Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

New leggos screws over WWs again?

http://ptr.wowdb.com/items/151643-so...he-grandmaster

Looks like BrMs and MWs get a decent talent with their leggo, but WWs once again gets the shaft as they are given literally THE MOST useless talent in their tree.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Get given a free talent, so you have 2/3

Still complains

MMO Community in a nut shell

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    http://ptr.wowdb.com/items/151643-so...he-grandmaster

Looks like BrMs and MWs get a decent talent with their leggo, but WWs once again gets the shaft as they are given literally THE MOST useless talent in their tree.
    The BrM one is very situational, most of the time it's useless, I would like to get the ring just to play around with what's most needed but I don't feel it's a game changer at all, definitely not BiS.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post

Still complains

Thing is, it's not a free talent. It comes with a price of a legendary slot and that "free talent" makes it not worth using as one of your 2 equipable legendaries... So yeah, you should probably think a little before you post.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post
    The BrM one is very situational, most of the time it's useless, I would like to get the ring just to play around with what's most needed but I don't feel it's a game changer at all, definitely not BiS.

Yep, but its still very useful on a lot of magic heavy fights (which there will be a couple in ToS), where as Chi Orbit will be useful in exactly 0 situations.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain

Still complains

Doesn't know anything about the class or its talents

Comments

MMO-C in a nutshell
    Last edited by Gib Lover; 2017-05-17 at 05:44 PM.
    MMO-Champ users log on and just say things

Deleted
    You cant really give them serenity in the tree anyway

So don't use it.

Thing is, it's not a free talent. It comes with a price of a legendary slot and that "free talent" makes it not worth using as one of your 2 equipable legendaries... So yeah, you should probably think a little before you post.

- - - Updated - - -

Yep, but its still very useful on a lot of magic heavy fights (which there will be a couple in ToS), where as Chi Orbit will be useful in exactly 0 situations.
    Need to be a magic fight to be useful. Chi Orbit is just free dps, I don't see how it's useless, I mean maybe it's not the BiS, but it actually ALWAYS does something, right now a lot of WW legendaries are total shit compared to that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theprejudice View Post
    You cant really give them serenity in the tree anyway
    UUUUUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

It doesn't have to be a level 100 talent you know. In fact, MW's are getting level 45 talent and BrMs level 75.

Literally any level 15, 45, 75, or 90 would have been better.

Actually I thought very hard about my post, and I still think the same whine whine and whine

Quote Originally Posted by Gib Lover View Post
    Doesn't know anything about the class or it's talents

Comments

MMO-C in a nutshell
    Not true, I know they wear plate!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post
    Need to be a magic fight to be useful. Chi Orbit is just free dps, I don't see how it's useless, I mean maybe it's not the BiS, but it actually ALWAYS does something, right now a lot of WW legendaries are total shit compared to that.
    Yeah, but it's useful is the thing. On magic fights, that ring would most likely be BiS for BrMs. MW's probably has the best one as it will probably be their BiS in all situations, it allows them to have Mist Wrap AND Lifecycles, can't see how it won't be BiS for MWs, in fact, I wouldn't be surprised if they nerf it into another talent.

In no situation would it even come close to being anywhere near BiS for WWs (unless they buff it in 7.2.5, which would be appreciated, Blizz).

- - - Updated - - -

Actually I thought very hard about my post, and I still think the same whine whine and whine
    And now you're whining about the whining. It's a never ending cycle. Welcome to the internet, kid.

Deleted

It doesn't have to be a level 100 talent you know. In fact, MW's are getting level 45 talent and BrMs level 75.

Only PS and HC was available and if they choose HC you'd be nerfed accordingly. You really want to be nerfed even further due to ANOTHER mandatory legendary?
    It's literally free dps and a hell of a lot better than most WW legendaries atm

its really bad ,, if it gave us xuen or HC then its gonna be much much better

Xuen is strong for 3 targets + and weak on single

look at rogues mages and hunters they get a really decent push and us .. chi orbit

Yeah, but it's useful is the thing. On magic fights, that ring would most likely be BiS for BrMs. MW's probably has the best one as it will probably be their BiS in all situations, it allows them to have Mist Wrap AND Lifecycles, can't see how it won't be BiS for MWs, in fact, I wouldn't be surprised if they nerf it into another talent.

