Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Drtydeeds View Post
    I'm not sure why people are complaining about Carnage being the talent added on the Fury ring.

It will equate to more Enraged and Frothing Berserker uptime.

Sure we will still wait till we're at 100 to hit Rampage, but we'll be dropping down to 30 rage instead of 15. Which equates to getting back to 100 faster, all the better with Ceann-Ar Charger.

Will it come out ahead of other legendary items? I can't say right now, but it doesn't seem terrible as some of these initial reactions would suggest.
    -15 Rage cost on Rampage is not, I think, going to be worth a Legendary slot if you have other DPS leggos (especially if these tats on them are final). I might be very wrong, but I doubt it's going to be worth the while.

Plus, having Masscre would fix the worst part of Fury from a fun perspective, the lame Execute phase.

Quote Originally Posted by MithosX View Post
    When I got the Legendary Belt, I swapped to Booming Voice for Mythic+, so instead of Kakushan/Bracers I went Kakushan/Belt. However I find the Vengeance build very fun and didn't really like prot that much without vengeance, with this ring + belt I can do more damage while the playstyle remains the same

Btw ofc the stats are bugged
    Doesn't seem worth it to me. Dropping Kakushan's for the ring means less rage & less damage, the former probably single handedly outweighing the benefits of Vengeance outside of proc streaks, while also allowing you to play free from a somewhat set weave.

I'd rather go Kakushan's & Belt/Bracers with the Vengeance talent than go Belt/Ring with Booming Voice, and the former is probably what I will do on raid progress. Farm & M+ though will remain BV all the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    Doesn't seem worth it to me. Dropping Kakushan's for the ring means less rage & less damage, the former probably single handedly outweighing the benefits of Vengeance outside of proc streaks, while also allowing you to play free from a somewhat set weave.

I'd rather go Kakushan's & Belt/Bracers with the Vengeance talent than go Belt/Ring with Booming Voice, and the former is probably what I will do on raid progress. Farm & M+ though will remain BV all the way.
    I think you are overvaluing Kakushans, vengeance baseline reduces like 18 rage per 60 rage ip, booming voice will make up for the damage. The best thing about belt ring combo is it takes up no main piece items, so u can wear 6 tier pieces.

Man, I was praying for massacre to combo with FB. This was their chance to smooth out our execute phase, especially when we lose the T19 two set. I look at the Fury ring then look at the Ret one giving divine purpose, god damn it.
    I remember you... In the mountains

Deleted
    Because of the rings, I'm hoping they will allow us to equip a 3rd legendary.

Deleted
    I see everyone talking about Massacre and Carnage when we should actually be hoping that it's neither of those shitty talents, but something in the inner rage tier instead, because those talents are the real DPS makers.

I'll use myself as an example: I SIM 911k untalented in the Frothing tier and carnage is a 25k increase over untalented and Massacre is 37k. With the current stats on the ring neither of those talents wouldn't even be an upgrade over my 910 Gul'dan ring and I'm not even taking into account having to unequip one of my currently equipped legendaries. Only way this ring would be worth if it had either Frenzy, Inner rage or Bloodbath, as those talents are worth over a 100k each which would offset the amount of secondaries you'd lose switching out a 900+ ring and still provide enough additional dps to be able to compete with the other legendaries.

This is with current tier though, and things might change with Tomb, for example execute is fine with now, but massacre might be worth more when we lose T19. Carnage will also probably be more valuable as well due to lower enrage uptime with T20.
    Last edited by mmoc930b74716b; 2017-05-17 at 04:27 AM.

So it's Deadly Calm, Carnage and Vengeance for now. http://ptr.wowdb.com/items/151650-so...the-battlelord

The only one that is helpful here is Deadly Calm for Arms. The Vengeance is decent, but not really what is needed for Warrior's to be better with the legendary, we already generate enough Rage and spend it evenly.

Deleted
    i think the ring for fury will make up for the loss of t19 setbonus since we will have more uptime on enrage again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexxytraz View Post
    i think the ring for fury will make up for the loss of t19 setbonus since we will have more uptime on enrage again.
    But the stats are way too low.
    Compare this with Prydaz.
    Sure we get a talent, but that doesn't justify 3x267 secondary stats on 910.
    Prydaz had 872 on 3 stats and the socket aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by kaganpwnz View Post
    I think you are overvaluing Kakushans, vengeance baseline reduces like 18 rage per 60 rage ip, booming voice will make up for the damage. The best thing about belt ring combo is it takes up no main piece items, so u can wear 6 tier pieces.
    Each IP will cost 39 + 19.5 wthout procs, and to get a lot of use out of the talent, you're going to be pressing IP when not needed a lot it low pressure situations. For high pressure situations like progress, Vengeance becomes the default anyway, & Vengeance with Gloves/Bracers will give more rage than Booming Voice, and possibly more damage than it, too... Can't be bothered mathing it out, so I could be wrong on the latter.

Your point about the 6 tier pieces is interesting, though. Only tier pieces I've seen nerfed so far are the DPS & Healer ones, so assuming our T19 stays the same, & we get two good pieces before ToS comes out, we could go 2-4 with Belt/Bracers/Ring. That would indeed be interesting.

Edit: Thought of a better way to word my opinions...

It's not just a choice between Kakushan's & Vengeance, but instead Kakushan's & all the talents in that tier. Defensively, picking Vengeance, is Kakushan's paired with the Bracers going to offer more defensive value than the ring when specced for BV? Most likely.

