Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    I'm running 1 legendary

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah because balance and rng hasn't been atrocious enough in this xpac so far, why not? /sarcasm

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Legendaries drop at incredible high rate..

I have 4 legendaries collecting dust, taunting me with their orange color, yet they are so useless, because I already have two other equipped..

I don't raid, I rarely do mythic/M+ and still 6 legendaries have dropped (and one more on an alt) so far. I wonder how many legendaries, people who actually raid or do a lot of M+...

Why tease us by throwing so many legendaries at us, only to deny us to use them..
    And v7.2 even brought created legendaries, decreasing their value even further"

Cap should be removed, or atleast increased to 5 or 6...
    Let's say you could use all legendaries, there will be what, 11 in 7.2.5? Given:
    Helmet, shoulder, cloak, chest, bracer, gloves, belt, legs, boots, ring1, ring2, trinket1, trinket2 that's 13 item slots of gear (ignoring weapons). You would fill 11 out of 13 slots with legendary items, and never need an upgrade from anything ever since legendaries item level surpasses the item level cap.

Basically, you would render equipment completely, and utterly worthless.

Which is why we should never increase the cap from two to three, two are more than enough. By restricting it to two, but giving you more, you have the option to choose which ones you want to use given the situation, if you never feel like you need to swap then be glad you have two great legendaries and ignore the rest.
    Last edited by mmocf8e5b938a8; 2017-05-18 at 12:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by By the Emperor View Post
    Let's say you could use all legendaries, there will be what, 11 in 7.2.5? Given:
    Helmet, shoulder, cloak, chest, bracer, gloves, belt, legs, boots, ring1, ring2, trinket1, trinket2 that's 13 item slots of gear (ignoring weapons). You would fill 11 out of 13 slots with legendary items, and never need an upgrade from anything ever since legendaries item level surpasses the item level cap.

Basically, you would render equipment completely, and utterly worthless.

Which is why we should never increase the cap from two to three, two are more than enough. Having more than that allows you to choose which ones you want to use given the situation, if you never feel like you need to swap then be glad you have two great legendaries and ignore the rest.
    Wouldn't it be lovely, never to switch gear?

Why do you think people love heirlooms? Precisely because they don't need to switch gear while levelling..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Deleted
    Legendaries drop at incredible high rate..

I have 4 legendaries collecting dust, taunting me with their orange color, yet they are so useless, because I already have two other equipped..

I don't raid, I rarely do mythic/M+ and still 6 legendaries have dropped (and one more on an alt) so far. I wonder how many legendaries, people who actually raid or do a lot of M+...

Why tease us by throwing so many legendaries at us, only to deny us to use them..
    And v7.2 even brought created legendaries, decreasing their value even further"

Cap should be removed, or atleast increased to 5 or 6...
    On my main I have 40 days played at 110. I do plenty of mythic+ and mythic raiding, yet I have 6 legendaries and not even my BiS. Meanwhile I have 5 on my alt with 7 days played. 2 legendaries equipped is already pushing it. Why should people who don't even do mythic raids have extremely good gear, just because they are lucky? Titanforges are already giving them that, so calm the fuck down with the legendaries.

My opinion is that they shouldn't increase their cap. I mean 2 items is enough tbh

Quote Originally Posted by Akaihiryuu View Post
    No, they've stated many times that they are not increasing the cap, because then it would make it "mandatory" to have more legendaries and would give lucky people even more of an advantage than they have now.
    Where did you get your information? Because they actually said the complete opposite. They said they most likely will in the upcoming patches after ToS.

Quote Originally Posted by nmityosaurus View Post
    It's already mandatory to have 2 already though, also they drop like hotcakes at the moment.
    Yes, they're dropping like hotcakes; it only took me nine months to get three!

Deleted
    Wouldn't it be lovely, never to switch gear?

Why do you think people love heirlooms? Precisely because they don't need to switch gear while levelling..
    No it wouldn't be "lovely", it would be fucking awful. Power progression is all that WoW is about, if you want to play something where the goal isn't to become stronger, play something like Overwatch or something. It's a pretty common standard in RPG's to progress and become more powerful, be it via levels, talents and or gear.

