Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The option will be in the blizzard store. $40 to unlock a 3rd artifact for a character, $200 to unlock for entire account.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

You only have one head, why do you need more legendary caps ?

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoroknash View Post
    Hey all,

I was wondering if Blizzard is going to increase the legendary cap to 3 items equipped with the upcoming legendary changes and additions. We have a shitton of legendaries now and with the ring coming up, which looks amazing to me, I can't seem to help that a lot of players might have to replace a BiS for the ring, which is kinda sad..

I wonder what your opinion on this is.
    If the ring replaces a BiS, it means the ring is BiS and not the item it replaces anymore.

If they were gonna do that they would have said it already, the patch is too far along for this to change now. However, I expect that we will get a cap of 3 legendary somewhere down the road, maybe with Argus.

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    The option will be in the blizzard store. $40 to unlock a 3rd artifact for a character, $200 to unlock for entire account.
    if wow was black desert p2w online i might agree but they have yet to pull something like that. I can't see blizzard locking progression elements behind paywalls, i mean again this is blizzard not trion or pearl abyss. if we get the ability to equip a 3rd legendary it will most likely be a class hall unlock, for order resources, not a store bought unlock for real money.

Quote Originally Posted by Drujitsu View Post
    This is unfortunately not true. I play every day and only have 2 on each toon (across 3 toons)
    It doesn't really matter how much you play it's all about what content you do.

Legendaries are more like talents. We don't get to pick more than 1 talent per row, just like we don't get to equip more than 2 legendaries per character.

Quote Originally Posted by Heathy View Post
    if wow was black desert p2w online i might agree but they have yet to pull something like that. I can't see blizzard locking progression elements behind paywalls, i mean again this is blizzard not trion or pearl abyss. if we get the ability to equip a 3rd legendary it will most likely be a class hall unlock, for order resources, not a store bought unlock for real money.
    And if they offer "earrings" slot with stats like Trion? lol When it happens, oh i bet they really, reallllly go for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

Quote Originally Posted by gushDH View Post
    Legendaries are more like talents. We don't get to pick more than 1 talent per row, just like we don't get to equip more than 2 legendaries per character.
    Ahem... checked out new rings? with one you can choose 1 more talent in same line
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Now instead of being pissed off at four people at a time, I can be pissed off at TWENTY FOUR people at a time. That's called efficiency, my little enchiladas.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    And it is also fairly reasonable to believe that together with the ring it also increases your cap to 3, so they can dodge the whole balancing issue.
    that's a bit like saying "Governments should get rid of speed limits on roads to dodge the whole accident issue"

I'm sure they will increase the cap eventually. Might be a year from now though. Worse case scenario they do it in the prepatch of next expansion, no reason not to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by manboiler View Post
    I thought they were aiming for an increased cap to 3 for 7.3
    I hope they increase BY 3, not TO 3...
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarlol View Post
    Anyone who has been playing Legion for at least a couple of months should have 3 or more legendaries, even at a casual level of play.
    With the amount of legendaries in game from 7.2.5 onward it would be silly to limit players to just two. I guess at least for 7.3 they should consider the idea of having players equip 3 legendaries, especially if they keep adding more with every new patch.
    On my Retribution Paladin I have utility boots, BIS Protection Ring and a BIS Holy Legendary, just because people may have more than one it doesn't mean they are usable.

Edit
    I only change loot spec for world bosses that provide nothing for Retribution.

They said that they might think about it for 7.3 in increasing the cap. I honestly can't see the problem since I agree, some legys are relevant compared to others but in doing so, I'm getting into a set diversity where I will pick some and mix them depending on the boss. Even using some that's more akin to the odd PvP I dabble in.
    I don't get the unwillingness to experiment and change, it's a playing ethos that went back as far as Vanilla when you had resistances and even some tanks today will mix their gear to deal with things like more HP, Versa or Dps dependant on boss.
    Not cool to have decent items languishing because simply others are overtuned at the time so having a 3rd slot will remove at least 1 in your bank decaying lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by phillu View Post
    On my Retribution Paladin I have utility boots, BIS Protection Ring and a BIS Holy Legendary, just because people may have more than one it doesn't mean they are usable.

Edit
    I only change loot spec for world bosses that provide nothing for Retribution.
    Well the new bosses can provide items for Retribution. It is my offspec but at the end I still raid enough to supplement it now to my offspec since my main spec is done but having a free 900 item off a world boss isn't bad. Apocron drops a Haste/Versatility ring, Malificus drops Crit/Haste helm and Holy relic, there's more but can't remember. Not sure what you're suggesting unless you mean the older World Bosses.

For a long time I used my Holy legy ring on my offspec since it's stats were silly but then got a 905 ring off of Apocron that simply out placed as I received 2 midrange stats compared to 1 extremely good stat and the other being the least enjoyed by Retribution.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascius View Post
    Ahem... checked out new rings? with one you can choose 1 more talent in same line
    And that's one of the choices you may have from the legendaries. Still you are limited because you lose the effect of another legendary in order to get that one.

15+ Year Old Account
    Im guessing we might be able to use 3 at start of Argus raid or later in argus raid as an way to nerf the raid
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Seems more like the devs are aiming this expansion to be diablo 4: Legion with restrictions

no it just widen the already to large gap between those that have BiS and those that don't.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Deleted
    I really dont see us using 3 legendaries till the "Everything is seen and done so there you got valor upgrades to have something to do this empty months" patch on 2018.

For those saying hard to balance, why not separate the legendaries into categories such as throughput and utility (throughput being DPS, healing, and tank specific legendaries). Have the overall legendaries cap be 3, but no more than 2 throughput legendaries.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ascius View Post
    The qoute said it was similar to picking two talents, but instead of talents we have items. Didn't say you couldn't pick two talents. Read the first sentence of the quote again.