Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramz View Post
    And I'm kinda hoping this will be mentioned in the newest book, the PoV of trolls, how they were forced again to battle with elves because they never have enough. Because I'm tired of this narration that heroic humans and elves were fighting evil trolls, where trolls were just living in their own land and all their "evil doing" was protecting their home from invadors.
    Because primitive cannibals are so virtuous...

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    No, there was no reason to keep any elf in that destroyed land. Arthas and his Scourge wiped out with ease 90% of their population, their well was destroyed, Garithos made them loose even more, Another elven group was butchered again by Arthas in Northend ....and Kael'Thas was meant to take them all to Outland.
    except for the elves that called that place their home, or the elves too weak to move.

They were meant to be gone. And so was Sunwell.

the sunwell was gone, blood of the highborne showed us that there were still elves there.

And in that comic the same elves that couldn't stand up to Scourge, and HAD TO have alliance with Humans to fight trolls(because according to Chronicles trolls were butchering them like calves), managed to defend themselves from Amani. And all because incredibly conveninent timing apprently
    You don't honestly think the Amani were the same strength as they used to be?

Not only Sunwell was not gone for good but somehow it got transfomed to living humanoid in which dragon fell in love with.

It's essences was manipulated by Krasus and then it basically became self aware, but it didn't do it by itself.

Sorry but that is just BS story to me, and still is. I'm kinda surprised no other people see issues with it too.

well you're missing several key things here. The Amani were beyond butchered by the elves and humans of the past, it wasn't really till they started messing with Wild Gods that they became the severe threat where both factions started sending people in. once they started draining magic, they had enough strength to start repealing the already weakened trolls again.

And lastly that was never elven land to begin with, it was troll land, Trolls had a deal with Azshara and her highborn, and highborn broke the deal. They had no rights to this land.
    If people actually ever listened to stuff like that all land would be troll land. Might equals right when it comes to land.

And I'm kinda hoping this will be mentioned in the newest book, the PoV of trolls, how they were forced again to battle with elves because they never have enough. Because I'm tired of this narration that heroic humans and elves were fighting evil trolls, where trolls were just living in their own land and all their "evil doing" was protecting their home from invadors.
    Many of the elves were never shown as Heroic, Rommath enjoyed burning trolls slowly from the inside iirc, and Haulduron liked taking their eyes.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    We are? What will the next expansion be? Have I missed an announcement?
    You are reading his sentence wrong. It's a comparison and timetable tied to where we were with WoD when the Illidan novel was released.
    Also, you're the one posting leaks about it. Wouldn't this help confirm part of your idea for trolls to be involved?... Unless you're saying that leak wasn't real after all.

Either way, Happy to get some background on the Troll Wars. Going to be fun, I think, considering I enjoy the author very much.

They shoul be killed on spot fir trying to approach them. :/ To this day I believe Silvermoon shoul've fall the moment Arthas came it was perfect time for Amani to get back their rightful land but the plot armor used to keep it was astonishing.
    They tried but kael'thas lor'themar lady liadrin and rommath defeated them in queldanas.
    Revantusk are not amani, their objective is to claim "their land" (hinterlands/Jintha'Alor)

- - - Updated - - -

No, there was no reason to keep any elf in that destroyed land. Arthas and his Scourge wiped out with ease 90% of their population, their well was destroyed, Garithos made them loose even more, Another elven group was butchered again by Arthas in Northend ....and Kael'Thas was meant to take them all to Outland.

They were meant to be gone. And so was Sunwell.

And in that comic the same elves that couldn't stand up to Scourge, and HAD TO have alliance with Humans to fight trolls(because according to Chronicles trolls were butchering them like calves), managed to defend themselves from Amani. And all because incredibly conveninent timing apprently

Not only Sunwell was not gone for good but somehow it got transfomed to living humanoid in which dragon fell in love with.

Sorry but that is just BS story to me, and still is. I'm kinda surprised no other people see issues with it too.

And lastly that was never elven land to begin with, it was troll land, Trolls had a deal with Azshara and her highborn, and highborn broke the deal. They had no rights to this land.

was the land of N'zoth and the black empire!!!! The whole planet belongs to the old gods and their servants by the logic that you use

And much of the Amani empire was land of the kaldorei empire

And after the humans conquered almost everything

The trolls lost a stupid war, they only had to have peaceful relations with their neighbors and they would have been the greater empire of the Eastern Kingdoms

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Because primitive cannibals are so virtuous...
    They saved the world from Azj'Aquir invasion, defeated C'traxxi general, and in case of Drakkari they were resisting Scourge (in fact they were they only "kingdom" that actually was successful in resistance, until Drakkuru happened). Just because they have different customs doesn't mean they're evil to the root. Ironically the biggest world disasterts are caused by "oh so noble" elves and humans.

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    You don't honestly think the Amani were the same strength as they used to be?
    They were still stronger than elves at that period.

