Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I thought we are past the point when people thought the fatter the healthier ...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    I think you've completely misunderstood the point of 'fat-acceptance' and the healthy message that is being promoted by the HAEZ movement. HAEZ promotes the idea that you can be healthy at every size by adopting healthy behaviours, including physical exercise and dieting, but first and foremost HAEZ breeds a message of self-acceptance and respect. Respect is important regardless of size and body diversity should be accepted in society because people come in different shapes and sizes - there's no one size fits all. Thin obsession has results in body preoccupation, self-hatred, eating disorders and even ironically poor health... Few of us are at peace with our bodies, whether because we're fat or because we fear becoming fat. HAEZ shifts the focus in health management from weight loss to a weight-neutral approach in individuals thereby avoiding said issues and promoting a happier and healthier lifestyle.
    Being fat is unhealthy. Doesn't matter what you think.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Obese guy:

Let's now find someone who will dare say this to his face.
    Calling him obese is pants on head retarded, yes if you look at pure numbers he's "overweight" because he has considerably more muscle-mass than an average person his height. Doesn't make him obese

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    Just posting this before Tennisface wakes up.
    No you can be fat and fit, just to be clear here, fat means a bit overweight - Something you can be while fit, especially if we are talking about someone who is muscular.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Fun View Post
    Being fat is unhealthy. Doesn't matter what you think.
    I know this 'obese' woman who swims 2.5km every morning. Yes, you absolutely can be healthy at EVERY size. Weight is a poor indicator of someone's general well-being.

7+ Year Old Account
    I know this 'obese' woman who swims 2.5km every morning. Yes, you absolutely can be healthy at EVERY size. Weight is a poor indicator of someone's general well-being.
    I...

Fuck, I should have checked the name of the poster before replying.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Authary View Post
    It's also heavily photoshoped. Depending on the amount of croping, she might be obese.
    yeah, but her actual state doesn't matter, we are talking about the perceived image, a woman looking like that IRL, is not 'fat'.

What the fuck is a zize?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    You are a carbon copy of what you long so hard to fight in the streets. An extremist. Someone so desperate for strife to prove you are the ubermensch, err, Real American.

Alt lite. Sounds like you're having an alt fright. Unable to sleep at alt night. Maybe you should relax and fly an alt kite. Go down to the diner for an alt bite. You shouldn't be treating people with alt spite. Eventually, everything will be alt right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone who thinks that you can't be fat and fit has never played GTA San Andreas.

I'm sure it's possible to be slightly overweight while still being healthy.

It's just that the people who adamantly claim it, aren't.

Of all the people who tell me that BMI is useless because "it classes rugby players as obese", not one of them had the physique of a rugby player. More like the physique of a man who drives to work, sits down all day, drives home, sits on his sofa eating chips.

So overweight NFL Defensive players are unfit .. Yeah Right !

Deleted
    I think you've completely misunderstood the point of 'fat-acceptance' and the healthy message that is being promoted by the HAEZ movement. HAEZ promotes the idea that you can be healthy at every size by adopting healthy behaviours, including physical exercise and dieting, but first and foremost HAEZ breeds a message of self-acceptance and respect. Respect is important regardless of size and body diversity should be accepted in society because people come in different shapes and sizes - there's no one size fits all. Thin obsession has results in body preoccupation, self-hatred, eating disorders and even ironically poor health... Few of us are at peace with our bodies, whether because we're fat or because we fear becoming fat. HAEZ shifts the focus in health management from weight loss to a weight-neutral approach in individuals thereby avoiding said issues and promoting a happier and healthier lifestyle.
    Well no, you absolutely cannot be healthy at every size even if you track your macros and micros perfectly. The extra fat is a health hazard, no matter how healthy the food you eat is. This is a fact you can't get around; at certain bodyfat% it becomes a hazard to your health. NOT TO MENTION that 99.99999% of fatties do not eat nearly healthy, at all. All HAEZ movement achieves is delude themselves into thinking they're plenty healthy if they waste their money on "health products" while still remaining fat. Which is extremely counter productive. You talk as if you had to choose between eating healthy and not being fat. No, you do both of them. Doctors advice to do both of them, every professional on the field will tell you to do both. Eating shit food and being fat are both unhealthy, don't do either

Yes, self-respect is important. But anyone with self-respect wouldn't let themselves be fat. And I swear to god if you now link bodybuilders who're on a bulk or other athletes where they make the conscious decision to keep a high bf% for the sake of the sport I'll kick the first kitten I see

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Fun View Post
    I...

