Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Amerrol View Post
    It's Brazilians in general. Utter trash at any game they touch. Has to be something in the water there.
    Add the french from EU realms. Consistently bad and most of them either don't know or refuse to use english. Merde on your stubborness to talk english then, and get da boot in your arse from my group.
    Also, interesting enough, at work, our client (read: big company) is a french one. And God may have mercy on our souls when we have to decipher what they want to say.
    Infracted
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2017-05-18 at 05:59 AM.

Deleted
    nemesis
    c'thun
    pozzodellaeternita
    azjol nerub
    drak'thul

you're welcome

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vynx View Post
    Add the french from EU realms. Consistently bad and most of them either don't know or refuse to use english. Merde on your stubborness to talk english then, and get da boot in your arse from my group.
    Also, interesting enough, at work, our client (read: big company) is a french one. And God may have mercy on our souls when we have to decipher what they want to say.
    Depends on the servers imho (I'm french myself). Normally you don't have problems with people coming from the biggest servers (Hyjal, Sargeras, Ysondre). But if you play with people from the smallest servers - culte de la rive noire- or pvp servers like Archimonde, well...I already have been called a "Hyjal asshole" by a French because I refused to dps stuff people were bodypulling like retards in a heroic dungeon, while I was doing 40% of the dps.

However, generally speaking, I prefer playing with people from the biggest english servers rather than french people. Because we can be rude for no fucking reason. Same goes for League of Legends.
    Last edited by mmoc8d916160dc; 2017-05-17 at 05:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Elodeon View Post
    There are realms intended specifically for players that speak certain languages.

These are mostly players that don't play the English version of WoW.

If you choose a Spanish or Portuguese version of the game, over the English version of the game, it suggests your English skills are limited.

If you prefer to play on a realm with Spanish or Portuguese speakers, instead of English speakers, it suggests your English skills are limited.

If your English skills are limited, what game resources do you have access to?

What guides do you have access to?

What community do you have access to, that helps you be better at the game?

The people who care about performing well will gravitate to the language that helps them perform better.

These realms you speak of therefore contain a self-selected population of people who care about the comfort of a particular language environment, more than they care about performing well in the game.
    lol what?, language have never been a barrier for an online game, especially english since it is so easy to learn, now if we are talking about those chinese and korean games, true. Youll be surprised on how many of us from latinamerican servers can actually understand english, unfortunately there is the same amount of xenophobic population on wow, especially on bgs lol

Great thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthias View Post
    Can someone explain why players from Rag and Azralon tend to be so bad? I mean I used to play on Gurubashi, which was notorious for it's dense Brazilian population, but I assumed the issue with their performance was the language barrier. But even if I'm in a group and there all speaking the same language they tend to suck.
    It's due to the language barrier, but not in-game. It's the language barrier in regards to the community and resources. Imagine you played WoW, but all the theorycrafters and best forums and best websites for information about the game and playing your class properly were all written in Russian. If you wanted to get better at the game, what would you do? Where would you go? I'm sure there's a viable answer like befriending someone that is fluent in both languages and can translate for you or something along those lines. But that also takes ALOT of extra effort, which most people may not be willing to put into something that's just a game.

I'm sure its not the only reason but it does make alot of sense. A decent amount of the spanish community is "bad" at the game because they don't have the indepth knowledge of the English language to read guides and access the available resources.

There are plenty of times i will browse through Warcraftlogs for information and the top DPS on something is a Korean or a russian player and i go "well shit...guess i'll try and find another log". Sure you can look at the log and maybe get a small amount of information from the pictures and the general knowledge you have about how Warcraftlogs displays information, but you can't really get too in depth when you can't understand a single word on the page.
    Last edited by Skyepic; 2017-05-17 at 05:02 PM.

Fun fact OP - half of all WoW players are below average.

What can be done about it ?

Nothing .. it is just maths.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Maybe it is you are bad at wow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Banard View Post
    leave those people on Gallywix alone......

but in all honesty certain servers have a large % of "new players"...so every time you see the server think "ohh look that is me from 5 years ago...."
    try 13 years, but yews in essence, there will be servers with a higher than average population of "bad" players due to being recommended for new players to choose when they make a character, and some have stereotypes due to the region they are based in for example russians being universally bad and many people avoiding them when forming groups, due to the perceived notion that many russians are bad therefore this one applying must be also, so there's cultural reasons as well, it's more than just one reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Grosfaisan View Post
    Depends on the servers imho (I'm french myself)... we can be rude for no fucking reason...
    I am just curious why is this a thing? Is it a form of National pride to be snooty?

I visited France once... I walked the Normandy and Omaha Beaches... I stood in awe at the attention of detail given the grounds of the American Cemetery. There was a sense of reverent silence. Then I went to Paris... and was treated... poorly. Thought it was a one off... but that assertion was hammered home before I left. So I am left wondering... why?

inb4 a mod locks this for being racist even though Brazilian and Latin America players are dogshit

as bad as they are now they were far worse in MoP
    Infracted
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2017-05-18 at 06:01 AM. Reason: I meant Latin America not Oceanic

10+ Year Old Account
    I think I've played with one decent player from Ragnaros...ever. Everyone else was absolutely awful beyond belief. It's a running meme at this point between everyone in the wow community how bad the entire ragnaros server is, so I'd say yes. Logic says no, but Ragnaros says fuck yeah.

Latin America has 3 servers. Ragnaros is in fact the top 1, they kill guldan mytych like 4 weeks before Quelthalas (the second biggest server) and in general had a better progression. My theory is a lot of stupid kids or adults pick Ragnaros because is a PvP serve and they think is more "hardcore" and they always brag about that and had bad behaviorm and of corse like always in very game most of the people that think they are hardcore players, the just suck.

There are definitely about a dozen or so servers that generally contain players well below the average.

All of them in my experience are either RP or spanish speaking servers.
    Last edited by Maquegyver; 2017-05-17 at 05:21 PM.

I remember back in BC/Wrath, if you ran into a premade battleground, you'd lose 90% of the time. The last 10% was guaranteed to be a Warsong premade. It was pretty much a guaranteed win. Warsong was indeed that bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Brazilians can be pretty bad, but Ragnaros and Quel'talas (non-brazilian latin americans) are far worse in my experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Yizu View Post
    is it ragnaros
    lol /thread

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalium View Post
    I am just curious why is this a thing? Is it a form of National pride to be snooty?

I visited France once... I walked the Normandy and Omaha Beaches... I stood in awe at the attention of detail given the grounds of the American Cemetery. There was a sense of reverent silence. Then I went to Paris... and was treated... poorly. Thought it was a one off... but that assertion was hammered home before I left. So I am left wondering... why?
    Maybe because we are a bunch of assholes hating each other and the world and thinking we are better than the rest of the world.

I've played with people from Rag, Quel'talas and Azralon. I've been pretty lucky most of the time, but people from Rag tend just to fuck up for fun or honestly just don't know how to play.

Deleted
    "Can an entire server be bad at wow? ".

No, only you.