Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    I like how you frame "Wall Street investors" as some weirdo bunch of rich guys rather than it just being pretty much everyone isn't broke as shit.
    Are you suggesting majority of investment is done independently and not through a financial firm? Because the most likely investment source of avarage Americans is 401k... which is closer to being managed by "some weirdo bunch of rich guys rather than it just being pretty much everyone isn't broke as shit."

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Not sure how Trump firing Comey results in a stock market drop.
    One of the largest losses was by Goldman... basically, banks that would see massive deregulation if Trump can continue his course, are seeing hits. Trump's suggested tax plan, should have and did boost the stock market, as it artificially increases corporate profits by 10%. If the stock market feels like that course might not come to fruition, prices would readjust to account for that 10% not happening.

TLDR: Wallstreet is reacting as if Trump cannot complete his goals.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

I would like to know how Comey's firing affects the future cashflows and returns of these companies...

10+ Year Old Account
    Not a real big deal market wise. But it's not like the stock market is a very good measure of economy health these days anyway, considering how divorced it actually is from employment, wages and purchasing power.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mariovsgoku View Post
    I would like to know how Comey's firing affects the future cashflows and returns of these companies...
    Look up...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

Idiots being carried by the whole Trump-Russia scandal. Reminds of the whole United thing, where people started to sell based on a stupid social media scandal and now everything is just fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Not a real big deal market wise. But it's not like the stock market is a very good measure of economy health these days anyway, considering how divorced it actually is from employment, wages and purchasing power.
    It's largely meaningless. But, Trump needs to do a better job at convincing everyone that this whole Russia thing is bullshit. Regardless of it is, he needs to convince Wall Street that his plans will be completed. If he gives a good speech in 12 hours or he reveals his tax returns to prove there is nothing there. The market will flip immediately after.

As an article pointed out... this isn't start of Bush. This is Clinton, Monica and Paula Jones. It was similarly hit, but do you actually remember that or ever hear about it? No, because by the end, due to the results... it meant a little more than nothing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hombregato View Post
    Idiots being carried by the whole Trump-Russia scandal. Reminds of the whole United thing, where people started to sell based on a stupid social media scandal and now everything is just fine.
    I don't think you understand how the market works. This isn't idiots...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    It's largely meaningless. But, Trump needs to do a better job at convincing everyone that this whole Russia thing is bullshit. Regardless of it is, he needs to convince Wall Street that his plans will be completed. If he gives a good speech in 12 hours or he reveals his tax returns to prove there is nothing there. The market will flip immediately after.
    Of the few truths in the universe, within the next 24 hours, neither of those things will happen.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by mariovsgoku View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Not sure how Trump firing Comey results in a stock market drop.
    The "Trump bump" in the stock market is due to his proposed policies like tax cuts, Wall Street deregulation, etc. that would benefit corporations, banks, and those with the most invested wealth. A drop like this signals that investors are losing confidence that the G.O.trumP agenda will happen.
    Last edited by Gestopft; 2017-05-18 at 04:49 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Of the few truths in the universe, within the next 24 hours, neither of those things will happen.
    I honestly believe that Trump doesn't have a giant cover up in his taxes. I always point to his ego, not some evil machinations. If that logic is followed, the most likely reason he wouldn't reveal his taxes is because he isn't as rich as he claimed. Nothing major with Russia, maybe a speech or two... but, as he did in the past, I bet he evaluated his speaking engagements at the value he sets based on advertising.

I don't know if that's better or worse, but I think revealing his taxes would solve a shit ton of his issues. It won't stop liberals for shitting on him... heck, it won't stop me either... but, I think it would be a very positive thing for him to do.

It would remove one of my gripes... literally... I would no longer be able to say 'only president in modern history to not do it' without being easily proven wrong.
    Last edited by Felya; 2017-05-18 at 04:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Article says most stocks are at extreme record highs since 2017.

Boogie boogie. It fell 1% still up 6%from january. Booga booga.

I dont know what tommorrow will hold or next week. But i can be sure whatever happens someone will start an uproar to bitch about trump.

At least ttump is making headlines every day meaning hes actually fucking doing stuff. Unlike or recent presedent obama who autopiloted that shit for 8 years while race baiting
    I won't address the stupid shit about race here, but auto-piloting is better than taking a nose-dive into Russia's ass-crack.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Miztickow View Post
    I won't address the stupid shit about race here, but auto-piloting is better than taking a nose-dive into Russia's ass-crack.
    Notice how no one said anything about race, until these fine folks start bitching about race baiting? Every single thread... Ann Coulter questioning her favoriting of Trump? There pops up one of them... 'well this race and that race are uneducated, so liberals trick them with their race baiting'... holy shit is that fucked up... nothing to do with the topic... 'Trump is finally standing up for white culture and all liberals can do is race bait'... what the holy fuck...

