Poll: Will Li Li Stormstout ever get old?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Theprejudice View Post
    From Deathwing's death until the end of MoP was only 1 year, even though the book about Vol'jin said something different
    Sorry was Wrath to Cata is what I meant and seems it was five years from the start of Wrath (when Cata hit Arthas was dead for 3 years).

From Cata to Legion was 4 years roughly.

While it's not 100% accurate it's a decent gauge using the books / ingame lore: http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_(unofficial)

For anyone interested in actual (real life) dates related to WoW and certain events: http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Timeli...d_of_Warcraft) -- Including the first legendary that was removed from the game because it was in by accident. (for those that remember). Looks like it includes things like commercials, certain memes, etc.
    Last edited by Lucetia; 2017-05-18 at 02:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    That's not how it is by any means. In game and even their "lore experts" say years pass between each expansion. I don't recall the exact number, but I want to say at least 5 years passed between Catacylsm and MoP alone.
    no it wasnt. anduin is 14 in tides of war, in war crimes its stated he is 15
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    Who the fuck is writing this story at Blizzard and why are they employed as a professional writer?
    Seems they just hired Christie Golden.. dunno if Metzen still writes, or if Knaak did any in-game text...

the ultimate visual guide, official from blizzard states every expansion except cata is one year, as has metzen on twitter, and multiple people at blizzard during blizzcons

http://wow.gamepedia.com/Timeline_(U..._Visual_Guide)

http://wow.gamepedia.com/Timeline_(unofficial)#Legion

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by daenerys View Post
    So in game they have on average two winterveil festivals per year. Two Noblegarden festivals per year? What evidence do you have to back up your claims on Anduins age besides just pure guess work on your part? I can make random guesses too.
    there is no guesswork, ingame events are just that, ingame events, lorewise they only happen once a year.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    the ultimate visual guide, official from blizzard states every expansion except cata is one year, as has metzen on twitter, and multiple people at blizzard during blizzcons

http://wow.gamepedia.com/Timeline_(U..._Visual_Guide)

http://wow.gamepedia.com/Timeline_(unofficial)#Legion
    So every timeline of the game is different, because at the start of Cataclysm there was a mention of things about how three years had passed as the Lich King died (even shown in the timeline I linked above)

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Like Anduin and his evolving model, I assume time will eventually catch up to Li Li when her character is revisited at some future point. Time is a strange thing for WoW NPC's - they can be young seemingly forever, only to have a great windfall of years drop on them all at once when some world-changing event goes down.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Why do you assume Pandaren age at the same pace as humans?

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably not, and I'm for it. Her cheeriness and optimism is infectious. She's a cute kid, and Warcraft needs at least one cute kid character to balance out the multitude of bad-asses, old-asses, and evil-asses.

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between here and the sick, twisted world inside my head
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Hope she gets hit by a bus because she's the worst character in the game.
    Not true, she's a pretty great character, I think you are refering to Sylvanas!

- - - Updated - - -

vanilla anduin is 10
    tbc he is 11
    wotlk he is 12
    cata he is 13
    cata end he is 14
    mop he is 15
    wod he is 16
    legion hes either 17 or about to turn 17
    According to the official Timeline this is how it is:
    Year 0 The First War.
    Year 3 - 5 The Fall of Stormwind.
    Year 6 The Second War.
    Year 8 The Destruction of Draenor.
    Year 18 The New Horde.
    Year 20 The Third War.
    Year 21 The Battle of Mount Hyjal.
    Year 22 Rise of the Lich King.
    Year 25 The Gathering Storm. Notice that here is where WoW takes place and Anduin Wrynn is 10 years old.
    Year 26 The Burning Crusade.
    Year 27 The Wrath of the Lich King.
    Year 28 The Cataclysm.
    Year 30 The Invasion of Pandaria. Li Li is around 12 at this point in time.
    Year 31 Assault of the Dark Portal.

Sadly we don't know how much time has passed between WoD and Legion, but by calculation, Li Li should be around 14 at this point while Anduin would around 17, but that's assuming there is only 1 year between.

Ofc, in the Chronicles there is a chance they might have changed a few dates, and time between certain events, but as far as we know for now, this should be it.
    Last edited by Lupinemancer; 2017-05-18 at 11:54 AM.

Perhaps she is getting the Ash Kutchum treatment....or they forgot about it....or it updating her model wasn't / isn't a priority.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    So every timeline of the game is different, because at the start of Cataclysm there was a mention of things about how three years had passed as the Lich King died (even shown in the timeline I linked above)
    I'd like to advise you against trusting Wowwiki as there are a lot of outdated / incorrect information over there. There were outdated information in Wowpedia as well, but they are updated more frequently.

As of the mention of three years passed, I'm not sure where Wowwiki get the "3 years passed" part from, to be honest. At least, I can't remember of any mention of 3 years passing in-game. It doesn't help that Wowwiki didn't cite any official source either, just a line of "Five years after the start of Wrath of the Lich King, three years since Arthas' death" - that could simply just be the article's author's opinion / guess. Interesting that they did link "The Shattering: Prelude to the Cataclysm" book (released at the end of WoTLK), because in the same book it said that Anduin was just 13 (and almost a half) years old around the start of the Cataclysm (“Hardly any at all,” Jaina said with a mock sigh. “But I’m sure there is some trouble a thirteen-year-old boy can get into.”).
    Last edited by Qualia; 2017-05-18 at 12:03 PM.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

thats in real life, each expansion is a year in wow, except cata because the revamp and 80 - 85 each count as a year

vanilla anduin is 10
    tbc he is 11
    wotlk he is 12
    cata he is 13
    cata end he is 14
    mop he is 15
    wod he is 16
    legion hes either 17 or about to turn 17

- - - Updated - - -

multiple people write the story, each expansion being a year is something weve known for ages
    Nomi was a child in MoP, but an adult (or at least older teenager) in Legion.

In WoW you are either an adult or a child... or Anduin. So, it's anyone's guess.

7+ Year Old Account
    Nomi was a child at the same time LiLi was (in MOP). He's an adult now, we don't know his exact age. Lili should be using the adult model too.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Is he an adult or is he a morbidly obese child though???
    It's kinda hard to tell with a race that grows more horizontally than vertically, isn't it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Is he an adult or is he a morbidly obese child though???
    He already heard call of brew and already became a living failure - definately a young adult. And probably a millenial too.

She will most likely be eaten alive by a wolf pack or a giant eagle before seeing her teenage years.

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    Who the fuck is writing this story at Blizzard and why are they employed as a professional writer?
    Christie Golden says Hi

My theory is Li Li is actually a dragon. I mean Nomi grew up but Li Li didn't? There is some magic going on here.

Lili's a fun little scrapper and explorer...and that's about 100% of all that there is to her. She's very straightforward as a character and is pretty likable unless you somehow make a point to hate her.
    Volte 80 Frost DK--Cycloneduke 80 Holy Pally--Moardotz 80 Desto Warlock-- Dexterworgan 80 Assassination Rogue----Liadon 80 Feral Druid--Mumbles 70 Frost Mage--Bibleblack 70 Disc Priest--Dylli 70 DM Hunter--Krosa 70 Fury Warrior -- Slapntickle 70 Prot Warrior -- Okoi 80 Enha Shaman + 4 slave shamans multiboxed to 70 - Darksorrow EU PvP