Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

Horde The Horde didn't abandon you!

I'm just a bit annoyed that in the game story, the Alliance still believes the Horde left them to die on the Broken Front. Aside from just telling them, Vol'Jin is dead. They have to know that, right?! If he fell, obviously the Horde was losing. Manufactured conflict is manufactured and irksome!

Also, I get Jaina is still salty about Theramore (at least in game) but she is a very intelligent person. She knows she'd be of use on the Broken Isles AND knows the current Horde didn't approve of the bombing. If we lose on the Broken Isles, that doesn't teach the Horde a lesson. It doesn't teach anyone anything because we'll all be dead! She's too smart not to see that and at least be here in some capacity.

These things shouldn't bug me as much as they do lol

Your problem is that you actually want characters to act inteligently, while Blizzard prefers them infantile in order to justify whatever they think would be best to come next.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard has resorted to plot-induced stupidity to keep the Alliance-Horde hostilities ongoing since Wrath of the Lich King. This expansion it's just Genn and Sylvanas's turn to take stupid pills and forget that couriers exist.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    Blizzard has resorted to plot-induced stupidity to keep the Alliance-Horde hostilities ongoing since Wrath of the Lich King. This expansion it's just Genn and Sylvanas's turn to take stupid pills and forget that couriers exist.
    I'm still going with the head cannon that the Legion, possibly with or without Dreadlords and Succubi, somehow got ahold of the Couriers and prevented the memo that the Horde didn't abandon us, that Vol'jin is kinda sorta dead, and that the Horde isn't, in fact, out to get us.

That, or it'll be revealed that Admiral Rodgers is in fact a Dreadlord (Or Succubus, because the Legion is an equal opprotunity employer), and has been playing the long con with Genn this entire expansion to shoe horn in World PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by whynotchris View Post
    I'm just a bit annoyed that in the game story, the Alliance still believes the Horde left them to die on the Broken Front. Aside from just telling them, Vol'Jin is dead. They have to know that, right?! If he fell, obviously the Horde was losing. Manufactured conflict is manufactured and irksome!

Also, I get Jaina is still salty about Theramore (at least in game) but she is a very intelligent person. She knows she'd be of use on the Broken Isles AND knows the current Horde didn't approve of the bombing. If we lose on the Broken Isles, that doesn't teach the Horde a lesson. It doesn't teach anyone anything because we'll all be dead! She's too smart not to see that and at least be here in some capacity.

After arguing this point numerous times with diehard Allies, I'm ready to give up and just be like "Fine, we abandoned you. As an olive branch, why don't I help you mop up your king?"
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

Isn't it strange that the only characters that insist that the Horde abandoned the Alliance on the Broken Shore are those with a deep-rooted hatred for the Horde?

10+ Year Old Account
    She went sulking back to her brother in Kul'Tiras, and she'll be there plotting her return in the next expansion #iwanttobelieve

The only ones engaging in factional warfare is Genn and Sylvanas but that has nothing to do with the Alliance and Horde but everything to do with settling old scores!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    Isn't it strange that the only characters that insist that the Horde abandoned the Alliance on the Broken Shore are those with a deep-rooted hatred for the Horde?
    Which coincidentely are the current de facto generals of the Alliance while King Anduin is still figuring himself out. (At least in the case of Genn)

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Seriously, would it have been that hard to shout a "Oi Wrynn! Vol'jin's down, PULL BACK!" instead of just walking away?
    O Flora, of the moon, of the dream. O Little ones, O fleeting will of the ancients. Let the hunter be safe. Let them find comfort. And let this dream, their captor, Foretell a pleasant awakening

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bgdfahrq View Post
    The only ones engaging in factional warfare is Genn and Sylvanas but that has nothing to do with the Alliance and Horde but everything to do with settling old scores!
    The problem is they're wasting valuable manpower and resources fighting each other instead of supporting the player character in trying to locate the Aegis--to the point that you're able to completely ignore the Alliance and Horde bases in Stormheim and still get the zone achievement, because the factions leave you high and dry to wave dicks at one another (instead, you end up getting help from the Odyn and vrykul/val'kyr/valyrjar loyal to him).

