Upgrading champions strategy?

So far all my champions are at 760 ilvl. I have deactivated the 7.2 champions who start at 850 ilvl to avoid getting high ilvl missions that i cannot do.. (since my other champions are still 760).

The question is "how should i proceed upgrading them?". Do i get missions for champions equipment at higher ilvl missions? Because so far all of the equipment missions are low level.. my fear is that if i get some followers to high ilvl or if I re-activate my 850 ones will stop getting equipment missions frequently...

I am now banking the equipments i get. When should I use them? When i will have enough to get all my champions to 800ilvl? To 850ilvl?

What would you do?
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

There's 850+ equipment missions, yes. You should use your equipment now instead of banking it.

You still get Champion Equipment missions at higher ilvl (in fact, the 760 ilvl quests still show up) and the higher the level, the more likely for the token to be a +10 o +15. In any case, it's wiser to try to level your champs evenly, without any of them ever getting more than 20 ilvl advantage over the rest, because a single overleveled one is enough to start spawning high level missions that you will not be able to complete.

I'd say the thresholds you should aim towards are 760-800-830-850-900.

Quote Originally Posted by papajohn4 View Post
    So far all my champions are at 760 ilvl. I have deactivated the 7.2 champions who start at 850 ilvl to avoid getting high ilvl missions that i cannot do.. (since my other champions are still 760).

The question is "how should i proceed upgrading them?". Do i get missions for champions equipment at higher ilvl missions? Because so far all of the equipment missions are low level.. my fear is that if i get some followers to high ilvl or if I re-activate my 850 ones will stop getting equipment missions frequently...

I am now banking the equipments i get. When should I use them? When i will have enough to get all my champions to 800ilvl? To 850ilvl?

What would you do?
    Best advice I can give you is to get meatball from the brawlers guild and gear him up ASAP. When he gets to 850-900 ilvl he can basically do any gear dropping mission by himself since he ignore boss type. some classes can farm champion items in their class halls through upgrades as well.

After how leveling them evenly worked out on my shaman alt I disagree with leveling them evenly at this time. The three missions from the command center - that you get regardless - are pretty much only completeable with at least one 900 ilvl follower. If you do not have that you will be missing out on that. Leveling 6-7 followers to 900 evenly takes very long. Getting 1-2 to 900 is much faster and does the job.

10+ Year Old Account
    When gearing champions I go in 30 ilvl steps on one before gearing up another, getting them all up to first 790, then 820, then 850, etc.

There's no reason to bank gear, you still get gear missions (even when all champions are max ilvl)

Deleted
    2 Days played on Shaman and all 760 followers are still 760, as well as Druids, Monks and whatever other class Shamans get screwed so hard.

Why are you banking the gear drops instead of using them?

Thanks all for the answers! I am banking them because at the start i had the 2 followers from 7.2 patch active with 850 ilvl and for days i did not get a single mission with champion equipment. Now i always have one going and once i finish it it pops another one...

Before i had lot of missions 830-850-900 ilvl for dungeon quests but not a single one for equipment..

As people suggested i will upgrade them all with thresholds in mind... I hope after the first bunch upgrade to 790-800 will not reduce the frequency i am getting equipment missions..
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

did they remove the ability to purchase boxes that could contain champion upgrades with order resources?

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    did they remove the ability to purchase boxes that could contain champion upgrades with order resources?
    You mean the tier 3 class hall upgrade where you put work orders for equipment? This still exists but not all classes have it..

All of my alts optimize out at 850 for max volume of gold missions. They have no point what-so-ever to go for the 850+ missions at all.

My main has 900s-> and i have flying, so.... really not seeing anything that's worth it.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    On my shaman I waited at 850 since there's no work orders.

Now I have like 300 itemlevels worth of upgrades saved up, so will boost them to 900 soon.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    All of my alts optimize out at 850 for max volume of gold missions. They have no point what-so-ever to go for the 850+ missions at all.

My main has 900s-> and i have flying, so.... really not seeing anything that's worth it.
    I like going for the Elite Sentinax missions (3100 AP(base), 7500 nethershard & 500 legionfall resources), they add up over time despite being 3 days.

That's still like 60 mill instant AP at current AK(1 full map worth of WQ), before proccing doubles.

Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    On my shaman I waited at 850 since there's no work orders.

Now I have like 300 itemlevels worth of upgrades saved up, so will boost them to 900 soon.

- - - Updated - - -

I like going for the Elite Sentinax missions (3100 AP(base), 7500 nethershard & 500 legionfall resources), they add up over time despite being 3 days.

That's still like 60 mill instant AP at current AK(1 full map worth of WQ), before proccing doubles.
    Meh across the board (for me). The nethershards are tempting, but lately those nether essences have crashed to 5K per across the 3 servers I play on.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

Quote Originally Posted by papajohn4 View Post
    You mean the tier 3 class hall upgrade where you put work orders for equipment? This still exists but not all classes have it..
    so you're a monk or shaman?

edit: for them then you can choose to get the chance to find equipment crates from any mission i think.
    Last edited by mickybrighteyes; 2017-05-16 at 07:46 PM.

I've been holding off upgrading everyone from 850 to 900 since I don't know how that will affect the available missions.

Mainly the gold missions. Anyone with all 900s seen a difference in how many are available and how hard they are to 200%?
    F2P: If you don't think it's worth my money, I don't think it's worth my time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    so you're a monk or shaman?

edit: for them then you can choose to get the chance to find equipment crates from any mission i think.
    Druids have the same problem and it IS a problem. The return rate, even if you chainrun missions, is low.