Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Obliterum cap with 7.2.5

Did we know anything about the expected itemlvl "bump" for crafted items \ upgrade with Obliterum in 7.2.5?

Thank you

Nothing so far, making crafted gear utterly worthless. LFR will drop gear 25 iLevels higher. Way to keep crafted gear 'relevant', Blizz.

The reason for that is simple.
    Lack of forced equip restriction.
    Otherwise you could go all crafted outside of tier or legendaries, which blizzard doesn't want.
    They IMO made a mistake not implementing that restriction.
    A 2 or 3 item restriction would have allowed them to be more competitive.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Deleted
    Mmm, thats a shame, i mean. In this way crafted gear became only a way for fast-equipping alts. They should give professions more credit, not in a level that the game become "pay-to-win", but valorize the profession itself at least.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    Nothing so far, making crafted gear utterly worthless. LFR will drop gear 25 iLevels higher. Way to keep crafted gear 'relevant', Blizz.
    What's your definition of relevant, out of curiosity? I find crafted gear irrelevant on the basis that you need bloods to upgrade shit; but if that wasn't the case I'd be pretty chuffed going form dinging 110 to full 875 plus two 940 crafted legendaries instantly. That alone puts me at 880 ilvl, opening up 860 world quests/860 pvp rewards and jump straight into normal/hc ToV

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashtwo View Post
    What's your definition of relevant, out of curiosity? I find crafted gear irrelevant on the basis that you need bloods to upgrade shit; but if that wasn't the case I'd be pretty chuffed going form dinging 110 to full 875 plus two 940 crafted legendaries instantly. That alone puts me at 880 ilvl, opening up 860 world quests/860 pvp rewards and jump straight into normal/hc ToV
    There's only 1 crafted legendary per armor type FYI. Using 2 is silly as you lose your 5% bonus from breaking all plate/mail etc.
    (We don't know where the rings come from yet)

Anyway, 860 WQ will be mostly irrelevant after 7.2.5, LFR will drop 885-895.

PvP Season 4 likely also goes to something like 875 combatant 885 Gladiator. (random stats,versatility heavy)

Nethershard gear has nice catchup now, and isn't going away in 7.2.5 or beyond. (still mega random what you get but you can pick slots)

870 order hall set, still gated behind reps and dungeons, and only a small chance that your class gets a WQ with an upgrade token, but could be handy to fill in 1-2 slots for new characters when lucky on WQs (If you have 12 characters, 1 of each class, the chance for a relevant WQ is much higher of course)

Still imo, 875 crafted gear is too expensive with how easy similar itemlevel is gotten, of course, 1 advantage of crafted gear is, you choose what stats you want before upgrading :P

Now if we look at normal or higher ToS loot, crafted gear is even further behind.
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-05-12 at 12:34 PM.

Boohoo you can't buy/sell an entire set of gear equivalent to the newest raid the day it comes out. Your life is so terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamsus View Post
    Did we know anything about the expected itemlvl "bump" for crafted items \ upgrade with Obliterum in 7.2.5?

Thank you
    It's probably somewhere between useless and total shit only your alt will use.

Nice crafting xpack, very wow, much impress.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Otherwise you could go all crafted outside of tier or legendaries, which blizzard doesn't want.
    I wish they would change their mind. I've never understood why they don't improve the crafting system beyond what it is, make it interesting so that you have to visit different parts of the world or old raids for materials, etc. and a more central part of the game. "Oh, man, we can't let them wear gear they make themselves...". FFS.

Lesser pieces would be BOE but more relevant than they are now and others of a much higher quality would need more mats and be restricted to whoever crafted them.

Win all around. Instead we get this and that stupid PVP business at the start of the expansion.

People playing the game to get gear. What a concept.

Again, FFS.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2017-05-12 at 11:53 PM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    I wish they would change their mind. I've never understood why they don't improve the crafting system beyond what it is, make it interesting and a more central part of the game. "Oh, man, we can't let them wear gear they make themselves...". FFS.

Lesser pieces would be BOE but more relevant than they are now and others of a much higher quality would need more mats and be restricted to whoever crafted them.

Win all around.

People playing the game to get gear. What a concept.

Again, FFS.
    I agree.
    Crafting is a mess, for many reasons.
    I will list a few issues I see in particular.

Ranks - simply makes lower ranks undesirable.
    Instead should have been recipes with better effects, instead of reduced materials.
    Would anyone seeking crafting have a good reason to seek out a lower rank ?
    No.

Progression - difficult to progress at low levels and while levelling.
    Instead we just skip that, wait till cap or near cap and use catch-ups to avoid most of it.
    Low level crafting should be realistic for low level characters, such that it can complement gear from dungeons or quests, fill in holes when RNG does not favour you with dungeon drops.

White gear drops - trash purely for levelling skill, and a waste.
    Each item should be something another player would actually have reason to buy or craft for their own use.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    They IMO made a mistake not implementing that restriction.
    A 2 or 3 item restriction would have allowed them to be more competitive.
    No, the entire expansion you've been able to craft yourself to Normal Mode raids or close (5 iLevels lower). It's just now that theyre going to leave crafting 20-30 iLevels behind.

No one is asking for craftable Heroic or Mythic level gear. Im certainly not.

But lower than LFR? It's useless. It's more work and time invested to get a piece of gear to the cap than it is to PuG a normal raid. That's absurd.

It wasn't broke... so why are they "fixing it" now?

Quote Originally Posted by Ashtwo View Post
    .. I dont see the issue.

And the bloods keep you from doing that. As intended (though you can get the shoulder enchant on a new toon and hit 110 with 50-60 bloods to get a head start).

The amount of effort someone has to put in to get the gear to higher iLevel is much more than just afking in LFR will be in Tomb.

Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    Still imo, 875 crafted gear is too expensive with how easy similar itemlevel is gotten, of course, 1 advantage of crafted gear is, you choose what stats you want before upgrading :P

Now if we look at normal or higher ToS loot, crafted gear is even further behind.
    Yerp.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazuchika View Post
    Boohoo you can't buy/sell an entire set of gear equivalent to the newest raid the day it comes out. Your life is so terrible.
    .. you can't sell it anyway. Do you even understand how crafted gear works? Way to miss the point entirely.

No one is asking for Heroic or Mythic level gear.

But so far this entire xpac youve been able to be within shouting distance of Normal raid iLevel with crafted (usually the same ilevel or 5 lower). Considering you could get "perfect" stats in every slot, that's a fair tradeoff. No set bonuses either, good, again, fair trade.

There's no reason to all of a sudden force people down "RAID OR DIE" when it hasn't been that way the entire xpac.

As it was, Crafted gear could fill in spots you hadn't gotten good drops for - it will now no longer be able to do that as it will be THIRTY iLevels behind Normal raids - or, if you didn't raid, let you get a solid base of gear that put you at "roughly" Normal mode raid iLevel (for a lot more effort/expense/time spent, in most regards) to do Mythic 5s or whatever content you wanted to do.

Now theyre just throwing that away. For no reason.

I wouldn't even care if the next step or two up that would theoretically launch with Tomb would be harder to do - not just Oblit + 2 bloods - maybe 2 Oblit, X bloods + a new crafted item that also requires bloods or whatever, or even requires raid/mythic + drop materials that are tradeable. Make it harder. Fine.

But just all of a sudden relegating crafting to shit-tier when it has been semi-viable (if boring) so far is just dumb as all fuck.

I still use my crafted neck from the first weeks of expansion, genuinely not had anything better drop. The socket, perfect stats and secondary bonus make it quite attractive despite low ilvl at 875, would be nice to see it raised to 880 or 885 though.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Anyway, 860 WQ will be mostly irrelevant after 7.2.5, LFR will drop 885-895.
    Pretty reasonable to assume that WQ itemlvls will increase in lock-step. Probably cap at 875 in 7.2.5. Has anyone tested it?

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Pretty reasonable to assume that WQ itemlvls will increase in lock-step. Probably cap at 875 in 7.2.5. Has anyone tested it?
    Actually, for the entire expansion so far the WQ gear ilvl has been based off your current equipped ilvl.

There's still time to fix this, though. They can just make a new cap relevant and only allow two-three pieces of gear to go that high. Similar to the alternative tokens introduced in Draenor. Once the item reaching ilevel 875-880, it gains a qualifier that makes it unique (2 or 3). Problem solved. Now you can pick 3 items based on your gear/equipment, etc and raise them to be raid equivalent/relevant. Although, I would probably still limit the viability to ilevel 900-910ish.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alkavar View Post
    Actually, for the entire expansion so far the WQ gear ilvl has been based off your current equipped ilvl.
    Agreed, but there is a cap at (I believe) 870 before wf/tf (not including pvp gear). Pushing it to 885 would make sense and allow people to jump into mythic+ to reach for the higher levels like 11+

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkavar View Post
    Not true at all, it still capped at 830-835 for EN, 840-845 for ToV, 855-860 for NH

Yes it goes all the way down to 805 but not higher. You could be 925 equip and still see 855-860 WQ...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edlarel View Post

Agreed, but there is a cap at (I believe) 870 before wf/tf (not including pvp gear). Pushing it to 885 would make sense and allow people to jump into mythic+ to reach for the higher levels like 11+
    7.2: PvP battleground gear caps at 870, WQ at 860, 880 from obliterating pvp gear/nethershards, 875 upgrading crafted. As far as "solo" content goes that's it.

But I do expect a raise on WQ (875-880ish), Crafted (885) , Season 4 (875 combatant, 885 gladiator, 895 obliterated/rated pvp)

The jump between NH and ToS is 30 itemlevel. About the same as EN to NH (which was 25 itemlevel)

So far since EN pvp gear went up 30, WQ went up 25, and crafted gear 40.

Keep in mind, Mythic raiders/High rated PVP will be the highest chance for 955, which is the new TF cap. and 970 legendaries, so really 900 itself becoming more baseline then exception, and for Argus even more common to likely see 910-920, with 985 TF, 1000 legendary.

Do I have a problem with more ppl getting mage tower/brawlers guild done? not at all
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-05-16 at 02:33 PM.

Deleted
    Not true at all, it still capped at 830-835 for EN, 840-845 for ToV, 855-860 for NH
    Yes, the raids are still capped at the fixed values, but the quote was about the World Quest gear. They do scale dynamically based on your ilevel up to the WQ cap.

But I do expect a raise on WQ (875-880ish), Crafted (885) , Season 4 (875 combatant, 885 gladiator, 895 obliterated/rated pvp)
    Yeah, what this person said , then just apply my suggestion of letting crafted go higher but limit them once they reach such ilevels.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    Yes, the raids are still capped at the fixed values, but the quote was about the World Quest gear. They do scale dynamically based on your ilevel up to the WQ cap.
    Fair enough. Of course a new character will still see 805-820ish WQ (with 800 heirlooms in 7.2.5), timewalking right now is 850-865, dauntless gear 850, so getting closer to the (new) WQ cap will be fairly quick :P

For 7.3 they probabably raise the dungeon/heroic/mythic baseline itemlevels again, when releasing 1-2 new argus 5 mans along with it.

No one is asking for Heroic or Mythic level gear.
    and thats a mistake - histricaly crafting offered hc quality loot up untill legion with expetion of first few months of WoD. other games offer close to best gear from crafting too - only blizzard in order to defend usless content aka hc/mythic raids limits it instead give players a choice.