Offensively, picking Booming Voice, is picking Kakushan's paired with anything going to offer more value than the ring? No doubt, as Vengeance loses value when you're in a position to not have to weave as much.

There might be a mid point where the ring finds some value, but meh, I don't see it.
    Last edited by Toybox; 2017-05-17 at 12:04 PM.

Carnage makes waiting for 100 rage for FB really suck. How are people excited to have to wait to 100 after hitting 85 and being able to rampage? Just bottlenecks the rotation as a whole. I think if anything it pushes you toward massacre.. but as other folks said the stats are baaaaad.

Deleted
    Don't forget these rings were datamined so anything is subject to change at this point. We still have a long while until this patch hits so I'm optimistic they will listen to our feedback and change them a bit.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roiids View Post
    Carnage makes waiting for 100 rage for FB really suck. How are people excited to have to wait to 100 after hitting 85 and being able to rampage? Just bottlenecks the rotation as a whole. I think if anything it pushes you toward massacre.. but as other folks said the stats are baaaaad.
    It's not going to be any different than waiting for 100 rage now. It's just that we'll spend less time between Rampages because we'll be draining less rage because of Carnage. The only change it would make is that our Rampage will start glowing earlier than usual but it doesn't change anything.

As of this moment we can already Rampage at 85 rage but we hold it until 100 rage for the buff. After hitting Rampage we are left with 15 rage (23 rage with helm) to begin building for the next Rampage. With the ring, we'll be doing exactly the same (as long as Frothing remains the best talent which is should unless something changes) only once we Rampage at 100 rage for the buff we'll be left with 30 rage (38 with the helm) which will give us a jump start at getting to the next Rampage quicker which helps make up for the lost Enrage time from losing T19 4pc.
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |

Quote Originally Posted by Arbiter View Post
    It's not going to be any different than waiting for 100 rage now. It's just that we'll spend less time between Rampages because we'll be draining less rage because of Carnage. The only change it would make is that our Rampage will start glowing earlier than usual but it doesn't change anything.

As of this moment we can already Rampage at 85 rage but we hold it until 100 rage for the buff. After hitting Rampage we are left with 15 rage (23 rage with helm) to begin building for the next Rampage. With the ring, we'll be doing exactly the same (as long as Frothing remains the best talent which is should unless something changes) only once we Rampage at 100 rage for the buff we'll be left with 30 rage (38 with the helm) which will give us a jump start at getting to the next Rampage quicker which helps make up for the lost Enrage time from losing T19 4pc.
    Yeah I read the talent wrong. Was thinking it only let you use it earlier and not cost less as it says.

Deleted
    So much feelcraft (for fury warriors) in here. It has already been said, Carnage helps with getting to 100 rage faster, thus buffing FB uptime.
    Massacre on the other hand is only useful sub 20%, unless you have the other ring, which you probably wont wear because hat and cloak are "better".

Quote Originally Posted by def1nity View Post
    Don't forget these rings were datamined so anything is subject to change at this point. We still have a long while until this patch hits so I'm optimistic they will listen to our feedback and change them a bit.
    anything you see blizzard put on ptr should be assumed to be final changes given how 99% of the time stuff never changes and if it changes it changes for the worse.

so we will have our worst execute phase since legion launch?

I thought Carnage would be very good but actualy I forgot that we don't use Rampage during execute phase. So both frothing berserker and carnage are only usefull at 20%+ .
    Taking massacre doesn't make sense because
    A. Massacre is only usefull with ayala ring . but if we use Ayala's then we can't use the helm(because new ring is also a legendary) which is too good to drop.
    B. The best thing about Carnage is to increase FB uptime.

So i guess people will just not use this ring for Fury.

But Arms one seems to be very good. Deadly Calm and Titanic Might together can solve the rage starving problem of the new Arms.

Quote Originally Posted by Apart View Post
    So it's Deadly Calm, Carnage and Vengeance for now.

The only one that is helpful here is Deadly Calm for Arms. The Vengeance is decent, but not really what is needed for Warrior's to be better with the legendary, we already generate enough Rage and spend it evenly.
    "The only one that is helpful here is Deadly Calm for Arms", I dont think so...
    Deadly calm is useless if you are using t20, because you'll use battlecry with bladestorm.

Maybe in the next patch (7.3+) it'll be a good legendary.

Quote Originally Posted by gingolino View Post
    "The only one that is helpful here is Deadly Calm for Arms", I dont think so...
    Deadly calm is useless if you are using t20, because you'll use battlecry with bladestorm.

Maybe in the next patch (7.3+) it'll be a good legendary.
    It's not useless, because you're quite likely to use Ravager. Ravager only gets 4 MS vs 6 with Bladestorm, but Ravager is on a 1min cooldown vs 1m30s Bladestorm and while Ravager is up you can continue to cast, which means stacking Executioners Precision during execute (which will buff and be consumed by Ravager MS casts) and also allows the use of Draught of Souls, which is still a very strong trinket on single target.

That said the ring isn't very good for Arms since it means losing a shitload of stats and also giving up another legendary item, and both the Ring(execute)/Gloves are much stronger in T20 due to the increased value of rage (while using FR), while the legs are effectively a necessity on multi target.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2017-05-17 at 05:35 PM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4