Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post

Or you can buy it with in game currency or have it gifted to you, yep Rift is the only MMO out there that offers a level boost pack, no other MMO does it, oh wait, what MMO does this website primarily focuses on again?

I wonder what Slipmat will say about the lack of challenging, fresh content in Rift. Who the fuck even knows who is designing dungeon/raid content now; it's definitely not their full-time job.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahovv View Post
    I wonder what Slipmat will say about the lack of challenging, fresh content in Rift. Who the fuck even knows who is designing dungeon/raid content now; it's definitely not their full-time job.
    Why do you even care? still bleating on about a game you stopped playing years ago.

To be fair, it is stupid to level from 1 to 65(100) if you can buy the boost.

However, WoW always nerf the XP for the previous expansion.

For example, Time Island helps to level from 85 to 90.
    There is a special event during Warlords of Draenor.

It is always less than 1 hour per level.

7+ Year Old Account
    Why do you even care? still bleating on about a game you stopped playing years ago.
    I wonder why I stopped playing. I wonder if there's a connection.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahovv View Post
    Actually, just the Karazhan dungeon revamp has more content and bosses (and greater difficulty and options) than ALL the so-called end-game content in RIFT at the moment and more assets were changed in the Karazhan re-vamp than all of RIFT's new upscaled raid.

Karazhan was one of the reasons I bought Legion. Was so nice to see the changes.
    Last edited by theWocky; 2017-05-17 at 05:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by theWocky View Post
    Karazhan was one of the reasons I bought Legion. Was so nice to see the changes.
    Is there a quest/reward for heroic version of Karazhan via LFD?
    Should I run it just for fun?

The problem with F2P is that it attracts poor people who cannot afford $20.
    I learned that Rift suddenly stopped people to trade void stone for earring slots.

This is really sad. People saved void stones for 6 weeks and got nothing.

On one hand, a sub pays $180 a year. These people are willing to pay $20 for a mount and $10 for a pet.
    On another hand, someone cannot afford $20 for an essential earring slot.

Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    The problem with F2P is that it attracts poor people who cannot afford $20.
    It also attracts whales who spend thousands and more. F2P is designed around a mixture of both free and paying players, with the majority playing entirely for free.

I learned that Rift suddenly stopped people to trade void stone for earring slots.
    They realized how terrible of a monetization decision that was and backpedaled now that they have a proper paid expansion as the "pain point" to try to get folks to spend money on.

This is really sad. People saved void stones for 6 weeks and got nothing.
    They got the unlock early, or they now get to spend it on whatever else they want.

On one hand, a sub pays $180 a year. These people are willing to pay $20 for a mount and $10 for a pet.
    On another hand, someone cannot afford $20 for an essential earring slot.
    Not necessarily. Spending on a sub doesn't always mean that they'll spend in the cash shop. Some folks do, but others consider their sub to be enough financial support.

man you're a real soldier aren't you i bet you bleed rift.....your going to defend the dead horse till the very end aren't you? lol

Quote Originally Posted by lokoma View Post
    man you're a real soldier aren't you i bet you bleed rift.....your going to defend the dead horse till the very end aren't you? lol
    Yes, he will continue to defend it, with false information. Even when given links to where the devs said the opposite of what he said, he will ignore that. He will sit there and say that the solution to a slow grind from 60-65 is to do daily quests you can't unlock until you've cleared the first 65+ zone and when called out on it, ignore some more. Facts and what devs asy can not even get in his way. He will continue to blindly defend the game until they pull the plug.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did you also 'learn' that earring slots were opened to everyone weeks ago?

Did you also 'learn' that earring slots were opened to everyone weeks ago?
    And how long were they behind a P2W wall for again?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lythelia View Post
    how long were they behind a P2W wall for again?
    Never? seeing as you could have bought them with in game currency converted to REX, but of course today's ADHD "gamers" cried about having to unlock a gear slot after getting the entire Expansion for free, priceless.

Never? seeing as you could have bought them with in game currency converted to REX, but of course today's ADHD "gamers" cried about having to unlock a gear slot after getting the entire Expansion for free, priceless.
    Although the chance is high that he is just a troll than work for Rift, Rift developers think like him.

The developers don't understand that people don't enjoy leveling and questing.
    They are interesting in dungeons and raid.
    Missing an earring prevents people to join a competitive end game content.

There are plenty of "free" MMORPGs that you can level and questing.
    If they cannot gain end game gear, the game is just a demo or trial.

Although the chance is high that he is just a troll than work for Rift, Rift developers think like him.

The developers don't understand that people don't enjoy leveling and questing.
    They are interesting in dungeons and raid.
    Missing an earring prevents people to join a competitive end game content.

There are plenty of "free" MMORPGs that you can level and questing.
    If they cannot gain end game gear, the game is just a demo or trial.
    No, he doesn't think like the devs. He thinks the exact opposite of them and has contradicted them on more than one occasion. Like right here. He thinks it was OK to charge for earring slots because the expansion was free. The devs OBVIOUSLY disagree with that because they made earring slots free and charged for the next expansion. They get that they screwed up, at least sometimes. He is sitting there and defending a mistake they made that they have since rectified instead of going, "Yeah, the earrings were screwed up for a time, it's fixed now though," like the devs did, he STILL harps on about how great it was. I seriously can't believe anyone takes him seriously anymore at all. I know no one around here does, but pretty sure people over on the rift forums still do.

"People didn't want to grind for weeks on end so it's their fault Rift was seen P2W!" Nice argument, I mean what was it, a 6 week grind to get them because a weekly cap? That definitely wasn't an attempt to push players into buying player power. Good luck staying in a progression guild without two of your armor slots being usable.

Quote Originally Posted by Lythelia View Post
    I mean what was it, a 6 week grind to get them because a weekly cap?
    There is no way for me to grind for 6 weeks.
    I would not do it even for $100 or $200!

The sad part is that lots of kids are doing that.
    Rift gets upset !

These kids are not gonna pay no matter what.
    Just let them play. The bandwidth costs very little.

SWTOR and WoW clearly have lots of rich people.

At one point, a guy puts hundreds of SWTOR's weekly pass on AH for very little in-game currency.
    He just gives away.
    (This guy is gone now.)
    Last edited by xenogear3; 2017-05-19 at 01:45 AM.

Always got to deflect and make insulting comments when proven wrong about Rift don't you..
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Always got to deflect and make insulting comments when proven wrong about Rift don't you..
    Show me where i mentioned anybody specifically by name? take your time now...

lul rift was a nice game but the devs did shit... now the are money hungry no thanks keep your free expansion... i had a lot of fun on rift but no sorry you killed it

Show me where i mentioned anybody specifically by name? take your time now...
    What, "ADHD gamers" wasn't good enough?