can share relevant intel related to a joint military operation Barry and the DNC created.
    Oh, lool - Cheeto apolgoists to the rescue. Or whataboutit's - or whatever the fuck you people call yourselves now. You're beyond ridiculous at this point.

Don't you even care about the objective fact that Trump is fucking up everything he touches? Do you have anything that you use to say, "yeah, I still like the guy, he's doin' good work"?

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    It IS sad. Whether u hate or love trump you have to be able to see how divided and broken he has made this country. In my 30 years of life I've never seen such public and blatant outrage over a sitting president. Sure they all come with their share of scandals, but nowhere NEAR the level that this has been and he's only been here just over 100 days ..

That in of itself is pretty telling.
    Let see
    Reagen sold weapons to Iran
    Clinton got a BJ
    Bush is a war criminal
    Obama is black and decided to reform healthcare
    Trump: literally every 2 weeks he does something that makes you're eyes do a 360, if Obama did the fraction of the stuff we would have gotten 10 investigations without any new conclusions.

The right needs to stop calling things equal when a party does something (not you) since it isn't equal

Quote Originally Posted by AndaliteBandit View Post
    Why doesn't he have a profile picture of himself?
    He is on facebook from 2008. He is married, he has his previous and current occupations listed, his timeline is filled with various events with callouts from his fellow photographers...

What exactly is suspicious to you there?

Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    He is on facebook from 2008. He is married, he has his previous occupations listed, his timeline is filled with various events with callouts from his fellow photographers...

What exactly is suspicious to you there?
    Why didn't you answer my simple question? Why doesn't he have a profile picture of himself?

Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    Who else could it be? He is always present in everything discussed. Former websites of his contain leaked information. It's not comey either.
    This one in particular apparently didn't come from anyone personally there, but from folks in the intelligence community reviewing the notes of what was discussed. They saw this and proceeded to spit whatever was in their mouths on their desks, and one of them leaked it to the press because of how dangerous it is.

It's not fucking Bannon. He's not savvy enough to do that, and no fucking journalist in their right mind would trust him as a source.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lazypeon100 View Post
    Is there any way around the backfire effect? The fact that so many people are able to willfully deny facts to protect their worldview is utterly baffling to me.

Though I guess it shouldn't be at this point. If I had more money I'd take up day drinking.
    Honestly, I'm not sure there is at this point. The people in the right would have to offer some olive branch to those that are wrong, and one that was good enough to change their opinion.

I thought it would be that Trump was a Russian stooge, and has all but admitted it, and then the firing of Comey - but each incident is like a piece of a tower, and while the tower clearly shows Trump's true colors, each piece is triggered by the Backfire Effect, so the whole structure is, for them, invisible - because it was built on "lies".

When Trump is Impeached and possibly in jail (Nixon was pardoned, but his crimes weren't nearly this bad), then perhaps they will come the light and see their error. Hopefully, we'll be better than them in our attitude and let them off the hook. I doubt it - I'm not sure I could and I'm writing this.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Wait...are you serious? Do you have a link to this pivot? I know they're saying he doesn't know the source of the intel (which makes sense), but this is the first I'm hearing that he didn't even know the info he was sharing was classified.
    I'd swear I read that but there is so much noise about this today that I can't find where. You are definitely correct about him being clueless about the source, which all things considered, is probably for the better. What he doesn't know he can't repeat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NYC17 View Post
    What exactly do you believe? What he said yesterday, or him qualifying it today with "the premise"?

And how do you square it being "wholly appropriate" when he didn't even know how sensitive the information was?
    That nothing out of the ordinary was said during this meeting. Honestly, I think the most we can be upset about, is the fact that the people who gave us that intel didn't want any of it getting out, yet Trump blabbed about it like a dip shit.

I dont know how this will turn out, but I would be shocked if we found out McMaster was protecting Trump. I'm of the opinion that a man like that wouldn't protect a sniveling coward.

Im kind of torn on this subject after watching the briefing again during lunch.

I have no reason to discard anything McMaster says. I refuse to believe this is the kind of man that would tow the line for a guy like Trump. I could be wrong, but until proven otherwise, I feel like I have no choice but to believe the guy. Just take a look at the mans credentials https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H._R._McMaster .
    At this point it's not about saving Trump, it's about trying to salvage the US's reputation and alliances. Allies no longer sharing intel is a huuuuuuge deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeezy911 View Post
    That was the culture started by president Obama of divide and conquer. Remember he got what 99% of the black vote?
    Really? Obama didn't have to do shit to get the minority votes, maybe just replay the clips previously used by republicans or their speeches. This is what literately happened during the last election with McCain, his opponent just replayed and old added the Spanish translations.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Sharing a source and how the intel was collected (unnecessary) and the actual intel gained (necessary) are two totally different things. Trump admitted to the latter, and denies the former. As president he's perfectly within his purview to share intel he deems necessary to a joint military exercise.
    So you admit you don't understand the first thing about intelligence information and the link between the information and the source? Or that it wasn't ours to share in the first place?

Ignorance, the first tool in the Trumpkin arsenal.

That nothing out of the ordinary was said during this meeting. Honestly, I think the most we can be upset about, is the fact that the people who gave us that intel didn't want any of it getting out, yet Trump blabbed about it like a dip shit.

I dont know how this will turn out, but I would be shocked if we found out McMaster was protecting Trump. I'm of the opinion that a man like that wouldn't protect a sniveling coward.
    So it's not out of the ordinary to you for a president to reveal a highly classified piece of information, and not even be aware of how sensitive it was, to diplomats of a hostile foreign nation? Alrighty.

I like McMaster too, but he looked like a fool today and at some point we have to start wondering how long people are willing to repeatedly look that way...and why.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    Wrong. No one has even attempted to defend Comey has a person. No one gives a shit about Comey himself. It's about the timing and circumstances of his firing. The only part about it being Comey that matters is that he was investigating Trump and apparently getting somewhere with the investigation. Probably happy to do it since it wasn't another wild goose chase like all the investigations into Clinton.
    Yes. I'm sure people cleaving unto him after blaming him for the loss only care about the investigation and not looking for a martyr.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    I have a TS clearance. What do you have?
    Since I apparently understand this matter better than you, I guess I have SCI/SAP clearance. Because only one of us understands that revealing the information can reveal the source.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NYC17 View Post
    So it's not out of the ordinary to you for a president to reveal a highly classified piece of information, and not even be aware of how sensitive it was, to diplomats of a hostile foreign nation? Alrighty.
    If the info is used to gain an ally in the war on terror/isis, then I don't see why it would be. Didn't the Obama administration create this law specifically to cut through red tape and collaborate with our allies in the war on terror faster and produce more timely results?

Some people on here are ridiculous. Soon as this story came out i said its the President. He can do this. Hes one of the Few people that can do this. And we had ppl on here calling for his impeachment. Saying it was Treason. Now we know all he talked about was ISIS. And you guys are still upset. Your upset that Russia one of the few nations leading a charge against terrorism is seen as an ally to our president who also wants to be stricter on terrorism. Maybe if the Obama's and Mccains of the world were not supplying ISIS leaders with weapons, we would not be in the shit storm of a situation we have today.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    A TS clearance really isn't that big of a deal to obtain. Normal citizens get one all the time. It's especially easy to get if you've never left the country in the last 10 years and don't have a criminal record.

Having one doesn't mean you know shit about intel, how it's collected, shared, etc.
    Then there is this, as well. Gotta love the lil Walkin' though - his TS clearance (which he doesn't even understand is impossible to verify - look, my 3-year-old has a TS clearance because I said in on the interwebs!) sure means a lot.