Page 2 of 115 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I hope this is just a shitty trailer. I did like the exchange of "Starfleet doesn't fire first!" "We have to!", so I think it could be better than the trailer shows.

Why does every vulcan that serves in start fleet have to be half human, thats been played out so much.
    It honestly looks shit, i love all star trek and own every box set, but this...this is blah

Since this is before TOS, I wonder if they are going to say "this is how klingons looked before the virus! TOS was what it was during! and then when it was cured, they were mutated to what you know as klingons!"

That is probably the only thing that could pass as an excuse for them looking the way they do.

Quote Originally Posted by aviger View Post
    Why does every vulcan that serves in start fleet have to be half human, thats been played out so much.
    It honestly looks shit, i love all star trek and own every box set, but this...this is blah
    Eh? The guy saying "your tongue is too human" is almost certainly Sarek talking to young Spock.

hey its the reason sasha went off walking dead. she went from one bad show to another!

Quote Originally Posted by Nilinor View Post
    Since this is before TOS, I wonder if they are going to say "this is how klingons looked before the virus! TOS was what it was during! and then when it was cured, they were mutated to what you know as klingons!"

That is probably the only thing that could pass as an excuse for them looking the way they do.
    They always had hair, in their art, and we also have the Kahless clone. So this new hairless version is a direct retcon. Besides, the kingons had the virus that cost them their ridges 100 years before this series even began.

Time to close my eyes assume the fetal position and hope this show dies in the cradle.

10+ Year Old Account
    I see nothing to get excited about.

Deleted
    Well, it's got an immigrant child, a woman whose skin color and species makes her fitting in much harder, a couple of powerful female characters, not a single relatable male character (powerful leader type or otherwise)... Yeah, I'm not opposed to any of that, but it sure seems like it's been crammed chock full of these kinds of "issues" and "talking points" from the get go, which leads me to believe the whole purpose of the show and the plot is to preach. Sure, Star Trek has always been great at tackling political, racial and religious issues, and issues of all kinds, but ToS and TNG were vessels for plotlines of that sort, and didn't specifically set out to push an agenda. Things being what they are these days, one has to wonder whether the motivations behind the casting and plot choices weren't a bit similar to the Ghostbusters reboot, or akin to the neo-feminist show Supergirl.

When you try to force it, it just won't work.

Also, there's no USS Enterprise, so it's a lost cause anyhow.

Quote Originally Posted by Nilinor View Post

Well, I mean, this is how the Klingons looked in ToS:

You'd think pre-ToS Klingons would look even more like humans.
    Last edited by mmoc3ff0cc8be0; 2017-05-18 at 11:20 AM.

Speaking of live action tv series....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetstream View Post
    All the articles say that it's set in the TV universe, not the JJverse.
    It wouldn't be the first time a bunch of articles got something wrong. Use your eyes, man. It's the JJverse.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I see nothing to get excited about.
    I concur. This looks like a parody of Star Trek to me... one that's missing core elements. It reminds me of that Star Trek parody cruise ship in the Doctor Who Christmas Special "A Christmas Carol." It takes more than a ship with a saucer and some familiar sound effects...

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    It wouldn't be the first time a bunch of articles got something wrong. Use your eyes, man. It's the JJverse.
    Oh man you're right. It has a budget and doesn't look kinda shit. It can't possibly be original universe like the creators of the show have said it is.

I've seen the light. Because that's what you're basing this on. The lighting.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    You'd think pre-ToS Klingons would look even more like humans.

Welp, I'll just stick to the lovely HD-remastered TNG that Netflix already has...

... and it's clearly set in the JJverse.
    How can something set before TOS be in the JJverse ?

Not a fan of thoes "klingons" though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetstream View Post
    Oh man you're right. It has a budget and doesn't look kinda shit. It can't possibly be original universe like the creators of the show have said it is.

I've seen the light. Because that's what you're basing this on. The lighting.
    The lighting, the costumes, the smart window view screen, the Klingon designs, the list goes on.

Not a fan of the captain in this. These shows are made or broken based on the captain.

1) TNG
    2) TO
    3) DS9
    4) Voyager

Honestly, DS9 and Voyager are tied for the last place. Aside from DS9 being a Babylon 5 ripoff that had worse writing and acting fucking benjamin Sisko. The guy who played him can NOT act. Every scene he was in was atrocious. Thank god for Quark, Elim Garak, Doctor Bashere, and Miles O'Brien. Without them Sisko would have destroyed this show.

Voyager doesn't even need commentary.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    How can something set before TOS be in the JJverse ?
    You mean like the USS Kelvin in Star Trek 2009? The timeline diverged long before Nero's arrival, based on all the visuals and the clear difference in technology.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Aside from DS9 being a Babylon 5 ripoff that had worse writing and acting fucking benjamin Sisko.
    Sisko was brilliant. DS9 and Babylon 5 were created concurrently. One did not rip off the other.

Seems like they try to hard. Kirk over acted and everyone in the trailer seemed to be trying to be all edgy and hard for some reason.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

You mean like the USS Kelvin in Star Trek 2009? The timeline diverged long before Nero's arrival, based on all the visuals and the clear difference in technology.
    What about the USS Kelvin? It's the exact first moment when the timelines diverged. The visuals and the clear difference in technology was also apparent when we went from the 60s TOS to the 80s TNG (or even further). As you said that's just visuals with no influence on the universe.