Poll: Rate Legion (honestly)

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Best? No. It's very good at some parts and the worst at others. I like the WQ concept, but assigning RNG loot at paragon caches is bad. I like the artifact progression, but i hate the overwhelming change of classes and the lack of balance it brought. I like the order halls and the talents and the mission table, but i hate the LOOOOONG profession chains and the rng in obtaining star ranks. I like the templates in instanced PvP, but i hate the totally fucked up WPvP. The legendary system is a fail, since it locks you on one spec (along with the AP) and the rng can determine various degrees of performance. Mythic+ is not my pot, but i wouldn't consider it a bad thing.

Most annoying is the hidden goal of Blizzard putting us in a grind supported by RNG to stay subbed. Personally if that degree of RNG didn't exist i'd stay subbed. As long as time passes i find myself slowly appalled by it and thoughts of unsubbing are creeping up.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like this expansion but there are things which I don't like:

-Professions. Utter. Shit. Shit. Utter. Shit.
    -Legendaries are the new epic (I predict we soon get a new colour indicator for items, like pink which goes between epic and legendary)
    -toystoystoystoystoystoystoystoystoystoystoystoystoystoys

Otherwise pretty much nice!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pie Eater View Post
    Have you read the planned frost mage "nerfs" ?!? It's like nerfing a hangman's rope by coloring it blue.
    Mr. Smith about the cost of Triple-spec
    3k gold right off the bat, about 5 silver a week later.

This is by far the worst. I started in TBC and have played through them all except Legion. Even the thought of coming back seems too much. I even rank WoD ahead of Legion because the only thing that made WoD unbearable was that we didnt get any new content because of Legion.

Throughput is too Grindy and random. Many classes lost baseline abilities that are talent "choices". Half the player base has quit before the first tier ended.

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    I didn't leave it out I ignored it because of how silly it was, if you want to discard raids with only a few bosses then you have to discard Trial of Valor too, which means Legion only has two raids (going on three) which makes it look even worse by comparison.
    You are the one trying to make it sound as if Wotlk has more content to do, when in fact, the boss count looks out to be pretty similar, and as I said, you forgot to count world bosses, many of which are similar in mechanics to many, many of the easier bosses in Wotlk raids. By your logic, if an expansion comes out, and releases 10 bosses, all in 10 different raids, that would be that it has the most raid content of any expansion ever. See how silly YOUR point was? If you don't then there is no need to talk about this any further.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valaut View Post
    You are the one trying to make it sound as if Wotlk has more content to do
    I don't think anyone can seriously deny WotLK had more content to do than Legion or WoD lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Valaut View Post
    you forgot to count world bosses
    You run up to it, you find a group via the tool, you stand behind it for ~60 seconds, it dies.

I don't count Legion world bosses because they are essentially elites with big health pools, they aren't even comparable to previous expansion world bosses let alone actual raid bosses.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    Half the player base has quit before the first tier ended.
    In fairness it's only really the new expansion surge to the player base that's fallen, subs are probably no worse than they were at the end of WoD.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathquoi View Post
    How was there more to do at max level in Wrath than Legion?
    There wasn't, outside of argent tournament cosmetics or gold, once you were done with dailies, you were done. (Argent Tournament+ICC lasted 15 months)

Now at exalted Legion, there's AP/pet battle/order hall stuff, even if your done with gear (which isn't set in stone due to titanforges).

Purely speaking of world-content here.

Also even while it's not strict "content" , collecting transmog via the library is another activity that has you go back in old contents.
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-05-17 at 02:36 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    6/10

Great lore, and finally feels like the overall story arc has kicked off again after a couple of expacs where there was much treading of water.

Artifact weapons were a nice change initially, but really starting to miss the excitement of a new weapon drop, or being able to use a main/off hand combo rather than a staff ALL THE TIME. Relic upgrades are meh on the excitement level when they drop imo.

And the fucking AP grind. Jesus Christ on a fucking bike, what a huge fucking mistake this was. AP, order resources and their associated WQs are purely busy work to cover lack of content otherwise. Hopefully there's none of this shit in the next expac.

Forging of loot is another huge mistake. Feels great when it rarely happens with an important piece of gear, but when you farm a boss for weeks to see a specific piece drop, then it drops again the following week titanforged 30 ilevel higher and someone else gets it? Fuck that shit.

Too much RNG and grind to rate any higher than a 6 I'm afraid.