Remove gear from WoW and watch the participation in all forms of content plummet.

Also people love heirlooms because it gives them additional experience, they can level faster.

i have 18 legendaries and i don't support more equipped legendaries, the game has terrible balance as it is.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ChunkyCheerio View Post
    Where did you get your information? Because they actually said the complete opposite. They said they most likely will in the upcoming patches after ToS.
    Got a quotation from that? Last I heard from their Q&A they have no plans to increase the legendary cap at this point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by By the Emperor View Post
    No it wouldn't be "lovely", it would be fucking awful. Power progression is all that WoW is about, if you want to play something where the goal isn't to become stronger, play something like Overwatch or something. It's a pretty common standard in RPG's to progress and become more powerful, be it via levels, talents and or gear.

Remove gear from WoW and watch the participation in all forms of content plummet.

Also people love heirlooms because it gives them additional experience, they can level faster.
    I couldn't care less for the XP bonus on heirlooms, I just won't be bothered with switching gear.
    And power progression in Legion is AP farming..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    no it just widen the already to large gap between those that have BiS and those that don't.
    Lol most players who play like an hour a day have all legendaries for their main spec already or at least very close to it. Plus they dont seem to add new drop ones in a foreseeable future.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mackeyser View Post
    Um...yeah.

I've got 5 toons at 110. I've got all 4 of my druid specs artifacts at 36 or higher and my dk has 36 on his blood wep as well as one hunter having 36 on BM and MM and my hordie having 36 on BM.

Across all of those toons, I've gotten ONE legendary. I've run a few mythics, done boatloads of WQs, run some LFR and...basically nothing.

I got the shield one, Prydaz, I think which is kinda nice on my bear, but that's it.

Then again, my bad RNG luck is legendary for those around me. In TBC, I raided Kara every week for 8 months and not a single piece of gear dropped that I could use... and as as Prot Pally that had to balance, Str, Defense, defensive stats like block rating and dodge, and spell power... that hurt. We kept running even when it was old content and still...nothing. It wasn't that I was losing rolls, nothing dropped. I eventually had to retire the toon for the rest of that xpac because I was so under geared. This was before badges.

I've probably got at least 75 days this xpac so it's not like I'm not playing.

As for the OP, I'd be against it. It would create tremendous balancing issues and if they're going to deal with something, why not get the balancing right for, say, Outlaw rogues (I don't play one, but my son does and I feel his pain having been a long time Ele Shaman).

I don't think they will increase it because they are also including healing gear for every healing spec, including two back pieces and I think chest pieces.

For all those swimming in legendaries, grats. But it's just not that way for everyone.
    Artifact rank 36? That means you don't play at all. You get rank 36 from a few Wqs alone. There's no way you don't get a legendary if you play drop eligible content enough. You say you do lots of Wqs for example but you don't say if you do it for the emissary box or just random wqs. A few LFR/mythics sounds like you dont do that very often.

Bad luck protection basically makes it impossible to not get a legendary within 1-2 weeks if you do all emissaries + lfr and some normal mythics/mythic +every week. If you still havent gotten a legendary on 4/5 chars then you just don't play very much at all and I honestly don't think you are the right person to complain about bad luck.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrok View Post
    Oh damn That sounds pretty unlucky. Are you playing often on that character or?

Quote Originally Posted by barackohmama View Post
    Lol most players who play like an hour a day have all legendaries for their main spec already or at least very close to it. Plus they dont seem to add new drop ones in a foreseeable future.

- - - Updated - - -

Artifact rank 36? That means you don't play at all. You get rank 36 from a few Wqs alone. There's no way you don't get a legendary if you play drop eligible content enough. You say you do lots of Wqs for example but you don't say if you do it for the emissary box or just random wqs. A few LFR/mythics sounds like you dont do that very often.

