Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    No it wasn't, not even for BM due to the lack of ammo dps. The only thing legendary about it was the bitching it inspired.
    Don't think it was quite that simple though. Didn't Thor'idal have higher weapon damage than Golden bow to complensate for Thori'dal not benefiting from ammo dps ? Basically Thori'dals weapon dps (without ammo because it didn't use any) was exactly the same as Golden bow WITH ammo dps.

Then add in the fact that not all attacks were affected by ammo dps (i'm fairly sure this was the case with steady shot). Therefore thori'dal actually hit harder with steady shot than golden bow. Back in BC steady shot was a much higher percentage of your dps than it was in later xpacs and that made Thori'dal marginally more powerful than Golden bow.

I'm going off very old memories and it's not something I can check with any certainty on wowhead since no weapons use ammo anymore and so the weapon dps values of the 2 bows as shown today probably aren't the same as they were back in BC.. I'm fairly sure i'm correct on the the stuff about steady shot and the relative weapon dps values of the 2 weapons though.
    Last edited by Paulosio; 2017-05-16 at 01:49 PM.

Deleted
    The legendary was the best because it had more haste to get the mousewheel rotation done right.

On top of that, Steadyshot didn't scale with Ammo but weapondamage.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2017-05-16 at 03:49 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Paulosio described it perfectly, cant add anything to it

My dps went up by a lot in comparison to the golden bow but i dont have any numbers in my head anymore.

It was a drop, and while it may have been Orange, it wasn't the result of a quest chain or constructed like the other non-glaive legendaries. There's no reason from a "within the game" experience to consider it a valuable/rare/amazing weapon like you would a Tarecgosa or Thunderfury.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Obnoxious Patriots Fan Darth Belichick's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Sad part is that bow wasn't BiS at the time, due to high end arrows/ammo*, so you used it for saving money on trash then swapped to Golden Bow for bosses. I still remember the jokes about how goblins made it instead of belves.

*Arrows and ammo had their own damage ratings, so you had to factor them in.
    Lol so not true. The damage was baked into the bow, which caused Steady Shot damage to increase. Steady Shot didn't take ammo DPS into account when doing its calculation, so when the ammo DPS was baked into Thoridal, it was a decent damage buff. And considering all we did was Steady Shot/Auto shot on a 3:2 Macro, it was a good increase. Not as good as other Legendaries, but people saying it was worse than Golden Bow clearly didn't play back then.
    Last edited by Darth Belichick; 2017-05-16 at 05:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    but people saying it was worse than Golden Bow clearly didn't play back then.
    Or played sv in raids as the physical ap buffbot. Also, every decent Arena MM wouldt dare touch the golden bow when they had Illidans Mana sucker.

Obnoxious Patriots Fan Darth Belichick's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Even if you played the other specs, anyone who played back then would know in PvE Thoridal > any other epic bow. No one was MM in raids, and at most you had 1 hunter who played SV.

Of all the looks shown, the most interesting/rare weapon on the wall.... this one.

It's a colour variant of the Nesingwary 4000, but this one currently does not exist in-game as an obtainable look

Speaking of people who weren't around back then...

They had to patch in ammo dps after we pointed out how shitty Thor was, and ammo was removed from the game in Wrath alpha right afterwards in typical Blizz vindictiveness (never prove them, especially GC wrong, if you value your class), but I guess I imagined all that.

Bet I imagined beating M'uru pre-nerf too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Deleted

They had to patch in ammo dps after we pointed out how shitty Thor was, and ammo was removed from the game in Wrath alpha right afterwards in typical Blizz vindictiveness (never prove them, especially GC wrong, if you value your class), but I guess I imagined all that.

Yeah, you must have.

Ammo wasn't removed until Cataclysm and Ammo DPS wasn't used for skills until Wrath (or pre-release patch) because skills didn't require Ammo. (Volley spam for example).

I'll admit to misremembering when ammo was removed at least, but I do know damn well there was outcry over Thor'idal being "grats, you save money on trash".
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

10+ Year Old Account
    but I do know damn well there was outcry over Thor'idal being "grats, you save money on trash".
    Considering how much repair costs we already avioded with FD, the Bow made everyone jealous

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    also again this is an item labled as legendary, and its just hanging out here with nobody saying a word about it like imagine if thunderfury was just sitting up on a wall in the warrior class hall, or dragonwrath in the mage one
    You'd find Thunderfury in the Rogue hall these days.

Thunderfury should be in the Hunter hall too! I mean, some hunters had it as well! lol.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    how? most of these weapons are just random drops from dungeons and raids...
    Which is EXACTLY what Thori'dall is/was. A completely random weapon with absolutely no lore, fluff or story to it, that was a random drop from a raid.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nToxik View Post
    Thori'dal was arguably the worst Legendary weapon ever introduced by Blizzard. It was introduced at the end of an expansion and did less damage than other ranged weapons when you factored in ammo. A great joke was played on the hunter community back then. GG Blizzard. Well played.
    From what I vaguely remember, steady shot went by weapon damage over ammo damage or something so having the damage baked into the weapon was still a notable increase.

how? most of these weapons are just random drops from dungeons and raids...
    random my ass ...that red gun is not in the game...it is a red color version of a ENGI one......

also...most of these are basically weapons used from some teir...so think of if it as a collection of outdated weapons from past experiences.

dammit now i want that red gun....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tannon View Post
    Of all the looks shown, the most interesting/rare weapon on the wall.... this one.

It's a colour variant of the Nesingwary 4000, but this one currently does not exist in-game as an obtainable look
    there we go i wasnt the only one that noticed....

- - - Updated - - -

I'll admit to misremembering when ammo was removed at least, but I do know damn well there was outcry over Thor'idal being "grats, you save money on trash".
    actually the first bows...went to rogues....

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    You'd find Thunderfury in the Rogue hall these days.
    yes but it has a whole quest chain and is anknowleged for being special

- - - Updated - - -

and yeah , stop trying, you were allready proven wrong by many people that yes thor was a pretty good damage increase because spells did not take ammo damage into account, and the damage of thor was equal to the damage golden bow did WITH the best ammo

but to everyone else, yeah looking into the bow more, and thinking about it, yes i guess it does make sense, but it is still feels abit weird having an orange just hanging out on the wall

Ammo wasn't removed until Cata, and GC wasn't involved until Wrath beta, so yes, I'm pretty confident you did imagine all that.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Ah, the bow that required no quiver and spared you a bag's slot. That is as legendary as it gets.