As an article pointed out... this isn't start of Bush. This is Clinton, Monica and Paula Jones. It was similarly hit, but do you actually remember that or ever hear about it? No, because by the end, due to the results... it meant a little more than nothing.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think you understand how the market works. This isn't idiots...
    Idiots is ofc an exageration. There isn't much to understand though, markets have a high sensitivity to political scandals. This is a big scandal. In a few days it will rebound.

I watched my retirement and investment funds shrunk by 30% in 2008. My wife was even worse because she was heavily invested in tech stocks. So this doesn't even give me a twinge.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hombregato View Post
    Idiots is ofc an exageration. There isn't much to understand though, markets have a high sensitivity to political scandals. This is a big scandal. In a few days it will rebound.
    Not really. This IS the rebound.

Remember when the stock market soared a couple hundred points when Trump was elected? The Trumpkins in this thread who are whining about the thread being "baity" and making other excuses for Trump are the same people who, when that initial stock bump happened, were singing glorious praises of Trump's election ringing in great financial news.

Stocks go up, stocks go down, can't explain that!
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

The stock market is volatile, and it's gains and losses mean nothing to the day to day lives of 99% of most people. It lost 300 points today, so what? It spent months gaining way more than that, despite liberal claims that a Trump election victory would mean an immediate crash that the market would never recover from. There isn't even any proof that the trading today is based on anything Trump said or did, mainly because Trump is not guilty of what he's being accused of. He didn't leak jack shit to the Russians. And not only did he not leak anything, he technically can't since, as President, he has final say one what information can be shared and who it can be shared with.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slicer299 View Post
    The stock market is volatile, and it's gains and losses mean nothing to the day to day lives of 99% of most people. It lost 300 points today, so what? It spent months gaining way more than that, despite liberal claims that a Trump election victory would mean an immediate crash that the market would never recover from. There isn't even any proof that the trading today is based on anything Trump said or did, mainly because Trump is not guilty of what he's being accused of.
    Pretty bold assertion.

He didn't leak jack shit to the Russians.
    I take it you and reality aren't friends?

And not only did he not leak anything, he technically can't since, as President, he has final say one what information can be shared and who it can be shared with.
    This is the thing Trumpkins love to keep telling themselves as comfort for just how bad this situation is, and somehow, no matter how many times they say it, it will never be true.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    I honestly believe that Trump doesn't have a giant cover up in his taxes. I always point to his ego, not some evil machinations. If that logic is followed, the most likely reason he wouldn't reveal his taxes is because he isn't as rich as he claimed. Nothing major with Russia, maybe a speech or two... but, as he did in the past, I bet he evaluated his speaking engagements at the value he sets based on advertising.

I don't know if that's better or worse, but I think revealing his taxes would solve a shit ton of his issues. It won't stop liberals for shitting on him... heck, it won't stop me either... but, I think it would be a very positive thing for him to do.

It would remove one of my gripes... literally... I would no longer be able to say 'only president in modern history to not do it' without being easily proven wrong.
    I don't think we'll see anything exciting on Trump's taxes either, and yeah, I think it's mostly ego getting in the way. But that's Trump in a nutshell: the only thing getting in Trump's way with everything is his ego.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Slicer299 View Post
    The stock market is volatile, and it's gains and losses mean nothing to the day to day lives of 99% of most people. It lost 300 points today, so what? It spent months gaining way more than that, despite liberal claims that a Trump election victory would mean an immediate crash that the market would never recover from. There isn't even any proof that the trading today is based on anything Trump said or did, mainly because Trump is not guilty of what he's being accused of. He didn't leak jack shit to the Russians. And not only did he not leak anything, he technically can't since, as President, he has final say one what information can be shared and who it can be shared with.
    Exactly. We should be paying more attention to things like Ford cutting 1,400 jobs. So much for that wonderful deal Trump made...

Oops.

Also, the rest of your nonsense is false. It's time for you to do a little self-reflection and come to terms with the fact you voted for a dipshit braggart with no real skills beyond self promotion. Because ultimately that's what your defense of Trump is, self preservation.

"Economy fluctuates, just as it has since time immemorial. News at 11."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    Two people doling out unfounded causality doesn't make it right.
    It's not unfounded. You know...screaming fake news at everything doesn't actually make it fake.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    I consider a trump honest. Brutally honest.
    so how do you explain his blatant lying? Or how he says the exact opposite thing weeks, or even days later?

trump will flat out say shit how it is.
    Except he contradicts himself. How is that "say shit how it is" when he takes directly opposing stances on the same issue?

There is pretty much no one left who considers Trump the pinnacle of honesty anymore. You might not have gotten the memo but there's new talking points now. You are a few months behind.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ujx View Post
    I'm a Trump supporter and hope he gets impeached so liberals will really have something to bitch about when Pence unleashes his ultra-conservative wrath upon you.
    Pence's agenda will never get through the Senate. He could certainly do some damage with EOs and government appointments, however.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    So, blame Trump when the stock market goes down some, but not give him credit when it goes up some? :P
    Must suck to have to deal with plays right out of the GOP playbook from the last administration.