Bad luck protection basically makes it impossible to not get a legendary within 1-2 weeks if you do all emissaries + lfr and some normal mythics/mythic +every week. If you still havent gotten a legendary on 4/5 chars then you just don't play very much at all and I honestly don't think you are the right person to complain about bad luck.
    not always, clearing NH HC since it came out, played daily for a couple of hours since release all WQ caches daily etc.... my main spec on my main has like 3 maybe 4 legs total and they are not BiS ones. currently my gaming PC is dead but once its rebuilt this weekend i'll be back to clearing stuff again. I know people with every leg. and i know people 1-2 its total RNG which sucks.

heck my primary alt got super lucky and got 2 BiS legs quickly.. and has been blood spec for weeks/months and not a single one.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    not always, clearing NH HC since it came out, played daily for a couple of hours since release all WQ caches daily etc.... my main spec on my main has like 3 maybe 4 legs total and they are not BiS ones. currently my gaming PC is dead but once its rebuilt this weekend i'll be back to clearing stuff again. I know people with every leg. and i know people 1-2 its total RNG which sucks.

heck my primary alt got super lucky and got 2 BiS legs quickly.. and has been blood spec for weeks/months and not a single one.
    Thing is it's not total rng since there's bad luck protection. Droprate will ramp up and eventually become 100%.

You said you had 2 BiS on your DK. 3rd one was harder to get prior to 7.2 which explains why it was harder for you to get one legendary for your Blood spec. In 7.2 they changed so loot specs have separate counter and bad luck protection. This means it will be easier to get a Blood legendary for you after 7.2 than it was before. Shared legendaries count for multiple specs though so it's quite unfortunate to get those early if you want to maximize early legendary gains.
    Last edited by barackohmama; 2017-05-18 at 02:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by God Emperor Trump View Post
    We can all wish for FULL legs by the end of the expansion. Nothing wrong with that.
    Plenty of things wrong with that. The main ones being that it makes specs with good legendaries absurdly powerful compared to ones without good legendaries, as well as it being a massive advantage compared to new/rerolled players.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Myrok View Post
    Then you've not been doing a lot of content that can give legendaries, simple as that. In 7.2 they drop very frequently if you actually play the game. Do emissaries, do EN/ToV/NH on all the difficulties you can, do at least a weekly M+, then run around doing random other shit and you'll easily get a legendary every 1-2 weeks. So if you've not been doing any of that, you're not in a position where it really matters how many/which legendaries you have anyway.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

I don't believe they will increase the cap to 3(but I would like that). What I do believe, is that the new ring could not count towards the current cap, so you will be able to wear 2 legendaries plus the ring. I mean, it would be really stupid if they don't do this since this ring looks more like a reward for finishing a campaign that you would want everyone to use it.

So many bad decisions this expansion, let's hope they use their brain this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Sugarlol View Post
    Anyone who has been playing Legion for at least a couple of months should have 3 or more legendaries, even at a casual level of play.
    With the amount of legendaries in game from 7.2.5 onward it would be silly to limit players to just two. I guess at least for 7.3 they should consider the idea of having players equip 3 legendaries, especially if they keep adding more with every new patch.
    They want you to be able to swap legendaries based on the situation. The problem is most classes have at least one that is just too good to ever drop and another really great contender for all situations. While the other ones are pretty good to mediocre for all situations.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    Plenty of things wrong with that. The main ones being that it makes specs with good legendaries absurdly powerful compared to ones without good legendaries, as well as it being a massive advantage compared to new/rerolled players.

- - - Updated - - -

Then you've not been doing a lot of content that can give legendaries, simple as that. In 7.2 they drop very frequently if you actually play the game. Do emissaries, do EN/ToV/NH on all the difficulties you can, do at least a weekly M+, then run around doing random other shit and you'll easily get a legendary every 1-2 weeks. So if you've not been doing any of that, you're not in a position where it really matters how many/which legendaries you have anyway.
    RNG is RNG....but I still agree with you...hell...first three weeks of 7.2 I got a legendary and didn't do everything. Then i went a week without, but had a fourth legendary in my weekly cache from M+. @Myrok idk what you're doing if you're not getting one every 2-3 weeks now.

Quote Originally Posted by iolar View Post
    Anybody know what happens when you have all legendaries for a spec? Do you get other spec legendaries? I only play one spec.
    you have to set your loot spec to a different selection or you will get none