Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    because its a temporary event? and doing everything I just said isn't just a flick of a switch and boom it works. Sure, they might increase HP, reduce damage, but bringing it completely up to scratch and have it tuned to legion level? They may as well build it from scratch.

Regardless, I'm making my observations based on every other TW event we've seen, Molten Core to the latest Cataclysm ones released. Everything has been face stomped, even End of time the last boss. You can do that with one arm tied behind your back and not using the hour glass and like I said its a temporary event, it's just not worth the effort.

But by all means, if within the first week its out no one has cleared it feel free to re-quote me and tell me I told you so
    They aren't going to make it unclearable obviously but that doesn't mean people aren't going to have SOME issues. The timewalking stuff released recently hasn't really been tuned with Legion in mind. TBC-Cata was all released in WoD before artifacts were a thing. Artifacts make them unbalanced. There were a few hard ones here and there throughout the course of the TW events. I remember Pit of Saron being interestingly tuned in WoD.

Quote Originally Posted by hyphnos View Post
    Return to Karazhan "wasn't queueable" and then people didn't use it and lo and behold it was.
    Was Karazhan a limited time event? and the LFG version is shit, you cant get the mounts there

More recycling of old content! GJ Blizz!

Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    And... they wouldn't tune the dungeon with all the things you just said in mind... because why again?
    Because they can't. Timewalking for BC is for characters 71+. So there is a good chunk of the level range that wouldn't have things like Artifacts and such. If they tune it for you being 100+ with an artifact then those who queue under it then they'd have an even harder time.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Because they can't. Timewalking for BC is for characters 71+. So there is a good chunk of the level range that wouldn't have things like Artifacts and such. If they tune it for you being 100+ with an artifact then those who queue under it then they'd have an even harder time.
    But it's not queueable unless you're in a premade group so they can tune it harder than timewalking. I really don't think that low levels really do these events anyway, do they? The incentive is for maximum level characters. I'm pretty sure Blizzard designs their game with the current content in mind and anything else is just... like.. time investment. They sorta proved this when they gave out a free level 100 with every Legion purchase.

But it's not queueable unless you're in a premade group so they can tune it harder than timewalking.
    Ok, but the point of the comment I posted was about tuning it around having all those things. Which they can't since users can do it from 71+ and won't have those.

I really don't think that low levels really do these events anyway, do they?
    While not absolute I would say a good chunk do them. Out of every timewalking I do for that week (50 at the minimum for my characters for the weekly) I see 1 or 2 <100's in the group. Since everyone is scaled to the same it's not a huge issue, but you can tell those who are higher because of legendary procs/artifact abilities.

The incentive is for maximum level characters.
    The only incentive for maximum level characters is the weekly. The rest of the incentive is for anyone since you can get gear (while leveling/fresh), mounts, toys, rep, some profession items.

I'm pretty sure Blizzard designs their game with the current content in mind and anything else is just... like.. time investment. They sorta proved this when they gave out a free level 100 with every Legion purchase.
    Eh, I wouldn't say that as much. Timewalking is they design for anyone above the previous level cap of that timewalking period because everyone gets scaled down to it regardless. It's not like they retuned BC, Wrath and Cata because we now have artifacts, more legendaries, etc on our hands.

Ok, but the point of the comment I posted was about tuning it around having all those things. Which they can't since users can do it from 71+ and won't have those.
    But the fact that it isn't queueable means that not anybody 71+ will be allowed to even go. They CAN tune it to max level and with artifacts in mind because most people running it are going to require 110 as a minimum requirement to get in the group.

While not absolute I would say a good chunk do them. Out of every timewalking I do for that week (50 at the minimum for my characters for the weekly) I see 1 or 2 <100's in the group. Since everyone is scaled to the same it's not a huge issue, but you can tell those who are higher because of legendary procs/artifact abilities.

See above

The only incentive for maximum level characters is the weekly. The rest of the incentive is for anyone since you can get gear (while leveling/fresh), mounts, toys, rep, some profession items.
    Yeah but isn't the gear item level 900? It looks like it's made for level 110s to get geared up quicker.

Eh, I wouldn't say that as much. Timewalking is they design for anyone above the previous level cap of that timewalking period because everyone gets scaled down to it regardless. It's not like they retuned BC, Wrath and Cata because we now have artifacts, more legendaries, etc on our hands.
    See above above again. The fact that it isn't queuable like the other dungeons means that they've made this one in mind with level cap since it's very unlikely a group will allow a bunch of low levels in.
    Last edited by Hctaz; 2017-05-18 at 06:09 AM.

But the fact that it isn't queueable means that not anybody 71+ will be allowed to even go. They CAN tune it to max level and with artifacts in mind because most people running it are going to require 110 as a minimum requirement to get in the group.
    You are missing the point. Why does it have to be max level? The gear dropping in there won't be as appealing to 110's. Will there groups that say "Be X level"? Sure, but that doesn't stop someone from making a group of low levels going in there. Unless you make it strictly 110 only can enter your plan doesn't work. You would also have to make it enticing so people would consider it an option rather than Dauntless/Relinquished/LFR/WQ gear.

See above
    I did. The above didn't answer anything about it since timewalking is designed from the get go to be +1 level higher than that expansions timewalking.

Yeah but isn't the gear item level 900? It looks like it's made for level 110s to get geared up quicker.
    Yes, because one week event every X weeks is designed to be "gear up / catch-up mechanic" when Tomb of Sargeras LFR drops 905+ gear. LFR would be your gear up quicker, not a timewalking raid.