It's essences was manipulated by Krasus and then it basically became self aware, but it didn't do it by itself.
    I don't dig into details entire build-up was ridiculous imo. The fact that this "essence" still existed after Wc3 events was a BS move to reverse belven lore and undo what made them different to default elf fantasy. So mana addict that can't survive without feeding on something magical.
    The Amani were beyond butchered by the elves and humans of the past,
    And you're missing the point that Trolls are able to reproduce, Scourge didn't bothered with them. Belves resisting both Scourge AND trolls at the same time while previously they were incapable of doing so is a lorelol. Similar to "Draenor is free" and "Spirits said so".

If people actually ever listened to stuff like that all land would be troll land. Might equals right when it comes to land.
    Not really, if you watched closely on the Maps publiched in Chronicles Kalimdor still offered plenty of space for another species. But that changed since elves came to be and decided to invade trolls for reasons, while they could've easily coexist. The hatered to other spiecies came because each "new" race was after troll lands. Trolls never started the conflicts. Hell even recent Lore with Gurubashi raiding Stormwind was caused by humans pushing forward to STV.

Many of the elves were never shown as Heroic, Rommath enjoyed burning trolls slowly from the inside iirc, and Haulduron liked taking their eyes.
    Oh, I know they were never heroic. I actually have quite opposite opinion about them ( but you're probably quite aware of it).
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

10+ Year Old Account
    And you're missing the point that Trolls are able to reproduce, Scourge didn't bothered with them. Belves resisting both Scourge AND trolls at the same time while previously they were incapable of doing so is a lorelol. Similar to "Draenor is free" and "Spirits said so"
    Probably because lore didn't show Scourge messing with Trolls. It's very obivous the Scourge would fuck them up if they really wanted to.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    They tried but kael'thas lor'themar lady liadrin and rommath defeated them in queldanas.
    Revantusk are not amani, their objective is to claim "their land" (hinterlands/Jintha'Alor)

- - - Updated - - -

was the land of N'zoth and the black empire!!!! The whole planet belongs to the old gods and their servants by the logic that you use

And much of the Amani empire was land of the kaldorei empire

And after the humans conquered almost everything

The trolls lost a stupid war, they only had to have peaceful relations with their neighbors and they would have been the greater empire of the Eastern Kingdoms
    Man this is the coolest post I've ever seen. Got me really excited for more elaboration on that era in the lore!

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Manifest destiny! Just like the American Indians I guess?
    The United States had an expansionist policy.

Quelthalas spent thousands of years without increasing their territory, Quelthalas was not a threat to the existence of the Amani empire. Even after the fall of the empire, Quelthalas barely and took some territory.

The Amani were a threat to their neighbors, it was they who started the war.

Quel'thalas was Amani territory though. It was simply territory they were not occupying with significant population because it was sacred land to them. The elves decide to set up shop in their graveyards. The Troll Wars themselves were certainly a different affair, it was essentially a Crusade by the Amani completely instigated by a foreign power (the Zandalari). But there is no moral fault in the Amani in their early skirmishes with the high elves and dismissing them as vicious cannibals is not an objective point of view.
    If they wanted to add some lore and play with that Crusade theme they should have some ancient Troll holy site under Quel'Thalas. Would give the trolls a real good reason for invading.

Quel'thalas was Amani territory though. It was simply territory they were not occupying with significant population because it was sacred land to them. The elves decide to set up shop in their graveyards. The Troll Wars themselves were certainly a different affair, it was essentially a Crusade by the Amani completely instigated by a foreign power (the Zandalari). But there is no moral fault in the Amani in their early skirmishes with the high elves and dismissing them as vicious cannibals is not an objective point of view.
    The amani were cannibals, also when the high elves arrived there were no amanis in the place.

Moreover all that land was N'zoth territory, what do people have to do when the N'zoth forces attack? They leave the territory because N'zoth is the real owner?

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    The amani were cannibals, also when the high elves arrived there were no amanis in the place.

Moreover all that land was N'zoth territory, what do people have to do when the N'zoth forces attack? They leave the territory because N'zoth is the real owner?
    The Amani didn't live in the area that became Silvermoon and greater Quel'Thalas, but they did still consider it a sacred area and that was their justification for territorial aggression against the newly-arrived Highborne. At the time the High Elves came into the areas near Zul'Aman they would've been seen as a foreign people pushing into already settled lands - the trolls responded in kind, and were beaten back due to the Arcane mastery at the High Elves' command.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quelthalas was not a threat to the existence of the Amani empire.
    any powerful neighboring nation is always a threat
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    The Amani didn't live in the area that became Silvermoon and greater Quel'Thalas, but they did still consider it a sacred area and that was their justification for territorial aggression against the newly-arrived Highborne. At the time the High Elves came into the areas near Zul'Aman they would've been seen as a foreign people pushing into already settled lands - the trolls responded in kind, and were beaten back due to the Arcane mastery at the High Elves' command.
    They would of been better off not being so aggressive but that can't be changed so..what's done is done I guess.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    They would of been better off not being so aggressive but that can't be changed so..what's done is done I guess.
    The Troll clans, even in the present day, have very strong beliefs about their continuing hegemony - maintaining a strong sense of empire despite their scattered and non-centralized status. The Amani no doubt saw the arriving High Elves as a threat to that sense of cultural or regional superiority, not too dissimilar to the feelings they would have about the Kingdom of Arathor.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead