Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    I have to mention Phantasy Star 4. It was also awesome. Shining force series are also great.
    Seeing this much "man of culture" made me happy by the way.

-UPDATE!

God how can I forget Langrisser I and II. II never made it to USA but there is a full fan translation. You can find easily.
    Last edited by Gref; 2017-05-17 at 03:31 AM.

Kotor's Series, Golden Sun's Series, Tales Series, Last Story from Game Cube...

Deleted
    Spellforce series.

I think they're creating a new one too.

7+ Year Old Account
    Morrowind without a doubt!
    That's where it all started for me
    "I don't contemplate, I meditate, then off your fucking head" -Kendrick Lamar
    "If you have no sauce, then you're lost. But, you can also get lost in the sauce."-Gucci Mane
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"-Colonel Sanders

Shining Force II, Phantasy Star I-IV, Grandia I-II & Skies of Arcadia
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    An alcoholic fighting his addiction is fighting a jihad.

Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post
    I've been in sort of a gaming slump lately and was thinking of older RPGs I enjoy playing that could get me in the groove again. I am leaving Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest games off the list because I have played them to death. This (and your contributions) is a short list of games that I have been thinking of jump starting my love of games again.

Reckoning: Kingdoms of Amalur (PS3)
    Wild Arms (PS1)
    Legend of Legaia (PS1)
    Phantasy Star IV (Genesis/PS3)
    Witcher 3 (PC, don't have but have been thinking of getting)

Any other (old) RPGs you recommend?
    OP starts a thread about 'Old RPGs you like', puts Witcher 3, a no less than 2 years old in the game in the list lmao.

If that's how it is, then games like Dragon Age and Mass Effect are some of the rpgs I loved. I also really like Dark Souls. Lord of the Rings: The third age and SWKOTOR are some of my favs too. And ofc, pokemon. Its an RPG game. Leveling, collecting, skills, turn based combat. It has it all but gearing.

Quote Originally Posted by Gattsu125 View Post
    Xenosaga (1 & 3). 1 was pretty good, but the mechs were kind of mandatory and felt overpowered. Still an enjoyable combat system (turn based, but you hold...charges or combo points or something of the sort for powerful attacks). 3 just enhances everything and makes everything feel better (in my opinion). The second game I feel sucks and should be ignored forever.
    What makes 2 so bad?

10+ Year Old Account
    Suikoden and Suikoden 2 are the best RPGS Ive ever played.

I also liked everything from Squaresoft before they were Square Enix. Secret of Mana multiplayer was ground breaking.

Quote Originally Posted by Valaut View Post
    OP starts a thread about 'Old RPGs you like', puts Witcher 3, a no less than 2 years old in the game in the list lmao.

If that's how it is, then games like Dragon Age and Mass Effect are some of the rpgs I loved. I also really like Dark Souls. Lord of the Rings: The third age and SWKOTOR are some of my favs too. And ofc, pokemon. Its an RPG game. Leveling, collecting, skills, turn based combat. It has it all but gearing.
    I posted this earlier when someone brought up the same point but I guessed you missed it.

"I should have clarified that. I am very interested in playing the Witcher 3 (probably be the next game I buy) as I've only heard great things about it. But I cannot justify spending the money on a new game at this time when I have had trouble getting motivated to play the dozens of games I already own."

some of the old games i played and finished multiple times:

bard's tale 1,2,3
    phantasie 3
    lufia 2
    might and magic 3,4,5
    gold box ad&d games
    final fantasy 4,5

others that are just great
    morrowind
    planescape
    icewind dale etc

others that i played but never finished for one reason or another
    summoning
    technomage
    neverwinter nights (original ones)
    ocarina of time
    wizardry 7,8

The first Fable game.

Deleted
    Phantasy Stars were mentioned, but without reference, so here goes;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwxKHST_I68
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVCDO2khgfY

Phantasy Star III is honestly one of the best.

Might and Magic 8. I still play it sometimes for nostalgia.

I guess Runescape may apply (Depends if you consider it a RPG or MMO, kinda falls in-between), especially for a flash game for it's time during 2001-2007 before it went to shit.

Arx Fatalis was also a good old RPG, 2002-ish i think.

Divinity Original Sin series also good if including newer games.