Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    always love when people think they can handle running a guild better then the people currently running their guild....most of them learn quickly

Quote Originally Posted by Grosfaisan View Post
    Method already recruited Lazel so they surely won't need a fourth tank. Especially when your tanking duo is so important within the guild (the GM and founder of the brand and one of the main/loyal players throughout the years) and when you recruited an exceptional player. What would Slootbag bring?
    Yea, he's a great player but suffers from being a one trick pony. He ONLY tanks, and in a world where 2 or less tanks is the norm for every encounter you don't have a lot of options. If he dps'd or healed he'd have a LOT more options.

Deleted
    Nevermind Sco confirmed on stream that Lazel was recruited as a dps. But if an exceptional tank main was recruited as a dps, I don't see Method recruiting any tank.
    Last edited by mmoc8d916160dc; 2017-05-17 at 07:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grosfaisan View Post
    Nevermind Sco confirmed on stream that Lazel was recruited as a dps. But if an exceptional tank main was recruited as a dps, I don't see Method recruiting any tank.
    there is about 0% chance sco would remove justwait one of the most loyal players who has been tanking with sco since forever now so they definitely arent looking for tanks

Quote Originally Posted by sarym13 View Post
    Sloot gained popularity during Serenity's uprising. And with that he achieved his core audience. Doesn't matter what game he plays now, his core audience alone sustains him. Tho I am curious as to what he will do, will Method even consider accepting him if he applies to them? I doubt he'd want to go to Exorsus with the language barrier, From Scratch is not going to "Hardcore" progression raid next tier, only other option is Limit
    well, ging for limit means he need to start from 0, except if u can transfer eu chars to us

I herd method is recruiting sloot as a tank. anybody care to comment?

Quote Originally Posted by Unforgivenn View Post
    well, ging for limit means he need to start from 0, except if u can transfer eu chars to us
    You mean, 100, he has a full NA account cause he's actually canadian, its not that hard to catch up now before ToS, but thing is, no one really needs tanks right now, 1 or 2 tanks a fight, and everyone at that level has their 2. Tank synergy is important, you don't just uproot that.

He needs to branch out from tanking, or just surf hoping is personality (which is pretty good) and current subscriber base is enough.

Edit: also him going to limit would be like stepping down from true progression raiding, limit is great and all but doesn't compare to EU raid team commitment (and i say this as a US citizen)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Killface1 View Post
    I herd method is recruiting sloot as a tank. anybody care to comment?
    Would never happen, Justwait has been tanking with sco since they kicked Treckie, you don't break up tank synergy.
    Last edited by Onikaroshi; 2017-05-17 at 09:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    they kicked Treckie, you don't break up tank synergy.
    Why did they kick him? I mean he's a really good tank.

Quote Originally Posted by Restors View Post
    He hard core slacked, wasn't keeping up with anything. If you watch his stream now you wonder how he was ever in method, something has slipped, he stands in like... everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Restors View Post
    Both him and Sco barely played during HM prepatation, IIRC he barely had his main pala geared while everyone else in Method were gearing like 5 chars and buying BoEs for millions. They couldn't confront Sco at that moment (but him slacking was one of the major reason for split and he stepped up in Legion), but after losing to Paragon they realized something needs to be changed, especially after Fraggy did like 30% dps more on Butcher.

If you watch his stream now you wonder how he was ever in method
    It's because they were comfortably top 1 in MoP, only started noticing problems once they had competition from Finns again

You mean, 100, he has a full NA account cause he's actually canadian, its not that hard to catch up now before ToS, but thing is, no one really needs tanks right now, 1 or 2 tanks a fight, and everyone at that level has their 2. Tank synergy is important, you don't just uproot that.

He needs to branch out from tanking, or just surf hoping is personality (which is pretty good) and current subscriber base is enough.

Edit: also him going to limit would be like stepping down from true progression raiding, limit is great and all but doesn't compare to EU raid team commitment (and i say this as a US citizen)

- - - Updated - - -

Would never happen, Justwait has been tanking with sco since they kicked Treckie, you don't break up tank synergy.
    Imo, synergy is overrated. Doesn't take that long to build synergy, especially for experienced players.

The real issue, is if Slootbag is genuinely better, more dedicated and more knowledgeable, and if Justwait is better as a dps player than anyone else on the Method roster.

Hypothetically, if Sloot is better than Justwait, Sloot could replace him as tank, Justwait could go dps, and if Justwait is better than the person he's replacing, then you just made 10% of the team a little bit stronger. That is something that Method leadership seriously needs to think about, assuming Sloot decides he wants to be in Method and he doesn't go more hardcore.

