Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Frost DK (the 4 piece anyway) has potential to break/trivialize some encounters if there isn't a hard cap on the bonus.

That said those set bonuses are some of the best I've ever seen for death knights in general, let alone frost.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Frost DK (the 4 piece anyway) has potential to break/trivialize some encounters if there isn't a hard cap on the bonus.

That said those set bonuses are some of the best I've ever seen for death knights in general, let alone frost.
    There's a cap on it for sure.

That'd be ridiculous if it was uncapped.

Deleted
    some news? like frost still ahead with the new set bonus?

We can speculate something but to be honest nobody knows the answer, i'm quite sure not even the devs know it
    Last edited by Indil; 2017-05-21 at 09:18 AM.
    c

unholy and frost is going to be nuts, also I have a feeling those unholy shoulders are going to be pretty good in 7.2.5

10+ Year Old Account
    with the nerf to bracers (again) how do they fare in 7.2.5, what seems to be the BIS legs so far?
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

Quote Originally Posted by SenpaiDean View Post
    unholy and frost is going to be nuts, also I have a feeling those unholy shoulders are going to be pretty good in 7.2.5
    can you explain to my why you say they're going to be "nuts"? arnt they always going to be worse than most other melees for progression because you can cheat on dps because of mobility?

Quote Originally Posted by Blade Wolf View Post
    with the nerf to bracers (again) how do they fare in 7.2.5, what seems to be the BIS legs so far?
    shoulder bracers if we are going da
    c

Quote Originally Posted by Blade Wolf View Post
    Nerf to bracers was needed when the ring will give us passivly Bursting Sores, so it was to balance the legendaries as a whole. New ring looks incredibly strong though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CausalXXLinkXx View Post
    I def. do not think unholy is better in M+. The gap is certainly smaller but frost still beats it.
    Idk man, I've not come across a Frost DK in my Mythic+ groups that has beaten me on boss fights and AoE as Unholy. Then again in this instance, experience trumps DK players re-rolling FoTM frost.

Quote Originally Posted by NatePsychotic View Post
    Idk man, I've not come across a Frost DK in my Mythic+ groups that has beaten me on boss fights and AoE as Unholy. Then again in this instance, experience trumps DK players re-rolling FoTM frost.
    Then stop playing with bad frost DK´s.

I have seen unholy DKs beat frost dks on pulls where they got 0 rimes from multiple oblits but that's just really shitty rng. Then you get to bosses where unholy gets btfo.

Deleted
    What M+ are we talking about? Frost dk doesn't really have big burst potential as UH do when it pops army, except situations when everything procs for fdk (assuming fdk is using bracers). My top opener was like 1.7 mil, but it is so rare. Often it is 1.5mil top.

So, as a result if your fight is only 1-2min there are good chances that frost will be behind, however if you will take 3+ min fights, belt legendary and RNG favors him - GL beating frost.

But yea, 917fdk here with bracers, running +14-18 dungeons and there are mb 10% of ppl who can beat me.
    Last edited by mmocedf0a30955; 2017-05-22 at 09:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by atrial View Post
    What M+ are we talking about? Frost dk doesn't really have big burst potential as UH do when it pops army, except situations when everything procs for fdk (assuming fdk is using bracers). My top opener was like 1.7 mil, but it is so rare. Often it is 1.5mil top.

So, as a result if your fight is only 1-2min there are good chances that frost will be behind, however if you will take 3+ min fights, belt legendary and RNG favors him - GL beating frost.

But yea, 917fdk here with bracers, running +14-18 dungeons and there are mb 10% of ppl who can beat me.
    No burst with fury every 1:30 ? lol (assuming you switch legy pants, which you should if you have it)

Deleted
    I'm virtually at the stage now where I can freely choose both specs, unholy is now at 52 traits and I'm 200 million AP away from 52 as frost. Frost legendary items, I only need the belt now, with Prydaz still in the pool, so 3 more weeks max till every legendary is in my arsenal (dps wise). For other DK's in a similar situation to mine, its about both specs being accessible rather than having only one to really choose from. Having the freedom to choose really highlights the downside to both the AP and leggos grind.
    Last edited by mmoc7f933b7749; 2017-05-22 at 03:12 PM.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've been at 52 Traits Frost for awhile now and I just hit 51 for UH. I also have all the Frost legendaries so I'm working on my UH ones next. Trying to be flexible for this tier because it just feels like a lot of stuff is up in the air currently with what's going to be performing better. I enjoy both specs so I'm fine whichever way it goes.

So even though other classes can "cheat" on dps because of mobility, DKs still perform as good/better than them?

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by frychikn View Post
    So even though other classes can "cheat" on dps because of mobility, DKs still perform as good/better than them?
    It kinda depends. A lot of the higher parsing logs for DKs are achieved because the DK partially/completely ignores mechanics that other members of the raids are performing (eg eating Cakes or running away from Krosus to soak) This is pretty obvious when you look closely at the logs or even look up the "how to do MAX DPS on -Insert Boss Here-

If you're performing literally all of the mechanics to the same level as the rest of your raid group you'll see we fall off a little more comparatively.

But that being said there are still several fights that we are legitimately strong on by the nature of our kit so it happens to work out in our favor.
    Last edited by Siraeyou; 2017-05-22 at 09:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Siraeyou View Post
    It kinda depends. A lot of the higher parsing logs for DKs are achieved because the DK partially/completely ignores mechanics that other members of the raids are performing (eg eating Cakes or running away from Krosus to soak) This is pretty obvious when you look closely at the logs or even look up the "how to do MAX DPS on -Insert Boss Here-

If you're performing literally all of the mechanics to the same level as the rest of your raid group you'll see we fall off a little more comparatively.

But that being said there are still several fights that we are legitimately strong on by the nature of our kit so it happens to work out in our favor.
    So DKs are still good for progression guilds then?

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by frychikn View Post
    So DKs are still good for progression guilds then?
    I don't think you need to worry about being benched by nature of being a DK for ToS if that is your concern