Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    No matter how much talent or drive initially, money helps make this self-sustaining. There is no money in WoW endgame because the most exciting portion, the progression race, is hidden from viewers until it's over.

I wish a top guild like Method would just say fuck it, stream progression, build hype, and generate some money to sustain the rest of the tier.

But that's just me.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    I don't think it's too much to ask people to give feedback based on actual abilities/testing, not hyperbole. (Celestalon)

sco was not the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Zherec View Post
    Good riddance. Lost all respect towards them early in Legion when I had two from their roster afk during all of a Violet Hold HC, only running to loot the bosses and (obviously) blocking all kick attempts.
    Oh no a guy with 2 posts over 5 years on this site has lost all respect for them. Boy I bet Kuznam is just gonna have a week of sleepless nights when he reads this.

Just kidding they don't care about your opinion and neither does anyone else in this thread quite frankly.

Deleted
    All the top guilds are monitoring each other. To be the best guild requires burn-out-farming all the time. Every single ilvl and every single trait level matters in the upper bracket. To do the same stuff day after day after day combined with the fear of falling back if several people are taking rest for some days in the preparation phase is a completely insane circumstance. The risk of burn-out is increased and it requires (as we see) only a few members leaving to bring a guild to fall. The time investment needed to be one of the worlds best guilds is 100.000 times higher than in any single xpac before. Priorities are shifting easier under such circumstances and real life or other virtual projects can become more attractive. Switching guilds on that niveau isnt easy as well. Method should not be able to catch up the major part of serenity and all the other ones will never find the same joy in guilds raiding one step lower.
    Last edited by mmoca163a27034; 2017-05-18 at 04:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CptEgo View Post
    You almost forget that this whole thing is about a fucking video game. Why does anyone give a shit about what these fucking nerds are doing or saying?
    I know you from a different universe, don't do that thing you were gonna do.
    Mistweaver Monk |
    "Those who lead through fear only stay in power while those they govern lack courage." ~ Lorewalker Cho

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimson View Post
    7.2.5 hasn't released yet. Since 7.2, though, you're right. If you grind AP it just means you hit Concordance faster than most others, but with 3 weeks until ToS that's not exactly gamechanging. I expect most people who do a minimum of activity are probably at or near 50 points right now.

As others have said I feel bad for the people in Method and Serenity who have to find a new home this close to the raid release.
    Zoibert the Bear <= He's a bear, and he only plays about 4-5 hours a week. He's at level 50.

So your expectations are spot on!

Quote Originally Posted by Manhands View Post
    No matter how much talent or drive initially, money helps make this self-sustaining. There is no money in WoW endgame because the most exciting portion, the progression race, is hidden from viewers until it's over.

I wish a top guild like Method would just say fuck it, stream progression, build hype, and generate some money to sustain the rest of the tier.

But that's just me.
    build hype around wiping 300 times and reapeating the same actions over and over again whole week long ?

i guess there is a tiny percentage of audience who would find entertainment in watching paint dry but this would require some hardcore masochistic fans to watch -_-

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kazuchika View Post
    Oh no a guy with 2 posts over 5 years on this site has lost all respect for them. Boy I bet Kuznam is just gonna have a week of sleepless nights when he reads this.

Just kidding they don't care about your opinion and neither does anyone else in this thread quite frankly.
    you care enough to answear to him so clearly there is at least 1 person caring what his opinion is -_-

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    build hype around wiping 300 times and reapeating the same actions over and over again whole week long ?

i guess there is a tiny percentage of audience who would find entertainment in watching paint dry but this would require some hardcore masochistic fans to watch -_-
    I think you underestimate the twitch community on this one. As others have mentioned, Rikh streamed progression stuff, I myself watched during Cenarius wipes, and if I recall there were a fair amount of viewers.

Hearing a hardcore progression guilds voice comms and seeing how progression fights are learned by the best, is something the average raider will never experience, and I do believe there's a market for it on Twitch (although no data to prove so). If you combine the above with a likeable streamer, who can interact with the chat between pulls, then I think you can have an entertaining stream.

This can then be extended, after progression is done, to switch to having raids with viewer interaction, maybe giving them the opportunity to join a farm raid, run mythic + with them, give away merchandise, or whatever you want to do that interacts with your viewers.

Deleted
    Holy shit who carrs about competitive raiding anyway honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by Iconja View Post
    you do enough to post in a thread about it

Deleted

Thank you for your well thought out response. I assume such excellence in rebuttal can only be attained by painstaking honing of argumentative skills over thousands and thousands of post. I am honored that you cared enough to answer to me, when no one else did.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Buildapanda View Post
    I know you from a different universe, don't do that thing you were gonna do.
    I love playing WoW myself, but as a casual player. And casually is really the only way a person should be playing any video game. Caring this much is just unhealthy.

Deleted
    Godt for sporten.

You clearly care when you seem to upset to point out his comment.
    AFK in a dungeon is disrespectful and no one should be above that regardless of what guild they are in.
    Bad player afk = 0 dps.
    Serenity player afk = 0 dps.

Does not matter if you are serenity or random joe schmoe if you afk you deserve the hate.
    But i guess people don't have spines anymore and just go on with the fanboysm.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post

- - - Updated - - -

you care enough to answear to him so clearly there is at least 1 person caring what his opinion is -_-
    brah people like treckie stream progression with their top 50000 guild and get 5k viewers, method players would be pulling like 10k each.

Deleted
    Guess some of them finally realized (it took them only 12 years) what an utter waste of time HC raiding and WoW in general is.

Quote Originally Posted by Yindoo View Post
    You are a few years behind, its Mythic Raiding since 2014
    HC = Hardcore.

Quote Originally Posted by Iconja View Post
    You cared enough to make a post about how you don't care about it.

http://www.twitch.tv/hammerpairs 7/7 Mythic EN / 3/3 Mythic ToV / 10/10 Mythic NH / 9/9 Mythic ToS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmNLMo4vcI some old school CM fun
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."

Quote Originally Posted by vkpush View Post
    I feel bad for Viklund who's a buddy with Fragnance etc and got left behind. I watched his stream while he was playing Tibia and he had said to his friend (in Swedish) that his "Career is over", because his friend asked him "why is your career over?" (in Swedish). And was just quiet for like 15 mins before ending the stream. Like it's probably extremely hard finding a top-top guild that could net him enough viewers (like Serenity tag could) to sustain a streaming career and that's probably what he's referring too. Feelsbad getting your dreams crushed so suddenly.
    Why feel bad about that? He's had how long to build his stream as more than just a Serenity raider. He has the viewer base to branch out and not just be known because of his guild. If he hasn't been able to market himself without the tag of a top world guild behind him than it's good that his streaming career is over and he doesn't waste more time on it because it wouldn't be much of a career anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Never heard of this guild before. Hopefully they do well wherever they end up.