Of course, that's all predicated on the idea that Sloot is a better tank, which he may not be. I mean, there's no way I could know that without watching Justwait play, which I never have outside of kill videos. I don't even know if Justwait streams tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by sarym13 View Post
    Sloot gained popularity during Serenity's uprising. And with that he achieved his core audience. Doesn't matter what game he plays now, his core audience alone sustains him. Tho I am curious as to what he will do, will Method even consider accepting him if he applies to them? I doubt he'd want to go to Exorsus with the language barrier, From Scratch is not going to "Hardcore" progression raid next tier, only other option is Limit
    thats not really true thought - you can see it perfeckly on axample of youtubers like heelvsbabyface who channel is nearly dead now that he makes no wow videos or preach who thought that just cause hes popular in wow community he could launch media empire - guess what his other videos has abysmal low watch ratio compared to his wow ones , half of with is probably from videos automatickly switching to them when playing minimized in background.

same most probably can happen with sloot - people watch him cayse he plays wow - anything else and boom views plummet. his only chance is trialing for exorsus or other guilds in top 5 and as a tank it will be haaard .
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2017-05-17 at 09:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    Imo, synergy is overrated. Doesn't take that long to build synergy, especially for experienced players.

The real issue, is if Slootbag is genuinely better, more dedicated and more knowledgeable, and if Justwait is better as a dps player than anyone else on the Method roster.

Hypothetically, if Sloot is better than Justwait, Sloot could replace him as tank, Justwait could go dps, and if Justwait is better than the person he's replacing, then you just made 10% of the team a little bit stronger. That is something that Method leadership seriously needs to think about, assuming Sloot decides he wants to be in Method and he doesn't go more hardcore.

Of course, that's all predicated on the idea that Sloot is a better tank, which he may not be. I mean, there's no way I could know that without watching Justwait play, which I never have outside of kill videos. I don't even know if Justwait streams tbh.
    If he did actually move to method though it would have to be done like... RIGHT now, sure you can build tank synergy but you're not going to try to do that during progression and we're on the cusp of ToS release.

Also depends on how many tanks Sloot has capped, cause at that level it plays a lot into it (we know paladin, but he was also pretty good with the whole roster of tanks back on NA)

Quote Originally Posted by FareweII View Post
    Both him and Sco barely played during HM prepatation, IIRC he barely had his main pala geared while everyone else in Method were gearing like 5 chars and buying BoEs for millions. They couldn't confront Sco at that moment (but him slacking was one of the major reason for split and he stepped up in Legion), but after losing to Paragon they realized something needs to be changed, especially after Fraggy did like 30% dps more on Butcher.

It's because they were comfortably top 1 in MoP, only started noticing problems once they had competition from Finns again
    I think a large part of it is also tanking getting much harder. The MoP/WoD/Legion era of tanking is disgustingly more difficult from a survival/rotational pov than the LK/Cata era. Don't get me wrong, Treckie is a good player, but I don't think he's at that ultra top level that other top tanks are. Not to disparage the guy but that's just my opinion from watching his stream. Game got more difficult and it showed cracks in Treckie as a player.

I mean, watch their Imperator kill video. When Treckie asks if there's anything left for him concerning externals, to me, that is unacceptable for a world first tank. That should be tracked in the UI, and a world first tank needs to be able to assess that information and react appropriately under pressure. I'm not saying that in particular is what did it, but I bet the Method players/leadership started to notice bad patterns in his play.

He hard core slacked, wasn't keeping up with anything. If you watch his stream now you wonder how he was ever in method, something has slipped, he stands in like... everything.
    people grow older thats what happend

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    people grow older thats what happend
    He's not any older than the other world 1st guys. No one is getting any younger, but most are improving or at least staying sharp in their craft.

He's not any older than the other world 1st guys. No one is getting any younger, but most are improving or at least staying sharp in their craft.
    well trecktor is 27 so i think maybe only sco is older who is 29(?)

Quote Originally Posted by jjbarea View Post
    well trecktor is 27 so i think maybe only sco is older who is 29(?)
    That's very young, hell if they're losing mechanical ability at that age, that's something a doctor needs to be brought into O.o

If he did actually move to method though it would have to be done like... RIGHT now, sure you can build tank synergy but you're not going to try to do that during progression and we're on the cusp of ToS release.

Also depends on how many tanks Sloot has capped, cause at that level it plays a lot into it (we know paladin, but he was also pretty good with the whole roster of tanks back on NA)
    Sloot has every tank at max level, reasonably caught up on gear and AP. I think his lowest ilvl is like 902 or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    Sloot has every tank at max level, reasonably caught up on gear and AP. I think his lowest ilvl is like 902 or so.
    Well, I guess we'll see within the next few days what goes on. If he's not in soon he probably won't be in, don't know what the future holds for him. Nice guy though, always answered my questions back in tot prog about our shitty prot pally