Poll: Which one do you like best?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Which Race Starter Area do you prefer?

Storywise, which do you prefer.

I personally prefer the Night Elf starter area: Teldrassil.
    Last edited by Mythabay; 2017-05-17 at 01:11 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    As in zone, not storywise? Then probably Kezan (Goblin), Forsaken Trisfal Glades, and Worgen Gilneas. Hell, even storywise, those 3 would be it too.

Human, small, quick, and easy. Too bad I think humans are ugly, and I'm too lazy to walk there haha.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    I love em all pretty much, the only one I have't done ever is the gnome one, and last time I did night elf one was in 2007, so I assume it has changed.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Goblin and Worgen. Story-wise they're great and the goblin starting area is a fracking blast.

I like NELF the best and probably BELF as second. I dislike the Worgen and Panda zones because they have too much RP and events that you can't just plow through (have never actually done Kezan because I don't like goblins). Events and RP are fine the first time through but starter zones are something you end up doing multiple times if you like alts. That RP crap should be possible to skip or we should be given the opportunity to just move our level 1 worgen, panda, or goblin to the human/orc starting zones after completing the other zones on at least one character.

Storywise, Worgen and Goblin. The fact that they're being invaded by the opposite faction as their home crumbles to the cataclysm sounds intense enough.

Forsaken and blood elf starting zones for me. I like questing in zones that have a history behind them while fighting the undead, and they both have an unique atmosphere to it.

Forsaken. You can easily level them. I had leveled a Forsaken Hunter from 1- 40 in a day without spamming dungeons, just mainly questing.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Story wise, Gilneas easily.

Gameplay/aesthetics wise...hard to say, due to gameplay being pretty limited at that level in general.

Pole position
    In motorsport the pole position is the position at the inside of the front row at the start of a racing event. This position is typically given to the vehicle and driver with the best qualifying time in the trials before the race.

10+ Year Old Account
    Goblin, Worgen, Gnome, and Pandaren are my favorite starting areas.

I used to like the Blood Elf and Draenei ones but compared to the newer ones, they are old and go on forever.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Death Knights.

Yeah, not a choice, but it trumps all the racial starting areas by a country mile IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by tgoodchild View Post
    Other than never wanting to see any of them ever again after leveling so very many times, I'd have to say my favorite is still the Belf area. When it came out in BC it was just so much better than the original starting areas (and didn't suck hard like Draenei's zone). But even it got tiring with time.

You did also forget two starting zones: DK and DH.
    Crap.. That's true.
    Last edited by Mythabay; 2017-05-17 at 06:33 AM.

I liked the Pandaren one. Not so much because it's "the best in every way" but because it's so recent that it's got the advanced, high-effort, well-planned nature of modern zones but is a starting area and also isn't entirely bleak. Stuff is breaking and it's bad but it's not "apocalyptic" and you aren't roaming confused into high level mobs because the zone is convoluted and wraps around like intestines in the way of many vanilla starting zones.
    Quote Originally Posted by onesBronson View Post
    Storywise, Worgen and Goblin. The fact that they're being invaded by the opposite faction as their home crumbles to the cataclysm sounds intense enough.
    The thing about the Goblin stater is that the major antagonist is another Goblin and also their faction leader. After committing intentional genocide on his people for kicks and profit he then attacks a former Horde Warchief (without knowing about the "Former" part, might I add) and his reward is to continue being your faction leader with no punishment whatsoever and is even financially compensated for his service by Garrosh of all people. The Alliance show up a bit here and there but are more like a natural obstacle than anything else. I like the Goblins in a lot of ways but Gallywix and how he's been handled ruins them like an actual bootprint on a cake.
    Last edited by TheWindWalker; 2017-05-17 at 06:10 AM.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Story: Forsaken
    Gameplay: Blood elf (you just... run to ghostlands. Straight down the scar, dot up everything and you'll be level 8-9 by the time you get to ghostlands. Then you just... kill few more then go back to silvermoon to get to orgy for ragefire and you'll be level 20 from level 1 in a matter of an hour. Easy peasy lemon squeezy
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Deleted
    Gameplay-wise I would say the Human one, all quests are pumped tidily into a small area.
    Worst in gameplay was Night Elf (goddamn running all around the place for vials)

I am surprised that nobody picked Gnome.. It is fun watching them run... Hehe. I just prefer Night Elf.

Panda > Goblin > Worgen, the other ones are all outdated as hell.

I prefer the vanilla ones, which is why I don't lvl new toons anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.