Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I cant find a guild bc im a melee dps
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Anyway stop being such an ass fucktard.
    Quote Originally Posted by oblivium666 View Post
    Would you kindly go fuck yourself?

2 big problems for raid recruiting. Mythic + dungeons and people getting tire of the AP grind. If you want a 3rd reason the insane differences in raid tuning at the mythic level has been insane. EN was crazy easy, ToV was way the hell more difficult, then we have NH 3 gimmie bosses then an enormous step up in difficulty.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Legion is easily the best expansion for Heroic Raiders to break into doing Mythic.

But Mythic guilds won't recruit them and would rather die so, what can you do.

Quote Originally Posted by Feardotdead View Post
    Legion is easily the best expansion for Heroic Raiders to break into doing Mythic.

But Mythic guilds won't recruit them and would rather die so, what can you do.
    Smile that they have the whole job application process down pat, right to the part where you need 5 years of experience for an entry level position.

Quote Originally Posted by Trapped View Post
    I quit in February and just recently came back to see how the game was doing. Nice attitude though.
    I know right? I quit back in Feb too and it is good to see little reminders of why I stay gone.

written application is less about the actual answers than it is about figuring out 1) is this person mature enough to communicate ideas in writing? and 2) are they willing to take time out of their day to compose an app? Because if they can't do those things, how likely are they to research fights, be up to date on their class mechanics, etc.

These are pretty important things for a raid like ours that is on a relatively short schedule and needs to use such as forums or discord chats to work out strategy in advance. If you aren't comfortable interacting with forum/discord/voice etc outside of the game we're just gonna be wasting raid time bringing you up to speed, which we prefer to avoid.
    Last edited by Cheze; 2017-05-16 at 08:50 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    wanna know how i dealt with high flask/pot prices?
    I farmed my own herbs and with all gear we had when EN opened, u didt NEED to 2x pot etc on norm/hc EN bosses.
    Yeah but a lot of people don't want to switch profession, maybe they are miner and eng, for example. Usually, if you are willing to switch prof for raiding, you will not have a problem with raiding in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheze View Post
    written application is less about the actual answers than it is about figuring out 1) is this person mature enough to communicate ideas in writing? and 2) are they willing to take time out of their day to compose an app? Because if they can't do those things, how likely are they to research fights, be up to date on their class mechanics, etc.

These are pretty important things for a raid like ours that is on a relatively short schedule and needs to use such as forums or discord chats to work out strategy in advance. If you aren't comfortable interacting with forum/discord/voice etc outside of the game we're just gonna be wasting raid time bringing you up to speed, which we prefer to avoid.
    You know everyone says shit like this but I swear to god in 12 years of varying levels of difficulty from lfr to mythic every one who's ever said 'you have to read ahead, we're not going to explain the fights' turned out to be a big fat liar that then wasted 10-30 minutes telling people not to stand in things yet again.

When I find a group that follows through I promise I will not skim the fight mechanics and skip through the kill videos.

I've even had groups that threatened to kick people who failed mechanics but this turned out to not be a solid method of punishment when the person who fails next attempt is either the main tank or the raid leader who just issued the threat.

Ya'll do what you want in your guilds but just remember if you never follow through on your promises, no one takes you seriously

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shot89 View Post
    Yeah but a lot of people don't want to switch profession, maybe they are miner and eng, for example. Usually, if you are willing to switch prof for raiding, you will not have a problem with raiding in general.
    Also let's not pretend alchemy and herbalism weren't fucking ridiculous to level at xpack launch. 80k gold in usable product burned on an NPC to get guild cauldrons OH and if you never proc rank 3 on your recipes basically fuck you lol

we're 10/10 at US170 or something so we're no great shakes, but the approach works for us

we also have the benefit of being on a populated server though, so we may get more interested parties than other raids

Quote Originally Posted by Cheze View Post
    we're 10/10 at US170 or something so we're no great shakes, but the approach works for us

we also have the benefit of being on a populated server though, so we may get more interested parties than other raids
    You sound like you've got the best possible situation. Progression is largely over, not a lot of need to court transfers, and a pretty decent ranking to entice those that might. This isn't a criticism, just an observation. It's good to know there's a healthy ecosystem somewhere still.

