Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    I've been using Ox pet, but tbh, on Kruul he is a bit of a hindrance because he makes Kruul stationary. Which means he'll stand on his green puddle of shit and you'll have to move away and taunt him out of it every time.
    Or you can pet command move the PET. piccardfacepalm.jpg

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonrisa View Post
    Or you can pet command move the PET. piccardfacepalm.jpg
    You.

Just blew my mind.

Totally forgot about that since the last time I played a pet spec was in TBC...
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

I'm struggling pretty badly with Kruul. Generally only getting him to about 20% at the third annihilation.

Kruul seems to be ignoring Niuzao for me. Niuzao gets agro but generally doesn't hold it. I'm really at a loss where I'm going to find more damage as most of my time is spent trying to survive. I've tried a number of talent combinations: leg sweet/statue, RJW/Niuzao/SD, BOB/GotM and none seem to make any real difference.

I suppose I don't get how you're supposed to get enough uptime on Kruul in the face of escaping stomps, surviving purple adds, avoiding smash etc whilst the only heal available are Velen's orbs

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Juliansfist View Post
    I'm struggling pretty badly with Kruul. Generally only getting him to about 20% at the third annihilation.

Kruul seems to be ignoring Niuzao for me. Niuzao gets agro but generally doesn't hold it. I'm really at a loss where I'm going to find more damage as most of my time is spent trying to survive. I've tried a number of talent combinations: leg sweet/statue, RJW/Niuzao/SD, BOB/GotM and none seem to make any real difference.

I suppose I don't get how you're supposed to get enough uptime on Kruul in the face of escaping stomps, surviving purple adds, avoiding smash etc whilst the only heal available are Velen's orbs
    The orb stuns are the key. As i said on my post you have to intelligently use them (surviving aslong as possible before using them so you are back up and DPSing again). For me, leg sweep and niuzao were what gave me enough up time.

Also, theres no way niuzao doesn't hold agro on him. Only if you have a taunt macroed in something or set him in the wrong target.

don't forget to use effuse when you have the health debuff cause you can proc out orbs when your health jumps around 35%

Deleted
    finally
    i got my skin today.
    im main WW got that one on release day
    but today i got the BRM challenge done!
    took me around 100 tries i guess^^
    ilvl 904 -> legos: cyndaria and WW chest and 47 traits in relic. (those i took after 42: overflow, obsidian fists, hot blooded, face palm and potent kick) weapon had 3 face palm relics: (ilvls: 865, 875 and 895 (got that fucking iron relic from EoA took me like 40 runs to see it drop once!))
    trinkets: foci and chrono shard.
    food/flask: agility flask + bear tartar.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wipeer View Post
    don't forget to use effuse when you have the health debuff cause you can proc out orbs when your health jumps around 35%
    This would be extremely difficult to pull off. Not to mention standing still to cast something, even if its a 1 second cast can get you killed. The infernals are merciless and the time is better spent dpsing kruul.
    Last edited by mmoc80be7224cc; 2017-05-23 at 02:59 AM.

I haven't read through this thread and I've only done the challenge for Guardian. However if this tip is applicable it might help BrM. If you can tag Variss and pull him close to Velen, he will be melee by Velen for insane dmg. When I completed the challenge Velen ended up doing over 15M dmg to Variss(Variss' health for bears is only 35M). This doesn't help at all for Kruul but I was able to save most of my cds and get prepared by killing adds before Variss died. Also it reduced the amount of times I died to stupid fuckups in phase 1 so I could reliably get to phase 2 quickly.

Anyways hope this helps.

Yes I've noticed this as well but Velen meleeing Variss is still inconsistent and I've quite a few attempts where Variss is mindrending Velen when Niuzao is up.

Deleted
    velen can melee variss? lawl.
    velen is so stupid he spawned multiple orbs in green shit...
    velen likes if you stay in shit :>

Deleted
    still be getting damage from the eyes wich will be multiplied to a bigger % of your hp when the buff wears off.
    The Eyes dealing no damage. Not even a single point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaolin View Post
    I haven't read through this thread and I've only done the challenge for Guardian. However if this tip is applicable it might help BrM. If you can tag Variss and pull him close to Velen, he will be melee by Velen for insane dmg. When I completed the challenge Velen ended up doing over 15M dmg to Variss(Variss' health for bears is only 35M). This doesn't help at all for Kruul but I was able to save most of my cds and get prepared by killing adds before Variss died. Also it reduced the amount of times I died to stupid fuckups in phase 1 so I could reliably get to phase 2 quickly.

