The president told another country about a terrorist threat, omg he's helping other people!

But seriously don't you think maybe the Russians needed to know about this info. People are totally eating out of the hands of the media in this particular instance, wake up and actually think about the info being presented. It's obvious, a TERRORIST THREAT, is something that should/needs be shared with foreign officials if it also effects their country.

Quote Originally Posted by NYC17 View Post
    If you were posting something of substance I would reply to it with something of equal, or as usual, more substance. As most of my interactions with you prove. Unfortunately you devolve all of the discussions you choose to interject yourself into down to "stop insulting me guys, you're all so mean because I'm soooo independent".

Once again, you aren't really up to speed with what side of the situation you're on. You are the bait fish. It's a constant theme and your repeated appeals to "whoever" about the supposed insults you must endure is evidence of that.
    I posted an article that pretty much coincide with my views, you haven't posted anything constructive, therefor nothing to counter with. There really isn't any reason to reply to you further. Good day

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by deadmanfred View Post
    The president told another country about a terrorist threat, omg he's helping other people!

But seriously don't you think maybe the Russians needed to know about this info. People are totally eating out of the hands of the media in this particular instance, wake up and actually think about the info being presented. It's obvious, a TERRORIST THREAT, is something that should/needs be shared with foreign officials if it also effects their country.
    We should keep it a secret! For reasons!

shh you're gonna hurt the lefties feelings.

Not at the expense of another fucking country's intelligence assets. Least of all, one of this country's most key allies in the fight against the ISIS boogie man, that seems to have huge swaths of the planet pussy whipped in fear.
    9 out of 10 people agree that in a room full of 10 people one person will always disagree with the other 9.

10+ Year Old Account
    Zenkai aint woke

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    I posted an article that pretty much coincide with my views, you haven't posted anything constructive, therefor nothing to counter with. There really isn't any reason to reply to you further. Good day

- - - Updated - - -

Your nonsense has been countered time and time again. It's been explained to you why posting that article was utterly irrelevant and how it differs from the actual facts of the current situation. Your mistake is believing that you have to somehow agree with the truth for it to be the truth. That's not how it works.

Consider yourself insulted again if you must, but this is exactly what people are talking about. You either don't know enough to understand why you're wrong, or you are just purposely avoiding basic understandings and concepts.

The problem is 2-fold. It wasn't our intelligence to share, it was Israel's. Despite their public response, we know they aren't happy about this. Second, while Trump has the ability to declassify intelligence, generally a President will run this by his team rather than just do it on a whim.

Also, he gave the intel to Ruissa. Iran's biggest ally. Iran is Israel's worst enemy. I thought the right-wing was very anti-Iran still.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account

You're about 113 pages behind - you need to catch up - this thread has a lot of good posts mixed in with the usual awoke BS.

1. It wasn't Trump's intel to give away - it was an ally's - and people are probably going to die because of it.
    2. The Russians ARE NOT our allies.
    3. Trump has neither the intelligence nor the judgement capacity to be the person who decides who we share it with.

Are you having trouble reading? no one is saying he doesn't have the right to tell the Russians but you need to consult with intelligence agencies and debriefed in order to protect your source and not to divulge information that puts assets at risk. There is a reason that presidents get debriefed and have a script of what they can talk about when other countries come visit. The information the president has is vital to national security and needs to be properly scrutinized before being released to anyone let alone a country whose interests do not align with us.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Zenkai aint woke

You're in the matrix and I am up in here piloting my ship eating a snot like substance that taste runny eggs.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    That are beyond your understanding - which you've already essentially admitted. You don't hand out intel that was given to you by another country without their permission. We ask the same of our allies.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    You really need to look up the definition of insult. People calling you something that you are, is not an insult. And he's accurately pointing out your past post history, telling the truth - which is not name calling.
    None of the definitions of insult that I have found require it to not be true. Infact, some of them mention "humiliates" or "wounds ones feelings". I would assume that an insult that is actually true would affect the target much more than a blatent lie. If I said to someone that he is most stupid person I've talked to all day, and it was true, it would still be an insult.

Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    Not at the expense of another fucking country's intelligence assets. Least of all, one of this country's most key allies in the fight against the ISIS boogie man, that seems to have huge swaths of the planet pussy whipped in fear.
    What expense? This is more like a enemy of my enemy is my friend kind of situation. Russia isn't going to axe a source of info that benifets them, if anything they're probably like a more direct line of communication with said source. The article mentions ex-members of the staff giving their OPINIONS on a president giving info to foreign diplomats. These ex-members are not currently partial to the info giving and as such their opinions are irrelevant. That being said if the info is publicly known then it's something the Russians would have been able to get easily anyways.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    You're about 113 pages behind - you need to catch up - this thread has a lot of good posts mixed in with the usual awoke BS.

1. It wasn't Trump's intel to give away - it was an ally's - and people are probably going to die because of it.
    2. The Russians ARE NOT our allies.
    3. Trump has neither the intelligence nor the judgement capacity to be the person who decides who we share it with.
    1. Ya isis terrorists are going to die
    2. Right but the enemy of my enemy is my friend
    3. No where in the article or others I googled does it say he let thus info go without consultation. Granted I could see you argue he picked his consultation so that doesn't matter anyways. None of the article suggest that the we had explicit instruction not to give it to the Russians either, that's pretty important. If it's truly a dangerous situation then it's 100% better to ask for forgiveness rather then permission.
    Last edited by deadmanfred; 2017-05-17 at 08:54 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    What expense? This is more like a enemy of my enemy is my friend kind of situation. Russia isn't going to axe a source of info that benifets them, if anything they're probably like a more direct line of communication with said source. The article mentions ex-members of the staff giving their OPINIONS on a president giving info to foreign diplomats. These ex-members are not currently partial to the info giving and as such their opinions are irrelevant. That being said if the info is publicly known then it's something the Russians would have been able to get easily anyways.
    They will monitor and reverse-engineer what they know to find the Israeli asset and use that for their own counter-intelligence against the west. Trump gave them a peek into the inner-workings of our intelligence strategy in Syria, you would have to be completely deluded to believe that they were using it to counter ISIS, they don't give a shit about ISIS, since ISIS isn't bordering any Assad territory.
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LMuhlen View Post
    None of the definitions of insult that I have found require it to not be true. Infact, some of them mention "humiliates" or "wounds ones feelings". I would assume that an insult that is actually true would affect the target much more than a blatent lie. If I said to someone that he is most stupid person I've talked to all day, and it was true, it would still be an insult.
    You're confusing one automatically being the other. Your example, stupid person ever, is an insult regardless of whether it's true or not. Plus, it's also non-objective - because how would you know.

Calling someone a racist for instance, is true, and could be an insult. But the truthfulness of the accusation is irrelevant to it's perceived reception by the accused.

So calling out Zenkai's post history is true, and isn't an insult, unless it's perceived as one - and can always find an insult, whether it exists or not. All insults are not true, and all truthful statements are not insults.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Zenkai aint woke
    but but he's "independent", guess that makes him an iino?

On topic, what are the over/under that the gop start growing a spine? well Trump's have to below 30% for them to start putting country over party?

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    1. Ya isis terrorists are going to die
    3. No where in the article or others I googled does it say he let thus info go without consultation. Granted I could see you argue he picked his consultation so that doesn't matter anyways.
    1. ISIS will die regardless. What Trump did was reveal a valuable source of information, on that wasn't even ours to reveal.
    2. No, that is not correct. Not when it comes to sharing intel. Not even close.
    3. I'm not sure what you've read and haven't read, so I can't address this here and now.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    They will monitor and reverse-engineer what they know to find the Israeli asset and use that for their own counter-intelligence against the west. Trump gave them a peek into the inner-workings of our intelligence strategy in Syria, you would have to be completely deluded to believe that they were using it to counter ISIS, they don't give a shit about ISIS, since ISIS isn't bordering any Assad territory.
    and don't forget Russia's relationship with Iran. There's no way in hell Israel would be happy giving anything to Iran, either directly or indirectly, even if it was "to fight ISIS", and it would be even more dangerous for the contact to be outed, adding another enemy to the list.

Deleted
    Except you are betraying your best friend's (Israel) trust and selling it to someone that is friend (Russia) with your best friend's worst enemies (Syria and Iran).

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxx79 View Post
    and don't forget Russia's relationship with Iran. There's no way in hell Israel would be happy giving anything to Iran, either directly or indirectly, even if it was "to fight ISIS", and it would be even more dangerous for the contact to be outed, adding another enemy to the list.
    Exactly, these Trumpers are trying to re-frame the issue since it's so damning to both our allies and American citizens abroad.
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.