Deleted

[Retribution] Paladin Trinket Question

Hello!

I have been reading this forum for a while but decided to make a thread here about my Retribution Paladin.

Sorry could not post LINK because im new on the forum here. Look my character up if you want to see it for yourself EU "Skäggbusen-The Maelstrom"

I have farmed trinkets for a while. These are the ones I have.

Claw of Crystalline Scorpid - Itemlevel 870
    Mark of Dargull - Itemlevel 870
    Faulty Countermeasures - Itemlevel 885
    Convergence of Fate - Itemlevel 860
    Entwined Elemental Foci - Itemlevel 875
    Chrono Shard (with necklace Strand of the Stars) - Itemlevel 890
    Memento of Angerboda - Itemlevel 880
    I have been experimenting alot with them too see which one that suits my Retribution Paladin the best to get that best DPS. I have noticed that I don't like Convergence of Fate as much as i tought because when combo'ed Crusade with Faulty Countermeasures it out-syncs eachother because they're both on 2 min CD from the beginning.

My stats are:
    33.664 Strength
    26% Critical Strike
    32% Haste
    23% Mastery
    5% Versatility
    I want to hear your toughts on how you build your Retribution Paladins? What are the stats to go for and trinkets to use if you're mainly playing Mythic+?

Thanks in advance! All comments are appreciated

Chrono shard is out of the question since u already have a lot of haste
    from this I would take Claw and convergence for dungeons
    memento and faulty for single target (swap faulty for convergence if u can get an extra crusade)
    memento and claw for aoe (swap memento for Convegence if u can get an extra crusade)

about the stats sim yourself is always the answer but normally u should go for ~21% haste (~31% with cloack lego) > crit ~ versa > mastery

Memento is not only competitive for its ilvl, it's priceless for progression. It's amazing. Always take Memento for progression then switch out your second trinket depending on the fight and fight length. If you want it quick-and-easy as possible: Convergence if you think you'll get an extra Crusade, Faulty Countermeasure otherwise.

Alot of people seem to ignore that Chrono Shard has a separate proc for damage taken, spell cast (Even BoK refresh) and melee attack. It has more than 1 ppm around 2 ppm. However, you should never use the necklace with it as you can get better optimized stat on the necklace.

Skorpion trinket requires you to not be so trigger happy or you get procs during out of melee range judgements. It happens quite alot.

Memento is good if you got people dying.

Foci is just a bunch of bad feels when it procs mastery.

Mark of Dahgrul is just Skorpion Trinket with even more horrible output.

FCM is just for Tyrannical days.

For mythic+ it depends on how your tank pulls and how fast you clear from one pack to another. Chrono Shard + Skorpion trinket isn't that bad if you have slight periods of dropping out of combat.

Quote Originally Posted by SnorlaxJeng View Post
    Memento is absolutely BIS if people are dying. Even if you sim it, it's very competitive, and the sims don't have anyone dying.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AoinoMiku View Post
    Chrono shard is out of the question since u already have a lot of haste
    from this I would take Claw and convergence for dungeons
    memento and faulty for single target (swap faulty for convergence if u can get an extra crusade)
    memento and claw for aoe (swap memento for Convegence if u can get an extra crusade)

about the stats sim yourself is always the answer but normally u should go for ~21% haste (~31% with cloack lego) > crit ~ versa > mastery
    Thank you. I noticed Chrono Shard is not very valuable when im already at 30% haste. I guess another build with higher crit/versa lesser haste Chrono Shard can be valuable.

Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    Memento is not only competitive for its ilvl, it's priceless for progression. It's amazing. Always take Memento for progression then switch out your second trinket depending on the fight and fight length. If you want it quick-and-easy as possible: Convergence if you think you'll get an extra Crusade, Faulty Countermeasure otherwise.
    I don't think Memento procs enough and it looks like Convergence is nerfed or something because I rarely get a new Crusade. Does Itemlevel give higher proc-chance?

Quote Originally Posted by SnorlaxJeng View Post
    Alot of people seem to ignore that Chrono Shard has a separate proc for damage taken, spell cast (Even BoK refresh) and melee attack. It has more than 1 ppm around 2 ppm. However, you should never use the necklace with it as you can get better optimized stat on the necklace.

Skorpion trinket requires you to not be so trigger happy or you get procs during out of melee range judgements. It happens quite alot.

Foci is just a bunch of bad feels when it procs mastery.

Mark of Dahgrul is just Skorpion Trinket with even more horrible output.

FCM is just for Tyrannical days.

For mythic+ it depends on how your tank pulls and how fast you clear from one pack to another. Chrono Shard + Skorpion trinket isn't that bad if you have slight periods of dropping out of combat.
    Scorpion trinket is very good in clearing trash, I normally go with Faulty for bosses and Scorpion for trash in mythics+. I tried going with scorpion and dahgrul and the aoe dmg is very good, but then i miss out on good output from normal stats gained from example memento.

Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    Memento is absolutely BIS if people are dying. Even if you sim it, it's very competitive, and the sims don't have anyone dying.
    So Memento is the best trinket? Memento and Scorpion? But Bad RNG can memento me to mastery all night long.

Yeah if u lose some haste chrono shard becomes much better
    If u get mastery from memento it is ok mastery is a good stat u still get good damage from it just not has much has others probably better than haste tbh

Quote Originally Posted by bearbeat View Post
    I don't think Memento procs enough and it looks like Convergence is nerfed or something because I rarely get a new Crusade. Does Itemlevel give higher proc-chance?
    Memento procs about 23% uptime for me, higher haste will yield a bit higher proc rate and I only have 24%. Convergence highly depends on fight length. On a ~4 minute fight, you're going to get at least most of another Crusade in if you're using it on cooldown. If it's ~4:35, though, it becomes basically useless. On shorter fight lengths (like 2:40-3:30), Convergence gets weaker and it becomes more difficult to judge whether to equip it or not below 2:40.

Scorpion trinket is very good in clearing trash, I normally go with Faulty for bosses and Scorpion for trash in mythics+. I tried going with scorpion and dahgrul and the aoe dmg is very good, but then i miss out on good output from normal stats gained from example memento.
    Keep in mind that Claw (scorpion trinket) is also very dependent on your position and the direction you're facing. It can even proc from a judgment when you're not in range for the trinket to do anything.

So Memento is the best trinket? Memento and Scorpion? But Bad RNG can memento me to mastery all night long.
    On progression where you will probably have people dying towards the end, it's extremely useful. Use it on progression at least, if nothing else. EDIT: Oh and higher count raid sizes favor Memento a bit more as well, because more people to die = more procs, generally-speaking.
    Last edited by Reith; 2017-05-18 at 10:53 AM.