Thread: Is Odyn evil?

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Well, not directly, no - I would agree with that. Loken used what was a readily available tool to his and his patrons' considerable advantage, I guess you could say. It was an elegant masterstroke of both planning and luck on their parts.
    Old Gods: 1

Keepers/Titanforged:1

Basically it seems like the Old Gods won the second round on Azeroth. That said, if the Keepers could be messed with, I could see Odyn has no place to whine about the Dragon Aspects about failing in their duty. In a way the Keepers kinda did as well if we're going to go that route.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    To be fair, keepers got all of themselves corrupted and lost control of ulduar at one point. So its hard to talk about any thrilling success here.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Velvet View Post
    Betraying Helya and killing her and turning her into a fallen Val'kyr, deeming the dragon aspects incompetent, trying to kill Skovald entire family in cold blood all the while talking about valor.

Why do warriors follow him again?
    "One more challenge awaits - Me!
    Should you succeed, I will give you a reward WORTHY of your VALOR!"

Gives you crap.

Yeah, he's evil.
    Last edited by Nurvus; 2017-05-18 at 02:06 PM.
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!
    Why did you necro a thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    How could Odyn be right when in the end the aspects did their job, and Odyn's actions got himself removed from the fight?
    Well, Did the Aspects actually do their job, when one of them was the reason the other 4 were needed, and those four alone couldn't have done it? And again, Did they actually do their job, or did they spend their power prematurely, and will ultimately fail now that 2 aspects are dead, one is becoming the leader of the infinite dragonflight, and one has all but abandoned his flight in order to be among humankind? And no one knows where Alexstrasza is. The worst is yet to come. N'zoth is coming, and when he does, I highly suspect that was who was to be put back down, not one of their own.

Next question. Was it Odyn's place to fight one of the Aspects? Seems to me, they were there to combat the Old Gods, of which, Deathwing is not one of. Now that he is released, and can help us fight the Burning Legion, something of which he was not specifically charged with, he is doing so.
    "The fatal flaw of every plan, no matter how well planned, is the assumption that you know more than your enemy."

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Well, Did the Aspects actually do their job, when one of them was the reason the other 4 were needed, and those four alone couldn't have done it? And again, Did they actually do their job, or did they spend their power prematurely, and will ultimately fail now that 2 aspects are dead, one is becoming the leader of the infinite dragonflight, and one has all but abandoned his flight in order to be among humankind? And no one knows where Alexstrasza is. The worst is yet to come. N'zoth is coming, and when he does, I highly suspect that was who was to be put back down, not one of their own.
    Yea, they succeeded they stopped the second cataclysm, while Odyn was shrieking in the halls of valor. Also I can't really understand bolded part.

Next question. Was it Odyn's place to fight one of the Aspects? Seems to me, they were there to combat the Old Gods, of which, Deathwing is not one of. Now that he is released, and can help us fight the Burning Legion, something of which he was not specifically charged with, he is doing so.

so basically Odyn is better as long as other people are there to fix his stupid mistakes? Hes a better choice than the aspects how? Atleast the aspects won't murder you if they think its Valorus.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

but isn't that the way Odyn is? even in mythology and even in the marvel series

Read the following statements from Odyn as though he were a servant of the Old Gods:

He's not, of course. But now ask yourself whether you can trust him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Velios View Post
    Read the following statements from Odyn as though he were a servant of the Old Gods:

if he ends up helping the old gods, I doubt it will be willingly. It will be on accident or because of his arrogance.
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Velvet View Post
    Betraying Helya and killing her and turning her into a fallen Val'kyr, deeming the dragon aspects incompetent, trying to kill Skovald entire family in cold blood all the while talking about valor.

Why do warriors follow him again?
    Nope. He is not.

- - - Updated - - -

You know that Odyn in mythology used his Ravens to spy on entire world more or less? And he sacrificed his eye for uber knowledge about all the things?

<Pic>
    Wait, if you weren't being sarcastic / joking, how does that statement hint that Odyn were a servant of the Old Gods (likely not, as you said) or being untrustworthy? :P
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    You know that Odyn in mythology used his Ravens to spy on entire world more or less? And he sacrificed his eye for uber knowledge about all the things?

Quote Originally Posted by Qualia View Post
    Wait, if you weren't being sarcastic / joking, how does that statement hint that Odyn were a servant of the Old Gods (likely not, as you said) or being untrustworthy? :P
    It's hypothetical. It doesn't necessarily hint at anything, but the context is that the Old Gods and the Burning Legion are bitter rivals. In fact, the only reason the Burning Legion even exists is to combat the Void Lords & Old Gods, and prevent them from corrupting more world-souls. This is why they are invading Azeroth, as Legion lore has made clear.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think he's "evil" per se, but he is 100%, unarguably, a GIANT douche.

