Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    What a retarded spell. First of all, goodbye mastery scaling for assassination. So the massive mastery everyone has will be near useless, which I feel will be enough to just kill the spec. Then, they make crit important because of seal fate and mutilate, but make this pos spell that devalues crit by a lot. And hey, why not INCREASE the spec ramp up time?! Sounds like a good idea, lets do it.

This is an extremely lazy and uninspired talent that brings nothing to the spec.
    Last edited by mmoc89222f4376; 2017-05-18 at 12:20 AM.

The ramp up for your opener is gonna be huge. I assume the best thing to do will be to cast toxic blade in the last 8s of KB, and KB/ven wont be cast until you deplete all your energy from the pull like we currently do. Right now I end up casting KB at around the 7s mark, casting Toxic blade on the last 8s of KB will double our current opener time. That's insane since I already feel like our ramp up time is very slow.

Quote Originally Posted by Tier539 View Post
    The ramp up for your opener is gonna be huge. I assume the best thing to do will be to cast toxic blade in the last 8s of KB, and KB/ven wont be cast until you deplete all your energy from the pull like we currently do. Right now I end up casting KB at around the 7s mark, casting Toxic blade on the last 8s of KB will double our current opener time. That's insane since I already feel like our ramp up time is very slow.
    This is assuming we still use the legendary shoulders. In ToS, we might ditch them in favor of 4pc/2pc with boots/bracers. Without agonizing poison or 4pc T19, our envenom damage is going to plummet so much that shoulders will hardly be on anyone's priority list.
    Last edited by Kildrazien; 2017-05-18 at 06:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wunju View Post
    What a retarded spell. First of all, goodbye mastery scaling for assassination. So the massive mastery everyone has will be near useless, which I feel will be enough to just kill the spec. Then, they make crit important because of seal fate and mutilate, but make this pos spell that devalues crit by a lot. And hey, why not INCREASE the spec ramp up time?! Sounds like a good idea, lets do it.

This is an extremely lazy and uninspired talent that brings nothing to the spec.
    they don't design every single talent for raiding, pal
    Subtlety Rogue was an amazing, incredible, unique, and fun spec prior to Legion and BfA

“All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.”

― Douglas Adams

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shoegazing View Post
    Too bad your wrong they have to take everything into consideration when making talents and anywhere does that poster talk about raiding? oh wait he doesn't, go shitpot somewhere else its all your good for.
    Last edited by Firatha; 2017-05-18 at 05:41 AM.
    My rogue RIP 2004-2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    No they don’t learn and evidence suggests that. Behavior also doesn’t change and if there is any hope of learning behavior has to change.

Not meaningless declarations easy to say after he regrets offering up evidence he’s a racist.

They actualy do design them for raiding.

Your pvp minigame though, bigger chance they will balance them for pet battles if anything.

Deleted
    First of all, if you managed to find any mention to raiding on my post, thats all on your head. So what´s this talent for, pray tell? Pvp? The stats issue I pointed out all remain. The ramp up time problem remains. The target swapping remains.

Aye, I said it before: it's utter shit.

But this is what blizzard does when they want you to play another spec; when a spec becomes too popular because they're too dimwitted to make 3 specs interesting, balanced and/or viable, they just destroy the spec that everyone's playing and force you into something you would otherwise never have picked. Heck, just look at what they did with mages. They basically forced them down the mind-numbing frost path.
    Last edited by nocturnus; 2017-05-18 at 09:36 AM.

they kinda do

i'M not saying it's right or wrong, but they almost definitely design those talents with pve in mind first

Quote Originally Posted by Azone View Post
    Been testing this on the PTR since it came out. Huge DPS loss. 150-200k lower on all my tests. Tried multiple gear setups, rotations, etc.
    are you consider the t19 nerf?

Quote Originally Posted by omeomorfismo View Post
    are you consider the t19 nerf?
    the only way the t19 nerf would be a 150-200k dps nerf if you'd be doing like 10 million dps

btw yoU're forgetting that it indirectly also increases the value of crit since the more muts go 4cp during it the better it gets
    and also, mastery is still about equal to versa and crit in stat weights without AP
    it'll still scale, it just wont overthrow agility and double dip, it's scaling was dumb anyway

dont get me wrong the spell is a huge swing and a miss from multiple angles, but half of your reasons for it are just wrong

of course if they dont buff our aura% then we might as well delete the weapons, but that was implied the minute they said they're gonan remove AP,we're just gonna have to wait till the patch is out to decide
    Last edited by shaunika123; 2017-05-18 at 01:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    the only way the t19 nerf would be a 150-200k dps nerf if you'd be doing like 10 million dps
    sure, but is different a 200k nerf from live or a 200k nerf from then previous ptr patch
    and considering the t20 is still a lesser nerf than live

15+ Year Old Account
    This is such a fucking joke. Our issue is AoE, so they remove AP and add another single target short cd?! Yeah cuz we need another one of those.