In no situation would it even come close to being anywhere near BiS for WWs (unless they buff it in 7.2.5, which would be appreciated, Blizz).

- - - Updated - - -

And now you're whining about the whining. It's a never ending cycle. Welcome to the internet, kid.
    Well, it doesn't HAVE to be BiS, they won't and can't make new BiS with every legendary, that would be kinda stupid.

- - - Updated - - -

You wound me sir.

Seriously though, has it not crossed your mind while that is the shittest talent, it's been done for a reason? maybe they've tested the combination of the other two and it's stupidly OP?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Baz View Post

look at rogues mages and hunters they get a really decent push and us .. chi orbit
    If it gave you HC then they'd have to nerf us accordingly because we would then have to take Xuen, Xuen can't be on the ring.

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

This is what happens when you don't think things through.

AFAIK all rings are talents that are Passives, leaving us Eye of the Tiger on the 15 tier, Ascension or Power Strikes on the 45, none of the 75 tier (which, if you really think people have issue with Chi Orbit, give them a legendary with a defensive talent on it), Hit Combo on the 90, and Chi Orbit on the 100.

Eye of the Tiger would do less damage than Chi Orbit, and be strictly single target.
    Ascension would be the only reasonable choice beyond Hit Combo as it speeds things up a little, and makes it easier to pool.
    Power Strikes would provide one more BoK or 1/3 of a SCK every 15s, nothing to write home about.
    Hit Combo would be too strong, even in 7.2.5 as you'd be able to get the 12% benefit from it and 7-8% more damage from Xuen.
    Chi Orbit is a middle power talent that is decent in AOE and for burst at the start of a fight. It certainly can be improved upon, but its not useless.

People were going to flip if it was anything beyond Hit Combo, and this would make the legendary 100% the best in all situations, and probably stronger than any other legendary in the game in some situations. They'd also flip if we were nerfed because of the new mandatory legendary.

Considering its possible that these rings may be a reward for finishing some class related quest line, it would be ludicrous to reward a spec/class with the undisputed best legendary simply through a quest line.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Baz View Post

It wouldnt be xuen, since all the rings are passives. and Hit Combo would be too strong, and would see it become a mandatory legendary and a huge outlier.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

Quote Originally Posted by Zamfix View Post
    So don't use it.
    That seems to be Blizzard's credo for the Monk class when we see how they're treating us.

Quote Originally Posted by Theprejudice View Post
    If it gave you HC then they'd have to nerf us accordingly because we would then have to take Xuen, Xuen can't be on the ring.
    they already nerfed xuen, rjw and hc

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Babylonius View Post
    This is what happens when you don't think things through.

AFAIK all rings are talents that are Passives, leaving us Eye of the Tiger on the 15 tier, Ascension or Power Strikes on the 45, none of the 75 tier (which, if you really think people have issue with Chi Orbit, give them a legendary with a defensive talent on it), Hit Combo on the 90, and Chi Orbit on the 100.

Eye of the Tiger would do less damage than Chi Orbit, and be strictly single target.
    Ascension would be the only reasonable choice beyond Hit Combo as it speeds things up a little, and makes it easier to pool.
    Power Strikes would provide one more BoK or 1/3 of a SCK every 15s, nothing to write home about.
    Hit Combo would be too strong, even in 7.2.5 as you'd be able to get the 12% benefit from it and 7-8% more damage from Xuen.
    Chi Orbit is a middle power talent that is decent in AOE and for burst at the start of a fight. It certainly can be improved upon, but its not useless.

People were going to flip if it was anything beyond Hit Combo, and this would make the legendary 100% the best in all situations, and probably stronger than any other legendary in the game in some situations. They'd also flip if we were nerfed because of the new mandatory legendary.

Considering its possible that these rings may be a reward for finishing some class related quest line, it would be ludicrous to reward a spec/class with the undisputed best legendary simply through a quest line.

- - - Updated - - -

It wouldnt be xuen, since all the rings are passives. and Hit Combo would be too strong, and would see it become a mandatory legendary and a huge outlier.
    I think overall the problem doesn't lie with the ring, but with the talent itself. It's a shit talent no matter how you look at it. I would have preferred Ascension or Power Strikes over it.