Not someone I'd be friends with or want to grab a beer with.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Sounds like a perfectly reasonable sentiment in a war. Of course you can't tolerate the enemy spying on you.

He's a cunt. I'm not sure why we even help him kill Helya. He's the very reason Helya is what she is.

It's hypothetical. It doesn't necessarily hint at anything, but the context is that the Old Gods and the Burning Legion are bitter rivals. In fact, the only reason the Burning Legion even exists is to combat the Void Lords & Old Gods, and prevent them from corrupting more world-souls. This is why they are invading Azeroth, as Legion lore has made clear.
    While it's true that the OG and the Burning Legion don't share the same goal (actually, the BL doesn't exist to directly combat the VL / OGs, they exist to destroy or conquer everything in the universe so that a Void Titan wouldn't be born), don't you think it's a bit far-fetching to doubt any character (not just Odyn) who is being an enemy of the Legion? We have a bunch on our sides that'd make the same warning.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    He's a cunt. I'm not sure why we even help him kill Helya. He's the very reason Helya is what she is.
    Well, he is helping us and she is doing the opposite, I believe that's enough of a reason.

He helps you after trying to have you killed in a trial. You're a tool to him.

He would have been just as happy to give the titan artifact to Skovald if he had been victorious.

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    I don't think he's "evil" per se, but he is 100%, unarguably, a GIANT douche.
    This about sums it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    He helps you after trying to have you killed in a trial. You're a tool to him.

He would have been just as happy to give the titan artifact to Skovald if he had been victorious.
    You might be right (I'm using "might" as there isn't any indication that he views us as just "tool"), but it doesn't really matter. The game might not portray it properly, but we are supposed to be in one of, if not the gravest situation Azeroth ever faced. We need all the help we can afford now, and Odyn is helping us. What he views us - and very likely he doesn't view us as equal - doesn't matter yet as long as he (1) want to defeat the Legion and (2) want to protect Azeroth. Helya, on the other hand:
    - Tried to rig her own challenge to keep our soul in Helheim. Being clearly hostile to us while showing no intention to reconcile later.
    - Started attacking Broken Isles including our allies' zones (i.e: Highmountain)
    - Stroke a bargain with Gul'dan, who is the representative of the Legion, and stole & kept Illidan's soul which we need in order to prevent Sargeras from taking over his body.

All of those put her into the enemy category. While Odyn might not be a friend, he is at least an ally. It isn't a hard decision to accept his request to defeat / kill Helya (we'd need to do that to retrieve Illidan's soul anyway - gaining another ally is a bonus). If Odyn turn out to be hostile against us, we'd fight and defeat him just as we did Helya.

Although, in regards to the challenge, given how Helya acted - Odyn might have been in a similar kind of magical binding that force them to avoid directly interfere with clearing the trial and follow the trial's rule (Helya tried to rig her challenge and clearly didn't want us to be out of Helheim even after we cleared it, yet she couldn't keep us there). If that was the case, it's understandable that he'd give the Aegis to the first who clear the trial - one may argue that his helps towards us during the trial instead of Skovald implied that he at least prefer us over the God-King of the Tideskorn.
    Last edited by Qualia; 2017-05-18 at 10:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Yea, they succeeded they stopped the second cataclysm, while Odyn was shrieking in the halls of valor. Also I can't really understand bolded part.
    But there would not have been a second cataclysm if Neltharion didn't become Deathwing. The Aspects were supposed to protect Azeroth against the Old Gods, of which N'Zoth is the sole survivor. Now Deathwing the Aspect of Earth is dead, N'Zoth still lives and the four remaining Aspects have spent all their power.

so basically Odyn is better as long as other people are there to fix his stupid mistakes? Hes a better choice than the aspects how? Atleast the aspects won't murder you if they think its Valorus.
    He's a better choice than the Aspects because the Aspects are no more Aspects. And one of them wanted to destroy the world, while another wanted, wants and/or will want to scrap the timeline, oh and yet another wanted to kill all magic users and put the leylines in such a stress that it was a threat to the world. So, yeah, I would take my chance with the Valorous One if he can help Azeroth against the Legion.
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

10+ Year Old Account
    But there would not have been a second cataclysm if Neltharion didn't become Deathwing. The Aspects were supposed to protect Azeroth against the Old Gods, of which N'Zoth is the sole survivor. Now Deathwing the Aspect of Earth is dead, N'Zoth still lives and the four remaining Aspects have spent all their power.
    As opposed to Odyn who was imprisoned regardless of Deathwing's corruption.

He's a better choice than the Aspects because the Aspects are no more Aspects. And one of them wanted to destroy the world, while another wanted, wants and/or will want to scrap the timeline, oh and yet another wanted to kill all magic users and put the leylines in such a stress that it was a threat to the world. So, yeah, I would take my chance with the Valorous One if he can help Azeroth against the Legion.
    right up until he makes another horrendous mistake.
    Holy shit lol