It's an okish 6 to 7 out of 10.

The initial questing was not memorable at all except Val'sharah. WoD's questing experience was far superior (it being the best part of that expac for me). Zones are kinda meh. Each expac had a zone/s I really enjoyed and would go back to from time to time. Can't see myself visiting Broken Isles in the next expac.

Legendaries. Huge negative. Probably lost 2 points on this alone. I really hope they scrap this in the next expac.

The AP grind does not bother me that much. It's something to do at least.

The lore is ok so far but just not on par with MoP/WotLK for me.

The biggest plus in Legion so far for me is Karazhan. Really loved what they did with it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iNUKE View Post
    What do you guys think?

I mean Ive played every single expansion since woltk and I loved them all (not so much wod), but I think what blizzard made with Legion has a lot of potential to be one of the best expansions.

If they keep it in this direction and make a new a bigger world the next expansion will be the best ever.
    Short answer, no.

A bit longer answer? Oh well uh... how about all of It's features Including:

World Quests
    Artifact Power
    Legendaries
    Artifact weapons themselves
    Mythic + (Aka WoD's challenge mode)
    Content gating, beginning with Nighthold's LFR being given every 2 weeks Instead of 1 week as was with every LFR before Nighthold, and continuing with 7.2 In a severe way
    No content to speak of after launch

And that's only off the top of my head... none of these things are good for WoW's future, It's clear they're going for the "We'll cator to casuals now, who cares about hardcores" well too bad, because let me tell you one thing... with all the other MMO games, believe me that It's the Hardcore population not the casuals who keep those games afloat. If Blizzard wants to see their game survive they need to cator to Hardcore fans and that'll give them a good minimum population assuming they're doing It right, as well as possibly bringing In more people Interested In spending their time In WoW and actually earning their loot and positions, rather then "Go here, kick squirel nuts, get an epic helmet of kicking"...

Do you get my point? Hardcore > Casual, ofcourse there's many more factors to what they should do to make the game great again, but I feel that's the biggest one, with the smaller ones being a story you can actually invest In and want to see to the end, as was the case with WoW until the end of Wrath where most felt their WoW story ended with Arthas' death and Cataclysm and onward offering nothing of good value, and the characters we got In WoW proved to be less than Interesting to stay around for and see how they develop... and even If you did stay around they turned all characters upside down, Jaina turned evil, Garrosh turned evil (They looked to have a more honourable and good Intent with him, that's what the Stonetalon Cataclysm storyline tells me at the very least but then changed him to hurr durr I'm evil I want to conquer everything).
    Permabanned on WoW since April 14th 2015, main acc I had since vanilla gone and trashed for no good reason, 6+ years later still banned with more appeals resulting in my BATTLENET games being suspended for a month eachtime I try making TICKETS because I'm asking for help with the perma ban. Blizzard has stopped caring for their first veteran players and would rather we leave, considering the Lawsuit, can you afford to keep peps banned even for so long under questionable circumstances?

I'm not sure.

Deleted
    Story-wise its very bad (Horde wise)
    Gameplay-wise not the best to mutch RNG
    New features well world quest is improvement as is scaling zones - micro holydays are a waist of time in my opinion.
    Then we got patches that is pretty good atm.

So for me its 50-50 atm so i rate Legion a 5.

10+ Year Old Account
    I give it a 7. As there is some very glaring issues holding it back. Granted they have made some adjustments, but these things mark it down for me:

AP Grind for all specs. This really makes it a lengthy process to grind out needed AP if you swap specs regularly. I play a Pally main, and this drove me nuts until I finally got decent Artifact knowledge. Yes grinding is part of an MMO, and some changes have happened, but this is still WAY more tedious then it needs to be.

Class design. - Some changes were great and needed, but many classes were neutered or watered down to a shell of what they used to be. I still play my Ret and BM Hunter, but I find them to be lacking and having to talent to get talents that used to be baseline irks me a little.

Besides those issues, there is plenty to do, which I like, plus raiding and dungeons have kept me interested as well. I also give credit to Blizz for the update to Transmog. Making it a tab with collections was a much needed change and freed up ALOT of bank space on all my toons.

Some FBs always think that the latest expansion is the best ever made. They first claimed that WoD was the best ever, and now they think Legion is the best ever, which is hardly the case of course.

Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    Some FBs always think that the latest expansion is the best ever made. They first claimed that WoD was the best ever, and now they think Legion is the best ever, which is hardly the case of course.
    Just like haters say the last expansion was the worst, and then a new one comes out and it's the worst.