It doesn't make any sense from a narrative perspective that they would be that hard-up on fighting each other that they'd just abandon the world's best hope for stopping a massive demonic invasion unless either it was enforced from the authors (which it is) or the supposedly-legendary Ranger-General turned Banshee Queen and the King-in-exile of Gilneas, as well as Sky Admiral Rogers, just proved they have no place leading military operations more complex than filling trays at the mess hall.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Yes it seems some of the characters act stupid.. Here is the thing though. Hatred and fear makes people act stupid. You would think they would know that a united front with all sides makes for a stronger world and stronger defense. In Jaina's case, more often than not she fought for the peace between the Alliance and the Horde. Thrall leaves and places Garrosh in charge and then the new Horde bombs and destroys Theramore. They then betray her with the Bell and now the Broken Shore. Yes, they had lost their leader and were being overrun. Alliance did not see what was originally going on up there and of course the lack of communication between the sides fell apart. So much betrayal's or thought of betrayals back to back has lead to fear controlling multiple characters responses and as history has shown in even Real Life, once fear takes control, smart goes right out the window and stupid reigns supreme.
    We haven't seen either side try to talk to the other in terms of their leadership so there is nothing to resolve this fear. Genn went after Sylvie in Stormheim, and what does she do when she's there. Try to control and enslave a new race, so odds are of course Genn saw that and spread it to the Alliance leadership, so what has the horde done to rectify all the rumors of how bad they are.... nothing. You try to say that they are doing nothing wrong but for the second time in 3 expansions we come to a new land and the horde tries to conquer or enslave one. How does this look in the eyes of the Alliance... "oh the horde has changed, this isn't the same one that was lead by Garrosh", hold on while I enslave this mystical race one second. Sorry but they look exactly like Garrosh's horde with that. And Garrosh's horde were the ones that destroyed Theramore, stole the bell, unleashed the biggest Sha event in who knows how long destroying the Valley.
    You can say all you want about how you think they'd be "smart" and just join sides but Sylvie being in charge looks like Garrosh 2.0 and that unsettles some big names in Alliance leadership.

Vol'Jin ran to save his skin, Varian went back to save his people.

#Jainaisadreadlord

Seriously though....they literally retreated using an airship, which means the damn thing was already on station, probably in a position to see the battlefield from above. I'm so sick of Blizzard's two-dimensional thinking. It shows up even in their cinematics. I swear to god Ion or Afasiabi is a flat-world believer.

Players know this. At least anyone who pays attention.

The Alliance characters do not. And nobody from the Horde has bothered to even send a letter explaining it. People arguing that the Horde has betrayed the Alliance are almost always arguing it from the Alliance's perspective.

Miscommunication and misunderstandings are some of biggest reasons for conflict.

I'm just a bit annoyed that in the game story, the Alliance still believes the Horde left them to die on the Broken Front. Aside from just telling them, Vol'Jin is dead.
    Yes, from the Alliance perspective, they were abandoned. All they saw and heard was the sounding of the retreating horn and pull from the ledge. That is all the Alliance saw.

They have to know that, right?! If he fell, obviously the Horde was losing. Manufactured conflict is manufactured and irksome!
    Nope. They don't know. You have the benefit to seeing the big picture. You have to see it from the Alliance. They don't know what happened up on the ledge. You do, as a player.

Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    The vocal ones, yes. But there isn't a single Alliance NPC who says, "The Horde had to retreat." Nobody knows that. Because of plot convenience to have a HvA component.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sansnom View Post
    Yes, from the Alliance perspective, they were abandoned. All they saw and heard was the sounding of the retreating horn and pull from the ledge. That is all the Alliance saw.

Nope. They don't know. You have the benefit to seeing the big picture. You have to see it from the Alliance. They don't know what happened up on the ledge. You do, as a player.
    Someone, pen a letter: "Hey Anduin, Sorry about your dad, Vol'jin got hit and our lines broke, we thought he would understand the retreat horn. Our bad." maybe some flowers.
    O Flora, of the moon, of the dream. O Little ones, O fleeting will of the ancients. Let the hunter be safe. Let them find comfort. And let this dream, their captor, Foretell a pleasant awakening