Man if you ever want to see hell on earth trying being a recruit officer on a server that died 5 years ago

lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by woozie21 View Post
    I really have no idea what you are talking about.
    I am the GM of a 2 day a week Mythic raiding guild that is on 8/10 at the moment.
    We have 26 raiders in our roster and no requirements are set due tot he fact that all these people play the game and by playing the game you get your weapon up your legendaries & all the other stuff.
    The guild provides flasks/food & respec books so the only thing they need to bring is gold for repairs & the 6 hours a week we raid (2x3hours).

We use angry assignments and everything is writen up by my self & the other raid leader.
    Tactics are available on our discord before raid but we go trough them before we pull the boss.

Its EXTREMLY easy to be in a mythic guild as a raider and it takes NOTHING from you except that 6 hours a raiding a week.

Stop making up shit.

Back to the topic.
    Its been extremely difficult to recruit people so far, we've had weeks we had to go back and farm heroic due to low numbers and we have weeks we lost 3 people and no time to replace due to work commitments etc.
    You are the one that is making shit if you talk only about your own guild and have no experience with others

The problem is that there's fewer and fewer reasons to bother with a guild.
    For me, once my guild that *I* ran died out. I was done. I won't ever join another guild.
    I have unreasonable expectations, it seems like.
    Our guild raided purely for fun. We were competitive on the server but we were never aiming for progression.
    We focused entirely on seeing content, and beyond that, raiding sheerly because we had fun doing it.

Unless I found a guild that truly understood that, then to me PUG=Guild.
    Same level of my lack of desire to be there.
    I formed my guild after coming down from being in a few hardcore raiding guilds.
    I was sick of how raiding with a bunch of impersonal strangers felt, so I fought the hard fight and started my own.

There was one hardcore guild I ended up in on my alt, on another server.
    Just met them in a PUG, seemed really friendly, so I asked about joining.
    Turned out they were #2 on server and were pretty much more progressed than any guild on my home server.
    Funny stuff.
    Strong leadership, friendly members. An oddity in the hardcore scene, given their progression.

But the reality is, you can PUG most anything you want to do, and there's so many ways to PUG to gear up.
    People are becoming more and more opposed to wanting to play around a schedule as it becomes easier and easier to go without a guild entirely. They are getting what they want out of the game on their own time, in their own way.

The new PUG-your-way also puts a stronger emphasis on peoples' abilities to be total dicks to each other.
    What's the worst that can happen if they are? You kick them from the raid, they join another one shortly after.

Even without that. Is the group wiping? Leave. Find a new group.
    If you're in a guild? That's gonna get you guild kicked.

You have to offer them something they are willing to play on a schedule for.
    That isn't going to be easy now.
    Last edited by Spiral Mage; 2017-05-17 at 05:56 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by crakks View Post
    You are the one that is making shit if you talk only about your own guild and have no experience with others
    I have experience with loads of other guilds on Silvermoon which is the biggest server EU? I have also been a GM on and off since Vanilla.
    Stop making shit up to fit your little shit agenda.

Deleted
    I have experience with loads of other guilds on Silvermoon which is the biggest server EU? I have also been a GM on and off since Vanilla.
    Stop making shit up to fit your little shit agenda.
    You don't let others to express their opinions?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by crakks View Post
    You don't let others to express their opinions?
    Are you letting me express mine?

Personally I feel like this expansion is hard but not unlike Cata was.

During Cata we had loads of players right? But guildsize for "heroic/mythic" was 10 man still. So loads of 10 man guilds were starting up. This meant a small portion for 25 man guilds who were into "heroic/mythic". I saw 25 mans top over one after another.

Now we have the format of 20 for mythic. So a lot of guilds who want to raid mythic will have need of about 23/25 players in their roster. This is hard nowadays... mainly due to the LACK of players. 3.5/4 million players is a lot less then 12 million. Meanwhile we are all still suffering from the backlash of the change from 10 to 20 or the overabundance of 10 man guilds (that are trying to become 20) that are trying to survive.

Players come and players go. Same as it ever was. Been playing off and on since WoLK, and I haven't really noticed much difference. How many people stay attached to any one hobby forever? It's only natural for players to come and go, just as they do with other games, hobbies, and social groups.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Quote Originally Posted by Divinexve View Post
    I cant find a guild bc i have bad logs
    Fixed that for you.

Deleted
    Are you letting me express mine?
    I don't say that your opinion is shit agenda so leave your flaming in to the other topics.

Deleted
    MAby check out why - nad if what you are offering is in line with what your recruits are after?