Fuck, I should have checked the name of the poster before replying.
    Have I won this thread already?

This was too easy.

Now time to go into the boomerang thread.

thank god its swimming, if she would be running, her joints would be fucked up in about 10 years. And what exactly do you define as 'obese'? What kind of height/weight we are talking about? btw please show me a 200 kg heavy person who is fit and healthy. Can't? then don't make claims you can't support.
    But you are right, weight is a poor factor with most persons. 70kg on a woman of about 1.65(or lets say man with 100, 1.8 ) can be considered fat by some people. thats not the problem. the problem are people which shoot over those limits. and there are enough. and there weight becomes a very good factor of general health. The only sport they can be doing is swimming because you don't really have to support your own bodymass. well and maybe biking.

Raise of hands, how many expected this to be a @Tennisace thread?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussiedude View Post

Linebackers are basically a sumo wrestler placed between the ball and the goal line.

I don't consider them fit either.

ask them to run 2 km when they are 50 and laugh. are they fit? maybe, are they healthy? nope.

The life expectancy of a football player is way lower than the general population. Moving those heavy bodies around does major joint damage and many of them are addicted to pain killers to deal with daily life.

Quote Originally Posted by Machine View Post
    Well no, you absolutely cannot be healthy at every size even if you track your macros and micros perfectly. The extra fat is a health hazard, no matter how healthy the food you eat is. This is a fact you can't get around; at certain bodyfat% it becomes a hazard to your health. NOT TO MENTION that 99.99999% of fatties do not eat nearly healthy, at all. All HAEZ movement achieves is delude themselves into thinking they're plenty healthy if they waste their money on "health products" while still remaining fat. Which is extremely counter productive. You talk as if you had to choose between eating healthy and not being fat. No, you do both of them. Doctors advice to do both of them, every professional on the field will tell you to do both. Eating shit food and being fat are both unhealthy, don't do either

Yes, self-respect is important. But anyone with self-respect wouldn't let themselves be fat. And I swear to god if you now link bodybuilders who're on a bulk or other athletes where they make the conscious decision to keep a high bf% for the sake of the sport I'll kick the first kitten I see
    You can absolutely be healthy at every size, that is, being healthy is not about your dress/jean size. HAEZ is a therapeutic and sustainable health approach that is much more healthier than yo-yo dieting and the unhappiness and self-hate that it leads to as well as the potential to spiral into an eating-disorder/mental health patient. HAEZ is a holistic approach that promotes the idea that you can adopt healthy lifestyle habits regardless of how much you weigh and just like you can be healthy and overweight. What do you call overweight people who exercise and diet in a bid to shed the pounds? Are they unhealthy? My answer: no.

HAEZ fulfills your social and emotional needs thereby restoring food to its rightful place as a source of nourishment and pleasure, and nothing more. Humans come in different shapes and sizes leading to body diversity in society no two people have the same body shape HAEZ uses this body shape spectrum and support others in recognizing their unique attractiveness. This approach does not focus on weight loss as the sole indicator of health or encourage self-destructive abandon in one’s eating. What I see is a weight-neutral approach and an opportunity to explore a more intuitive relationship with food, engaging in pleasant physical activity, and self/ size acceptance. It couldn't hurt!

Sumo Wrestler "Dump Truck" Konishiki.

Was 287kg , 632lbs and kicked butt in the Sumo ring

He is still alive and is 53 years old