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

First of all, if you managed to find any mention to raiding on my post, thats all on your head. So what´s this talent for, pray tell? Pvp? The stats issue I pointed out all remain. The ramp up time problem remains. The target swapping remains.
    oh no the build has drawbacks

hmms, sounds like a mechanic which rewards having the advance awareness to say "ok, I know I'm going to be able to stick to this guy for the forseeable future"

you guys are like that sub rogue I heard on the PTR forums the other day "but if Dance has less charges then what happens if I get stunned while Dancing?"

hmm, IDK, maybe don't throw away your Dance for no reason if you don't have clean cross-CC? maybe wait until you are on DRs to CC before Dancing? I didn't have this issue much before Legion when Dance had no charges / 1min CD, and when I did get peeled on it my response was "damn I played that like an idiot, gotta do better next time"

if every ability had no drawbacks then there would be no way to punish imperfect play

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Firatha View Post
    Too bad your wrong they have to take everything into consideration when making talents and anywhere does that poster talk about raiding? oh wait he doesn't, go shitpot somewhere else its all your good for.
    yes the OP is extremely concerned about mastery scaling but in all likelihood they aren't talking about raiding, right?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Master Guns View Post
    This is such a fucking joke. Our issue is AoE, so they remove AP and add another single target short cd?! Yeah cuz we need another one of those.
    no one is forcing you to spec into it. there are other choices on the tier that might be more suited to your preferred playstyle.

and if you want great AoE then -- radical concept -- perhaps assassination is not the right spec for you

what a strange idea, specs having niches and drawbacks as opposed to a homogenized mass of 36 specs that all do the exact same things
    Last edited by shoegazing; 2017-05-18 at 07:30 PM.
    Subtlety Rogue was an amazing, incredible, unique, and fun spec prior to Legion and BfA

“All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.”

― Douglas Adams

Noted extremely potent AOE talent: Alacrity?

Compared to Exsang and Toxic Blade, I guess.

You know what would have been a cool talent to put in, in AP's place? Blood Sweat.

Quote Originally Posted by davesignal View Post
    Noted extremely potent AOE talent: Alacrity?

Compared to Exsang and Toxic Blade, I guess.

You know what would have been a cool talent to put in, in AP's place? Blood Sweat.
    why does assassination need an extremely potent AOE talent?

when has assassination ever been known for extremely potent AOE in the past?

― Douglas Adams

Because all DPS should be competent at AOE. AOE is a basic, entry level part of being a DPS class.

We are not living in a world where you're either good at ST or good at AOE; there are plenty of specs that are excellent at both. Yet, for some reason, Blizzard believes any spec that uses damage over time effects should be dogshit at AOE and it has got to stop. Shadow priest has the same problem.

It's okay to be better at single target, but no DPS spec in the game should be bad at AOE, because being able to deal with AOE situations AOE DPS is a fundamental aspect to being a competent DPS spec. Blizzard stuffs the game with AOE situations, so if you can't AOE well then you're behind the curve.

15+ Year Old Account
    why does assassination need an extremely potent AOE talent?

when has assassination ever been known for extremely potent AOE in the past?
    Yeah, sorry, but your "ideals" are 10 years old from Vanilla wow. There are virtually no such thing as "niches" anymore, as most classes can do everything.

The homogenization of WoW happened, and it's not something you are ever going to change. Welcome to 2017.

Assass rogues want viable AoE because we need it to be viable in higher Mythic+. If you don't agree with this, you simply don't understand Mythic+ higher keys, or you simply haven't done them. When you can bring a melee class that can do EVERYTHING better than you, which goes against Blizzards current class model, that's a problem.
    Last edited by Master Guns; 2017-05-18 at 08:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by davesignal View Post
    Because all DPS should be competent at AOE. AOE is a basic, entry level part of being a DPS class.

We are not living in a world where you're either good at ST or good at AOE; there are plenty of specs that are excellent at both. Yet, for some reason, Blizzard believes any spec that uses damage over time effects should be dogshit at AOE and it has got to stop. Shadow priest has the same problem.

It's okay to be better at single target, but no DPS spec in the game should be bad at AOE, because being able to deal with AOE situations AOE DPS is a fundamental aspect to being a competent DPS spec. Blizzard stuffs the game with AOE situations, so if you can't AOE well then you're behind the curve.
    so ST and AOE are the only 2 niches in the game? so if some spec is good at both of those 2 things but lacks CC for instance, then every class needs to have insane levels of ST and AOE even if that class has great CC or mitigation or mobility etc etc etc?

if one class is good at something then every class needs to be good at that thing? if one class is good at 2 things then every class needs to be good at those exact 2 things?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Master Guns View Post
    Yeah, sorry, but your "ideals" are 10 years old from Vanilla wow. There are virtually no such thing as "niches" anymore, as most classes can do everything.

The homogenization of WoW happened, and it's not something you are ever going to change. Welcome to 2017.

Assass rogues want viable AoE because we need it to be viable in higher Mythic+. If you don't agree with this, you simply don't understand Mythic+ higher keys, or you simply haven't done them. When you can bring a melee class that can do EVERYTHING better than you, which goes against Blizzards current class model, that's a problem.
    oh so I can just jump into an arena and try to play my rogue like it's an affliction warlock and expect to be able to do that job as well as an affliction warlock does?

maybe the problem is the design of M+?

maybe the problem is that players would rather chain pull 8 mob packs and AOE them down while watching Netflix on their 2nd monitor instead of the Cata era design where you had to use CC properly to succeed?

― Douglas Adams

15+ Year Old Account
    What the fuck are you even on about? Your reply to my post is literally cringeworthy nonsense that has *nothing* to do with the issue at hand, let alone what I even said. Try again.