Anyways hope this helps.
    How do you "pull him" there? If I leave he'll nuke me, if I interrupt his nuke he'll just nuke some more immediately after. Don't think there's a way to get him to move, is there?
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain

Deleted
    Hi,

Walk behind Velen and Variss will start to move towards you since you are out of range, roll towards him when variss is on top of velen.

I manage to complete this challenge yesterday and i will try to list a few things i noticed:

1. The tank pet helped a lot, got variss down to ~40-50% on every single pull and he also helped a lot when fighting kruul. But he made the kruul fight messy sometimes. I am not sure but it felt like Kruul wasn't jumping as much when pet kept tanking him, this might also be random or accidentally correct usage of paralyze.

2. Leech trinket from nighthold, i had 2 rotations for killing these small adds which spawns in packs of 4: 1. Artifact + KS + BoF 2. Leech trinket + Keg smash + BoF (trinket made it easier to stay on top of variss). The cooldowns of these two rotations lined up quite well with spawn timer of these adds. Try to have leech trinket available when kruul spawns, potion + bloodlust will work wonders with leech from the trinket.

3. Try to get a clean board before killing Variss i.e. no adds and full health. It made the start of next phase miles easier.

4. Dave helped a lot with keeping adds close to Kruul and by doing so i could forget about friendlies and it made it easier to kill these. Same thing in phase 1, having adds running towards dave (placed on top of Variss) made it easier to handle them

5. Healing pools dispells the healing debuff Kruul casts on you, roll away and pick up a pool if you get the debuff

6. Try to keep the center area clear from green stuff

7. I used Potion of old war + drums when kruul landed and when these buffs ended i summoned tank pet. If tank pet was standing with kruul in green, taunt kruul and he will move slightly and then you are able to keep on dpsing.

8. Kruul part of the fight just feels random, but once you get a clean start on him it feels instantlly do-able

9. Uptime here is important i can't stress how important dps is in this challenge. There is no reason keg smash should ever be off cooldown, use it always when available and always on the main targets variss and kruul. Move a lot and always be ready to use teleport

I was 905 equipped (Dessuithiel at Thilight's hammer), used bear tartare + agi flask + potion of old war + drums

This post became messy, sorry for that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    How do you "pull him" there? If I leave he'll nuke me, if I interrupt his nuke he'll just nuke some more immediately after. Don't think there's a way to get him to move, is there?
    It does move when it is first pulled. It runs toward you and then starts to cast. It is often not noticed because you start at melee.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    For everything else, there's Brewmastercard

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Juliansfist View Post

Is Niz set to auto taunt? I did about 100 pulls before it clicked that ox summon aggro was inconsistent.
    I didn't have the taunt set to automatically taunt the target and it was waiting on manual input all this time.

He was set to auto taunt yes. With Kruul he was taunting but it seems he wasnt gaining excess threat to hold a group though. When Variss has killed Velez whilst Niuzao was on him it seems to had something to do with how close Niuzao was.

If Niuzao was too close it would cause Variss to move and from what I could see if Variss moved there was a chance he would change to Velen.

To pull Variss to Velen stand at Max range for CJL, cast and move back then forward depending on how you want him positioned.

Has anyone else also been getting instant double stacks of the aura decay when first entering? The only reliable way I can avoid it is jumping when entering the aura.

Deleted
    had no problem with niz.
    you just have to taunt kruul when he leaps. so that niz doesnt tank him in the zone

10+ Year Old Account
    It's weird, after all the problems I had. I logged in when the tower came up a few days ago and 2 shotted it. And it was easy too, like, when I killed him, there were still 2 or 3 healing orbs up.

Just weird, after my like 150+ attempts, the attempt I got it on was relatively easy. Just comes to show how much of an RNG that tank fight is. As long as the RNG gods favor you, the fight will be fine.