Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Oh look, another purpose community has run its course. How significant.

Quote Originally Posted by balir View Post
    That's the part that pisses me off. Four leave, with little or no regard to the other sixteen plus players. They were dps, so recruitment "may" have covered those, but losing Kuznam & Pottm was the killer.
    Who knows, maybe there's some old school Paragon members out there that still have the itch that could be scratched....?
    Watch Naguras explanation: https://clips.twitch.tv/AuspiciousIronicInternTebowing

Serenity was kinda done for before these four left. They got Lazel as replacement for Pottm, but he's kinda acoustic so who knows how it would have turned out

Who in Method is stepping down now to make room for four new people?

Were we expecting them to play the same game with the same group of people forever? Who does that?

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by barackohmama View Post
    Who in Method is stepping down now to make room for four new people?
    Especially since they merged with REM.

Wait so people going to FSY and Method, what if I tell FSY or Method that I'm from Serenity and look for a new place, can I trick them? LUL Kappa lulululul

7+ Year Old Account

Oh no what am I going to do without having another horse in a race I get to watch as a spreadsheet on the front page of MMO Champion / WoWProgress... oh no.. oh no..

That's right. Not notice it like I haven't beyond random passing and whine / rage fan threads like this on the forum. As I see it... nothing to really see.

Deleted
    In all fairness

its now

Method
    Limit
    Prestige Gaming
    and only nighttime ScrubBusters
    FatSharkYes (4 days?)

left from top 10
    It used to be a 2 horse race.
    Now its not even a race anymore.

I think most people who played this game hardcore realised the input is not worth the output

If you are such an insanely talented player and play wow on the higest level, you get nothing in return compared to other esports where ppl live from being "really good" and the best earns tons of money.

Err, you're kinda forgetting the guild who won Nighthold there buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by Scherwin View Post
    In all fairness

its now

Method
    Limit
    Prestige Gaming
    FatSharkYes (4 days?)

left from top 10

I think most people who played this game hardcore realised the input is not worth the output

If you are such an insanely talented player and play wow on the higest level, you get nothing in return compared to other esports where ppl live from being "really good" and the best earns tons of money.
    Exorsus isn't done, they TALKED about it, yes, but they haven't quit yet, they were just split farming mythic the other day, you don't do that unless you plan to keep fighting. That and their little "recruitment" tweet after news of serenity.

It was a 3 horse race and now its a 2 horse race, but hey, something unexpected could happen.

I feel bad for Slootbag, through his stream, you can see genuine interest in some viewers who care to interact. They're not even donators or subscribers.

He's also genuinely smart and can keep his head up, regardless of his feelings. Very fine guy.

Poor guy.

Why did Fragnance leave, after all? What actually set him and the group off?

(With all due respect to the guild, it's their shit)
    Last edited by cocacolawheresthesoda; 2017-05-17 at 06:32 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Scherwin View Post
    In all fairness

its now

Method
    Limit
    Prestige Gaming
    FatSharkYes (4 days?)

left from top 10

I kinda get when people talked about two horse race between method/serenity even after EN, because russian guilds are not seen as much due to language barrier on streams and such, but listing a world 6 Russian guild (Prestige) while leaving out Exorsus... you ok?

I used to raid for a top20 guild and I never understood the benefit of going for the World First - yes, you get your 15 min of fame, you get maybe a sponsor or two, maybe you sell some boosts, maybe not.

But that is it - that is the peak, nothing follows because there is structure for nothing else afterwards. Compare it to a game like Dota 2 - the first player over 9000 MMR was Miracle, so he peaked out in the game. Then he immediately got picked up by OG, won multiple multi-million dollar tournaments, competed in a 20 million competition, etc. I am sure CSGO has a similar structure of players being picked up professionally. In Dota 2 all the power is in the players, in CSGO its all about organisations.

I would easily put the World First prep/race on par with the training/tournaments that exist in Dota 2/CSGO, but Blizzard has not been able to and/or is unwilling to do anything about it. And with Overwatch League starting, you know WoW both pve and pvp will only ever be for enjoyment. Yes, it is a game, but Warcraft, Starcraft, Dota, HS, OW - they all start out as games, but have the potential to become something bigger.

Quote Originally Posted by cocacolawheresthesoda View Post
    I feel bad for Slootbag, through his stream, you can see genuine interest in some viewers who care to interact. They're not even donators or subscribers.

He's also genuinely smart and can keep his head up, regardless of his feelings. Very fine guy.

Poor guy.

Why did Fragnance leave, after all? What actually set him and the group off?

(With all due respect to the guild, it's their shit)
    It didn't start with Fragnance. it started with Pottm quitting and like people said he was a key part to why Serenity could compete in the wf race at all. Basically captain left the ship and it began to sink, then the fotm guys quickly jumped and got rescued by a passing cruise ship. Rest of the guild are now paddeling in the ocean waiting to get rescued aswell. Some guys probably drowned, rip to those guys.
    Last edited by barackohmama; 2017-05-17 at 06:46 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Who?
    /10chars
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

It's a shame frag and all those other guys couldn't stay with serenity to finish what they started. Good players, no leadership qualities I guess.

Deleted
    Like many said in this thread. Players from top10 are really competitive people and they have to love this game, because there's really like no point to do it (no money, limited efame etc.). I never understood hardcore raiding, maybe back in wotlk when raid like Ulduar was designed with "hardcore" mechanics you were able to activate. But right now lfr-normal-heroic-mythic, and ofcourse don't forget about rng m+ runs. Its insane.

The truth of the matter is , a guild need a dedicated, strong leader.

Kuzman let go and was more taken by work. ppotm was a drama queen that rage quit.

Sco from Method has shown strong leadership, level headed decision making and steely resolution. Even when face with his ENTIRE roster leaving to serenity, he kept on and managed to rebuild fast and stay on top. You might hate him but I think the guy is THE reason Method is what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashix View Post
    Claims to be number 1 PvE guild in the world when they formed.

Never got a world first.
    They were quite close in NH which was also the most challenging one. Probably would have had a good opportunity in ToS if they kept on raiding.