Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    As a guy from Northern Ireland who voted to Brexit , fuck right off, thanks.
    Well sorry for you, as per established precedence, were NI to join RoI, the NI would be a member of the EU by virtue of the RoI's membership.
    Not only did we have the fucking Troubles for decades in which we quite fucking clearly said "NO THANKS" with the help of guns and bombs and the army to the idea of reunifying Ireland, but we voted, democratically, to leave the EU.
    No you didn't.
    NI, Voted to stay, and were NI to vote to join, Your opinion wouldn't matter.
    Please stop looking for ways to circumvent democracy
    You do know that your are the one insisting that the NI is not a sovereign body?
    , its laughable. I know that the EU isn't very fond of democracy, but here in the UK we actually care about it quite a lot.
    Yeah, the Tories have 51% of the seats with 36% of the vote in the last GE - That's not 'democracy' that's faux-democracy.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    It's not even an offer, it's a statement of fact. "if the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland were to unite under the state of the former, the EU has no problem recognizing that and keeping them in the EU". It's the same with the statement that "If Scotland seceded from the United Kingdom, since it has never joined the EU as a separate state it would have to be admitted as a new state". It's a clarification of an obvious legal circumstance. Can you construe intent from it politically? Sure you can, you can do that from everything after all. It doesn't change the fact that it is NOT an offer.
    Yes, it is a theoretical answer and necessary because of the way civil law works: Explore the possibilities and set the rules first, not make them up as you go as in common law.
    It is just a clarification on the legal situation, there is no intend in it on the side of the ones answering, possibly not even on the side of the ones asking the question.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    So....

Anyone wanna take a stab at the EU blocking a country making laws to protect it's own people?

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/...eastern-rebels

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommi View Post
    So....

Anyone wanna take a stab at the EU blocking a country making laws to protect it's own people?

Considering they give no sources for anything i'm a bit sceptical about trusting these "news". At last the descriptions in the slideshow made me chuckle, so thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

So....

Looks like typical anti-EU propaganda just with no sources.
    Are you getting desperate?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    Yes, it is a theoretical answer and necessary because of the way civil law works: Explore the possibilities and set the rules first, not make them up as you go as in common law.
    It is just a clarification on the legal situation, there is no intend in it on the side of the ones answering, possibly not even on the side of the ones asking the question.
    Not entirely sure the English understands that other countries have a different legal system.
    In any case, given Theresa Mays public statements (like she will negotiate with PM's and such from Europe) belies the fact that its abundantly clear, she (or anyone working for her) has not read the Treaties - The exit procedures are clear, its the commission that does the negotiating, not the council.

Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    Not entirely sure the English understands that other countries have a different legal system.
    To be honest I'm a bit disturbed there are people who think it foreign to inquire about about the legalities and possible consequences of an action before taking it.
    It explains a lot, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Gombado View Post
    Wow, atleast the whole brexit thing is showing the e-union what it is; an ill-informed bully that cannot handle any retort

Time to stop enabling this idioticy
    How to you manage to take the 15 or more seconds it must have taken to type this out and hit post, without going "hey, wait a minute..this makes no sense."

Deleted
    So....

The article itself isn't exactly of high quality.
    It seems to be all over the place; lashing out at the EU in every possible way an uneducated person could...

Quote Originally Posted by Gombado View Post
    Wow, atleast the whole brexit thing is showing the e-union what it is; an ill-informed bully that cannot handle any retort

Time to stop enabling this idioticy
    How exactly does making this offer make the EU a bully? O.o
    Last edited by mmocda667d9fcc; 2017-05-18 at 11:04 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Najnaj View Post
    How to you manage to take the 15 or more seconds it must have taken to type this out and hit post, without going "hey, wait a minute..this makes no sense."
    It made more sense when i read e-union as English union.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    It seems to be all over the place; lashing out at the EU in every possible way an uneducated person could...
    Daily Express is basically a slightly different Daily Mail. They called their 'campaign' to leave the EU a crusade.
    Speciation Is Gradual

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post

How exactly does making this offer make the EU a bully? O.o
    Ah, you haven't met Gombando? :P
    Hes as anti-EU as it gets.
    He is worker 25 in a meaningless factory job that he just lost to an emigrant that did not speak the language or had any skills.
    Its the EU's fault that he lost his job and not his though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Interesting deal.