LastLast
    Nothing, life is an anomaly.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayburner View Post
    don't say death.
    World of Warcraft

Deleted
    Boys come now. Stop being retarded.

Nothing doesnt exsist.

Its even harder to find the answer to: the opposite of nothing?

Go away from logical approaches, this takes 13 years of wow to figure out.

Quote Originally Posted by Docturphil View Post
    Allow me to google that for you.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=opposite+of+life

You'll notice under the definition are a few antonyms.
    So, you know how to google. Good for you. Old crap is old, think of something new perhaps?

Now read the links given by that search. Now ask scientist/philosophers/religious people. Understand the question asked, the idea behind it.

Anyway, good luck defining life as there is no good definition that works, therefor, death can't be an antonym. The question posed is one of philosophical nature anyway, not unlike what came first, the chicken of the egg. Or, when is a specie a new different one.

But hey, its on google so it must be correct.
    ~Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see.~
    ~Every damn thing you do in this life, you have to pay for.~

Deleted
    what is the opposite of 4 don t say -4

10+ Year Old Account
    Zombies / Undeath

Quote Originally Posted by Amorac View Post
    So, you know how to google. Good for you. Old crap is old, think of something new perhaps?

Now read the links given by that search. Now ask scientist/philosophers/religious people. Understand the question asked, the idea behind it.

Anyway, good luck defining life as there is no good definition that works, therefor, death can't be an antonym. The question posed is one of philosophical nature anyway, not unlike what came first, the chicken of the egg. Or, when is a specie a new different one.

But hey, its on google so it must be correct.
    Life is a state of existence. Death is the opposite state of existence. They're opposites.

I understand the question, but it's a silly one and there is no deeply profound answer.

By the way, the chicken came first.

Inanimate = Not being, and never having been alive

Deleted
    Zombie/undeath sayer(or similar) = IQ 70-90(considered offically as dull, backward, moron or delayed).

Death sayers = IQ 90-200(considered offically as low average to extreme high average, depending on how they "sell" this inspirational idea).

The rest = IQ 400+(well trained gamer brain).
    Last edited by mmocd6fe3ee806; 2017-05-16 at 07:40 PM.

Deleted
    Life is a state of existence. Death is the opposite state of existence. They're opposites.

I understand the question, but it's a silly one and there is no deeply profound answer.

Disagreed.

"Existence" can exist without life or death.

There are parts in the universe without life or death, but the planets etc. still exist.
    Last edited by mmocd6fe3ee806; 2017-05-16 at 07:49 PM.

Hm, no, that's not correct as it is to broad to define life. Does fire have life? A virus? The sun? They all have a state of existence how ever brief or long it is.

State of consciousness might be a better fit perhaps? But a brain dead person still has life..Just no consciousness.

Perhaps, but it is a thought provoking question or experiment if you will. The OP could have made the intent more clear tho, I'll admit that, ofcourse, I don't know his intentions (And in fairness, the OP never stated the answer death is wrong ),

What laid the egg then of said chicken? What is different about it to give it a new species name?
    Last edited by Amorac; 2017-05-16 at 08:03 PM.
    ~Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see.~
    ~Every damn thing you do in this life, you have to pay for.~

Anti-life. There's an equation for it and everything.
    9 out of 10 people agree that in a room full of 10 people one person will always disagree with the other 9.

Quote Originally Posted by Strifeload View Post
    Disagreed.

"Existence" can exist without life or death.
    I don't think what I said contradicts that.

Life and death only apply to biological organisms. A rock, for example, can neither be alive or dead but it can exist. I can both exist and be dead or alive. They're different states of existence.

I don't even know why I'm getting into this. This is stupid.

An entity whose most basic structural components are incapable of self-replication, and not primarily consisting of carbon-chain molecules.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

Death . . . and taxes. Mostly taxes.

Deleted
    I don't think what I said contradicts that.

Life and death only apply to biological organisms. A rock, for example, can neither be alive or dead but it can exist. I can both exist and be dead or alive. They're different states of existence.

I don't even know why I'm getting into this. This is stupid.
    How can life die?

It can't.

So death is the wrong answer.
    Last edited by mmocd6fe3ee806; 2017-05-16 at 08:07 PM.

Hm, no, that's not correct as it is to broad to define life. Does fire have life? A virus? The sun? They all have a state of existence how ever brief or long it is.
    I mean the life of a star is a different definition of "life". Although I suppose what I said still applies. Existing means whatever thing you're referring to is there. Life and death are more specific states of existence. Life means the thing is there and it exhibits certain traits. Death means the thing is there and it does not exhibit the same traits.

Perhaps, but it is a thought provoking question or experiment if you will. The OP could have made the intent more clear tho, I'll admit that, ofcourse, I don't know his intentions
    I suppose. I guess it doesn't really hurt to ask.

What laid the egg then of said chicken? What is different about it to give it a new species name?
    There was no egg from which the first chicken came. This is what the available evidence tells us anyways. See http://www.cbsnews.com/news/chicken-...entific-proof/

Although I suppose that raises another question which we'll be pondering for thousands of years to come. If the chicken came first and there was no egg from which the first chicken came from, then where did the first chicken come from?