See above above again. The fact that it isn't queuable like the other dungeons means that they've made this one in mind with level cap since it's very unlikely a group will allow a bunch of low levels in.
    No, just because it's "not" queuable doesn't mean they designed it for max level only. That would be if they say only 110's can queue for it. You are assuming something that isn't there. The only thing the queuer does is making it so you can hit a button, afk and it auto finds you one rather than relying on people to invite you.

You haven't explained either why people won't invite a lower level anyway. They will be scaled down just the same. Also, doesn't stop people from lower levels making their own group either.

You haven't explained either why people won't invite a lower level anyway. They will be scaled down just the same. Also, doesn't stop people from lower levels making their own group either.
    Why would you let level 71s in the group? They don't have all their abilities and they don't have any artifact traits. Asmongold invited a group of 910+ and they still wiped occasionally. I see it being extremely hard if you aren't 100 at least. Honestly I hope they keep it that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    I can confirm that the Black Temple Timewalking Raid will not be queueable!

Confirmed on PTR, could not queue could only make a group.

This is great news, this iconic raid should not be on a queue at all, and it will take actual skill to complete.

I'm extremely happy Blizzard hasnt changed any of the mechanics either. Huge nostalga for me!

Source:

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    When Burning Crusade Timewalking is active, premade groups of 10-30 players may queue for Black Temple Timewalking by speaking to Vormu in Shattrath City.
    what skill ? the power creep will make sure no skill will be required in any of the bossess.
    "The speed of light is faster than the speed of sound.
    That's why so many people look smart until they start talking."

FC-0404-6893-4293 Fire safari Larvesta/Growlithe/Braixen IGN: X Archimand, Y Shina.

guy think that PTR is the real game lol

it will be hard at first (not balanced like always)

people will QQ

blizz will nerf

profit

Why would you let level 71s in the group? They don't have all their abilities and they don't have any artifact traits. Asmongold invited a group of 910+ and they still wiped occasionally. I see it being extremely hard if you aren't 100 at least. Honestly I hope they keep it that way.
    why? if the rewards arent good enough (and TW rewards from dungs arent good enough, especially when some item stands out, then gets nerfed immediately) then 110s would have very little reason to go there, while the other level ranges wouldnt be permitted in, whats the point of the event then?

Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz View Post
    why? if the rewards arent good enough (and TW rewards from dungs arent good enough, especially when some item stands out, then gets nerfed immediately) then 110s would have very little reason to go there, while the other level ranges wouldnt be permitted in, whats the point of the event then?
    It gives item level 900 gear that can warforge up to 915. Less than LFR sure but it's something you can do immediately when it's available assuming it happens before LFR Tomb comes out all the way.

I will eat my hat if Blizzard put the effort into setting up BT for timewalking and then don't make it queueable like every single other timewalking instance in history. I don't care what the current state of the PTR is. If that's how they launch it, it will be the most astonishing development I have yet seen in this game.

Ok, I guess you are missing the point of Timewalking Burning Crusade is geared for 71+ toons. That's all they will balance it around.

Also, being 910+ means literally nothing. Even if they had a good chunk of their artifact abilities and they are still constantly wiping that tells Blizzard they overtuned it.

The instance drops 900 gear it is geared for people who aren't geared.

It won't be extremely hard just because people want it to be. Stop wanting it to be like Burning Crusade difficulty. It will never be there and only reason it was that hard then was because of different reasons.

It gives item level 900 gear that can warforge up to 915. Less than LFR sure but it's something you can do immediately when it's available assuming it happens before LFR Tomb comes out all the way.
    Wrong, gear can warforge/titanforge up to the ilvl cap which is currently 925. Once Tomb hits it gets bumped.

Also, immediately in this case is wrong as well. The next Burning Crusade timewalking is even on the calendar as it stops around June 27th. So the odds are that it'll be up with Tomb LFR is halfway or even first wing is open which would be easier to access anyway since it's constant and will be more active. The other relies on a specific week.
    Last edited by Lucetia; 2017-05-18 at 07:54 AM.

Wrong, gear can warforge/titanforge up to the ilvl cap which is currently 925. Once Tomb hits it gets bumped.
    No, timeforged gear (from dungeons, we don't know about the raid yet) can proc exactly 15 itemlevels. Not more, not less.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hyphnos View Post
    Return to Karazhan "wasn't queueable" and then people didn't use it and lo and behold it was.
    This.

And that was just a few month ago..... now if there is the same problem again with tw bt, they will come up with the same solution. Again.

Quote Originally Posted by Groh View Post
    This.

And that was just a few month ago..... now if there is the same problem again with tw bt, they will come up with the same solution. Again.
    This is so true. I find when it comes to queued content, those that dislike it tend to be extremely vocal, enough that for now, they're listened too. The silent majority look at it, groan...and don't do it.

Blizz see the stats, realize that more people avoid the queue than embrace it, and make plans to let us queue.

I mean, the alternative is, I just search for "black temple" in the custom group thing and keep applying until some random groups accepts me, and away I go (which is basically random queueing but more annoying).

Guilds want to preplan this stuff, those of us that don't want to...we kind of don't want to or we'd be in guilds and wouldn't care about any of this due to having preformed groups.
    You must show no mercy, Nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you: For your greatness will silence them all!
    -Warrior Wisdom