Thread: Your Country

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Spain.

Without mention the shit about we hate each other bcos of reasons, I really love the weather and some places.

As a parent, that it's not England (home country). 480 days paid parental leave, 120 days paid leave per year if my kid is sick and home from daycare/school, cheap daycare, flexible work hours.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    South Africa:

Brilliant weather, amazing natural heritage, wonderful people, incredible opportunities for those who are willing to put in the effort.

Sadly though we also have a number of challenges which bring us down, but overall there is no place I'd rather be.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Safety. Stability.
    Aye! If I remember correctly, Finland is now the safest country on Earth, now that Sweden has it's problems.

Also I personally love Helsinki <3

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    do you always shit on posts? or is it a mental illness?

(Infracted)
    Am I wrong? If I'm not mistaken, women aren't allowed to drive in Saudi Arabia. They are not even allowed to fucking leave their house without a male companion and rape is a misdemeanor. Does that sound like a good thing to you?

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CptEgo View Post
    Am I wrong? If I'm not mistaken, women aren't allowed to drive in Saudi Arabia. They are not even allowed to fucking leave their house without a male companion and rape is a misdemeanor. Does that sound like a good thing to you?
    Having been to Saudi Arabia and gotten to know a few Saudis, I would say that your synopsis is a bit lacking.

By western standards, the way women are treated seems pretty apalling. And for western women visiting Saudi (I have been there with female colleagues) it can be a bit challenging, although to be fair to the Saudis they do try to accomodate western women without compromising their own culture too much.

For Saudi women, that is the life they know, and generally given that almost all Saudis are financially well-off, they are safe and well taken care of and get to live a pretty cushy lifestyle. Most have little or no desire to change the status quo, which is why things are the way the are. Yes, life for a Saudi woman with strong feminist views is not going to be fun. And I am not trying to argue that their society shouldn't become more egalitarian. All I am saying is that it isn't nearly as bad for the average woman living in Saudi as most westerners might think. In fact most Saudi women have good levels of satisfaction with their lives.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Downside; The dark fjord waters... *shiver*... Norway is indeed amaze, but holy shit do those fjords trigger my phobia of dark, deep water!!
    But Norway har Dimmu Borgir and Immortal! Finland has Children of Bodom! \m/

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    All you ever see in the news is doom and gloom but the UK is really a real place to live, I like pubs in cosy English villages on a Sunday afternoon.
    Me not that kind of Orc!

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Japan is probably the most civil country on Earth.
    No country with Capital Punishment can take that title.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrianth View Post
    No country with Capital Punishment can take that title.
    Japan has 100 people on Death Row out of 120 million. If you lived here your entire life you wouldn't even know there was a death penalty unless you looked it up or someone told you because crime is so rare and it is only used for dangerous murderers that are deemed mentally fit and are beyond rehabilitation.

That is such a strange thing to even bring up or judge a country for. People let their near irrelevant political views make them jaded about the world.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Japan has 100 people on Death Row out of 120 million. If you lived here your entire life you wouldn't even know there was a death penalty unless you looked it up or someone told you because crime is so rare and it is only used for dangerous murderers that are deemed mentally fit and are beyond rehabilitation.

That is such a strange thing to even bring up or judge a country for. People let their near irrelevant political views make them jaded about the world.
    So are you claiming citizens of Japan are more ignorant of their judicial system than a foreigner? lol

The most civil countries don't take even the slightest risk of killing innocent citizens to get rid of their "undesirables".
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

I love how personal, individual liberty is still sacred.....for now at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrianth View Post
    So are you claiming citizens of Japan are more ignorant of their judicial system than a foreigner? lol

The most civil countries don't take even the slightest risk of killing innocent citizens to get rid of their "undesirables".
    I think most people know it exists but it is so rarely used that most people don't think about it. Crime that is unorganized is very rare in general. You don't need to put undesirables in quotes by the way, that's exactly what they are. I suggest reading about the Akihabara massacre or the sarin gas attack as examples of the types of people who get placed on death row in Japan in the very rare cases it is used.

I find your criteria pretty strange. I consider Japan a very civil country because of how incredibly polite people are at all times and how courtesy and formalities are woven into the culture. But because it has a legal punishment that is used only several times a year in a country that is famous for its thoroughness, you can say that it isn't one of the most civil countries in the world.

If you had to pick a damning political reason why it isn't civil, denying war crimes is probably a better one by the way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't complain too much about Netherlands.. I dislike the way politics are handled but I suppose that's the same in every "democratic" country.

Hate the weather though, summers are just clammy instead of nice.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have so much goddam freedom that y'all jealous

10+ Year Old Account
    Didn't you get the memo? why does your balls itch every time there is an honest topic that you have to turn it into a political war field?

Stick on topic or create your own shitpost.
    I can't help myself. People living in shitty places need to be told how shitty that place is. You are more than welcome to bash my country all you want, I'm listening.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vizardlorde View Post
    Bad winter is the enly thing keeping me from your country
    Take a long vacation during winter.

Great American musician in a great American car. Other countries don't even come close.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Deleted
    Social security
    People
    Metal

You don't get to judge a place you know nothing about.

Saudi Arabia is better than Denmark in certain areas. 0% tax. High income. free health care. free education. for both men and women. secure job opportunity for both genders. So zip it before you embarrass yourself more. Just because women can't drive doesn't mean that they are being oppressed.

Goddamn those people who think they know everything about a country smeared by the media :P
    Not that i'm disputing what you said, but where did you get your information about Saudi Arabia from?