Do you want to know why? Because the only people that voice their opinion on the internet is the one that either HATE or LOVE something. The big majority who think the game is good but not great or bad but not awful are never considered.

I said 8/10. I've been less active in this expansion than the past ones, but I'm always appreciative how Blizzard trying new things. Some work and some other don't, actually, even when things work, there's always ways to make it better, and I like the fact that Blizz take every expansion as an opportunity to try new things. I wouldn't like an expansion that sticks to the same thing and increase the level cap. Every time feels like somewhat of a new game and it's refreshing for a while, even when it can be frustrating when a new gameplay feature isn't really working.

This expansion had some pretty amazing features. I mean, level scaling is awesome, and it just works, simple, yet it has the potential to change how we see the whole game, if they decide to expand it to the whole leveling experience, I'm sure they are thinking about it. Legendaries are controversial, but only for the minority who were very unlucky, in the competitive raiding scene, because honestly, it only matters to mythic people, which is a dying breed I heard. I really dig World Quest. End game used to mean: do the same 20 daily quests, in the exact same order, like production line job. Some people like it, but one thing no one can deny, is that it was repetitive. Now world quest makes it that you no longer need to do everything, actually, at a certain point, you barely have to do any of them, just the AP one if you are really looking for it. My general mindset is just, do a couple, but in 3 days I will be able to do half as much for the same reward, so I let myself fall behind (except for those key artifact traits, most of them award you something like .5% maximum damage output, which is insignificant for 99.999% of players.

Quote Originally Posted by Morbownz View Post
    This is the first expansion since WotLK that I've raided at Hardmode/Mythic level, obviously the best content the game has to offer feels like it was designed for players like me. Raiding has lead to me re-subbing (not token) and playing since launch, honestly this is the only way I can play WoW and stick to it. All of my friends quit earlier on out of boredom just like they did in WoD/MoP and Cata, they are/were casual players.

For raiders I'd say it's probably business as usual, for casuals I still think the game fails to deliver.

8/10 from a Raider's point of view.
    For raiders it is one of the worst. Mythic + has wiped out a large chunk of the raider players, the AP grind got a bunch of others.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

I can't rate this expansion; everything that ISN'T raiding is quite enjoyable. Legion is LITERALLY WoW upside down.

if you love diablo 3 clone and korean grind for ap, yeah this shit is for you, i play it again juste because my guild friends play it

the game is just about AP and leg dropping, they are hiding the fact that the game is empty without that

Quote Originally Posted by Bisso View Post
    Just like haters say the last expansion was the worst, and then a new one comes out and it's the worst.

Do you want to know why? Because the only people that voice their opinion on the internet is the one that either HATE or LOVE something. The big majority who think the game is good but not great or bad but not awful are never considered.

I said 8/10. I've been less active in this expansion than the past ones, but I'm always appreciative how Blizzard trying new things. Some work and some other don't, actually, even when things work, there's always ways to make it better, and I like the fact that Blizz take every expansion as an opportunity to try new things. I wouldn't like an expansion that sticks to the same thing and increase the level cap. Every time feels like somewhat of a new game and it's refreshing for a while, even when it can be frustrating when a new gameplay feature isn't really working.

This expansion had some pretty amazing features. I mean, level scaling is awesome, and it just works, simple, yet it has the potential to change how we see the whole game, if they decide to expand it to the whole leveling experience, I'm sure they are thinking about it. Legendaries are controversial, but only for the minority who were very unlucky, in the competitive raiding scene, because honestly, it only matters to mythic people, which is a dying breed I heard. I really dig World Quest. End game used to mean: do the same 20 daily quests, in the exact same order, like production line job. Some people like it, but one thing no one can deny, is that it was repetitive. Now world quest makes it that you no longer need to do everything, actually, at a certain point, you barely have to do any of them, just the AP one if you are really looking for it. My general mindset is just, do a couple, but in 3 days I will be able to do half as much for the same reward, so I let myself fall behind (except for those key artifact traits, most of them award you something like .5% maximum damage output, which is insignificant for 99.999% of players.
    Yeah i agree with you, I'm just talking about a few fanatics who always behave that way. As for Legion, it's a 7/10 for me. Solid expac, but definitely not the best.

10+ Year Old Account
    can we PLEASE wait first until the expansion ends before we judge !?
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power