Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Mythic Tichondrius talent/leggo tips

I normally just go to WCL to figure out what seem to be panning out as the top legendaries and talents are for a particular boss and play that when it comes time for progression, but unfortunately that doesn't really work in the case of Tich, because people are doing padstrats where they dont drag the bloods out and they just keep everything stacked and outdps the boss.

Since its prog for us, were probably not going for a "max number pad strat for no reason." I raid lead, and my current plan is to hold thefirst set of bloods in on the boss and allowing the boss to apply a second stack to the blood tank before we bop him and burn them. After that, we'll continue to do double stacks but the tank will start dragging the adds out.

As somebody with access to all DPS leggos, I'm thinking bracers + shoulders so I have meta back up after the first bat phase? Could also go helm and play meambeam, since with 4-7 consistent targets it'll probably result in pretty high uptime on meta.

Halp.

Deleted
    The adds heal through a bop on mythic. You have to move them out of the boss aura.

When we were progressing on it I basically tried to fill the gaps our group had. We'd kill bloods during echoes and occasionally had issues with that, so I ran Ring/Bracers with bloodlet as it wasn't terribly far behind in ST either. I've started doing Ring/Shoulders and my boss damage has definitely picked up a bit, since as you said your CDs line up pretty well with the damage bonus phases.

I tried meme beam but it didn't pan out too well for me. Looking at logs, focusing on boss damage only, it's not highly represented. https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...metric=bossdps

Most people are running some combination of Ring/Bracers/Shoulders.

Shoulders + Ring + ST build.

Blobs should be dealt by ranged DPS. With shoulders along (no CoF, no relics) you've Meta ready for after the Night phase, to burst again with 50% increased damage.

Sure, you'll get a shit percentile because everyone pads the fuck out of that boss, but you'll actually be helping to kill it. It's so sad the top 1 rank has like 60% more damage to the blobs than the boss.

Or you use CoF with 1 Relic and stay Bloodlet for a bit of cleave... with CoF your Meta will also be ready for the second P1.

Quote Originally Posted by Silla View Post
    Or you use CoF with 1 Relic and stay Bloodlet for a bit of cleave... with CoF your Meta will also be ready for the second P1.
    But Cleave is useless on mythic..as shirofune said.. only for padding..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lostprophet View Post
    Still, Ring+Belt+1 meta relic + first blood is a good alternative if you don't have the shoulders.

Deleted
    If you don't care about logs and just want to help your raid, ST build with AotHG+Delusions and Dinner Bell are great for progression on Tichondrius
    no CoF, no meta relics

10+ Year Old Account
    If you use bracers and bounce off the blobs onto the boss I'm sure bloodlet comes out on top for boss damage. That said if all three bounces hit blobs it's a pad gain but boss loss. Just takes a bit of awareness and practice.
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

Quote Originally Posted by xtramuscle View Post
    If you use bracers and bounce off the blobs onto the boss I'm sure bloodlet comes out on top for boss damage. That said if all three bounces hit blobs it's a pad gain but boss loss. Just takes a bit of awareness and practice.
    You're going to get max a bounce on the boss when the blobs spawn, and is not even sure because there're 3 blobs and they're moving away together.

Either way, its one throw glaive max per pack. That doesn't outweight First Blood or CC ST component.

The only reason Bloodlet is stronger in Botanist is because you've 2/3 targets the majority of the fight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shirofune View Post
    You're going to get max a bounce on the boss when the blobs spawn, and is not even sure because there're 3 blobs and they're moving away together.

Either way, its one throw glaive max per pack. That doesn't outweight First Blood or CC ST component.

The only reason Bloodlet is stronger in Botanist is because you've 2/3 targets the majority of the fight.
    We only move blobs away when there is 6. So it isn't strictly 1 TG per pack.
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,

Well, that's for your raiding group, which can be still considered padding, as anytime the blobs are near Tichondrius, they're healing.

Blobs don't stay in melee for a second in mine.
    Last edited by Shirofune; 2017-05-13 at 09:02 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some classes benefit from having more targets to hit, for their single target damage. More resource generation, free cleave, etc. It's also way more efficient to aoe 6 mobs, than it is 3 mobs twice.
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,

So the strat we eventually settled on has us with one tank doing all of the adds, and running out with every other set. I'm one of the soakers and usually have a pretty hefty dot on me, so really I'm doing my healers a favor by doing belt and bracers on all the adds that are permanently 100% right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Without a doubt... If they do that want to heal the dot, you can get a resto shaman to spec into insta ress totem, sacrifice a player, who takes the ress and carry on. They lose a food buff, but it doesn't count towards combat ress, and makes the fight trivial tbh
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,

Quote Originally Posted by Lostprophet View Post
    So it's useless for the Bat's or to support the ranges killing the spawned adds? Interesting... I can only speak from my perspective and my raid so it depends on the general strat of each raid group. Saying indirectly that it makes no sense makes no sense. :P

Deleted
    With 6 blobs, the chance to hit Tichondrius with a bouncing glaive is even lower.
    You get definitely more boss damage out of Chaos Cleave or First Blood with Delusions than of Bloodlet+bracers.

And for bat phase, bracers also don't help a lot because the bats don't live long enough for bloodlet.
    Last edited by mmoc48448a6da7; 2017-05-17 at 12:23 AM.

So it's useless for the Bat's or to support the ranges killing the spawned adds? Interesting... I can only speak from my perspective and my raid so it depends on the general strat of each raid group. Saying indirectly that it makes no sense makes no sense. :P
    You only go add spawn build if your raid blows at killing bats.

Quote Originally Posted by ehxy View Post
    You only go add spawn build if your raid blows at killing bats.
    During our first kill weeks ago yes we had some issues to kill the bats in time that everyone makes it safe outside the phase. Meanwhile it's more like who pulls out the biggest numbers so as I said before, it depends on the strat and on the lineup.

When the ranges can handle the adds on their own etc. etc. etc. he can basically play what he wants...

During our first kill weeks ago yes we had some issues to kill the bats in time that everyone makes it safe outside the phase. Meanwhile it's more like who pulls out the biggest numbers so as I said before, it depends on the strat and on the lineup.

When the ranges can handle the adds on their own etc. etc. etc. he can basically play what he wants...
    we're basically saying the same thing so yeah