Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Henderson Island - the most plastic-polluted place on Earth

Uninhabited by people and we still managed to turn it into this.

Pacific island the most plastic-polluted place on Earth

"A study published in April 2017 studied debris on several beaches, and reported "the highest density of plastic rubbish anywhere in the world" as a result of the South Pacific Gyre. The beaches contain an estimated 37.7 million items of debris together weighing 17.6 tonnes." Up to 65-70% estimated to be buried under the sand.

Henderson Island - Plastic waste south pacific ocean 2017

Imagine there will still be a long time before we do anything worth mentioning about plastic pollution, obviously hope I'm wrong.

If anyone knows about some big plans in the works please tell, would like to read about it. Maybe something about the five "garbage islands"?

Looks like it would be a real nice place if cleaned up.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Looks like it would be a real nice place if cleaned up.
    probably doesn't have natural fresh water, that's usually why islands are uninhabited.
    It's been a while actually since I've received a message from scrapbot...need to drink more i guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post
    Trump is a complete shitbag that's draining the country's coffers to stuff his own.
    It must be a day ending in Y.

Quote Originally Posted by Glnger View Post
    probably doesn't have natural fresh water, that's usually why islands are uninhabited.
    It doesn't it's a tiny island, tiny beautiful island.

Deleted
    Hermit crabs having the time of thier lives.

15+ Year Old Account
    All those free plastic bags. The people off England must be jealous...

Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    Hermit crabs having the time of thier lives.

Only thing that made me smile reading about this. :s

10+ Year Old Account
    Fact nobody wants to accept. The human race is a densely overpopulated species for what impact is has on the world around it. If there were an over abundance of hornets across the globe, they would be considered a blight and wiped out to preserve crops and way of life, but our own species does just as much fucked up shit to the natural world, using up resources, fucking up the land with radiation and industrialization, but nobody wants to mention that.

Until the human species is culled, like humans cull other species, this will continue, and no promises made to environmental groups will make it better. And because human culling has its own word, genocide, then nothing short of a natural world wide disaster will do it.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/eart...enborough.html
    Last edited by Trassk; 2017-05-16 at 10:56 PM.
    #boycottchina

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm a Barbie girl, in a Barbie world
    Life in plastic, it's fantastic.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

15+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure this isn't the most plastic polluted place on earth, there's an actual trashpile of plastic floating around in the ocean. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_..._garbage_patch)
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

Meanwhile, healthcare is a right for everyone! Let's ALL live forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Until the human species is culled, like humans cull other species, this will continue, and no promises made to environmental groups will make it better. And because human culling has its own word, genocide, then nothing short of a natural world wide disaster will do it.
    Maybe the mass suicide of culling supporters could make a dent? Lead by example and all.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account

15+ Year Old Account
    Clearly they've never seen venice beach. Hyuck hyuck

Quote Originally Posted by Ave07 View Post
    I knew that we were eating plastic particles(garbage), but that it was in drinking water was news to me and something I never thought about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Exeris View Post
    Uninhabited by people and we still managed to turn it into this.
    This looks like a doctored photo. The trash doesn't extend very far away from the camera.

Fact nobody wants to accept. The human race is a densely overpopulated species for what impact is has on the world around it. If there were an over abundance of hornets across the globe, they would be considered a blight and wiped out to preserve crops and way of life, but our own species does just as much fucked up shit to the natural world, using up resources, fucking up the land with radiation and industrialization, but nobody wants to mention that.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/eart...enborough.html
    I know this is shocking, but overpopulation isn't as big of an issue as overconsumption is. Those millions of people in Kenya will never do as much damage to the earth as a few thousand westerners will.

Yes genocide or natural disaster is the solution, not the move towards eco-friendly practices which has been happening for the past half century now.

Like @Gourmandise said, maybe if humans should be killed off to save unpopulated islands from plastic, you should lead by example.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Exeris View Post

Only thing that made me smile reading about this. :s
    Here you go pal :

https://www.theoceancleanup.com/

Cheer up. Where there is a problem, someone is always looking for a solution.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Yes genocide or natural disaster is the solution, not the move towards eco-friendly practices which has been happening for the past half century now.

Like @Gourmandise said, maybe if humans should be killed off to save unpopulated islands from plastic, you should lead by example.
    I don't intend to have children, so I'm not contributing to the problem
    #boycottchina