Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    "Eye am the strongest !" - literally every member of burning legion ever.
    And they really like to talk about burning things.

Well, they certainly can't make the story any worse than it already is. They pretty much topped themselves with this Illidan nonsense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beste Kerel View Post

Asking for writing that doesn't resemble the wreckage of a derailed train is entitlement apparently..
    And what exactly qualifies you to determine what a good story is?

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Don't forget "My death changes nothing" and "I will return". I mean drinking game of that would be lethal even for slavs.

Quote Originally Posted by CptEgo View Post
    Anything I can understand or like, obviously. Anything that I dislike or can't understand is just bad writing, wish-fulfillment craps that a 12 years old can do better /s
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Qualia View Post
    Anything I can understand or like, obviously. Anything that I dislike or can't understand is just bad writing, wish-fulfillment craps that a 12 years old can do better /s
    Following this logic Birdemic is one of the greatest movies ever created and its just that 99% of population doesn't have a right mindset to appreciate.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CptEgo View Post
    Asking the questions if a story:
    - Has relatable characters
    - Has a consistent narrative
    - Is engaging and somewhat unpredictable
    - Possesses storylines that are wrapped up in an acceptable time period
    - Properly explains it if any of the above are found lacking

WoW:
    - Has characters that make inhumane decisions and are as emotionally stale as a broom
    - Lacks any form of consistency since it's retcon after retcon
    - Is utterly predictable
    - Has dragged out storylines, some of which will never be resolved
    - Doesn't ever properly explain why if any of the above are found lacking

You don't have to be the chairman of congress to judge whether a story is decent or not.
    Last edited by mmoce1f817744b; 2017-05-18 at 02:15 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shitposting is a thing.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Following this logic Birdemic is one of the greatest movies ever created and its just that 99% of population doesn't have a right mindset to appreciate.
    If there weren't subjective faults such as bad actings, cameraworks, special effects, and more - maybe. However, "bad writing" is more debatable and less subjectable, especially when we are only talking about the story (since there isn't really that much literal writings in WoW to criticize). I mean, heck, even professional, well-known writers can't even reach an agreement on what makes a story "badly written". For example: Shakespeare, supposedly "widely regarded as the greatest writer in the English language and the world's pre-eminent dramatist", was considered a shitty writer in his time. Even now when he is considered a great one, a number of other great writers (i.e: Leo Tolstoy, Tolkien, etc.) considered him a shitty writers whose plays are (in Tolstoy's words) "insipid ridiculous".

I don't disagree if people complain about the retcons or any inconsistency and point those out, but from my experience, most of the time (not just limited to WoW) people just use "bad writing" as a buzzword for "I don't like it".
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Fuck sake, I guess we can expect more "Jaina's 'healed' now, so let's forget everything bad she did" shite.
    Why not? We did it with AU Grom.

What they need is a little bit of honesty.

I've never cared for Golden's work at all, and I really disliked her using Nuremberg as a basis for War Crimes. I also thought Garrosh apparently having the oratorical ability of a Shakespearean villain was pretty out of left field.

All that said, it's only a 6-month position, so I doubt she's going to be crafting lore for expansions to come (assuming her job is involved with the game itself and not some kind of expansion/book tie-in).
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    What they need is a little bit of honesty.
    Indeed that is more like it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Qualia View Post
    I don't disagree if people complain about the retcons or any inconsistency and point those out, but from my experience, most of the time (not just limited to WoW) people just use "bad writing" as a buzzword for "I don't like it".
    I don't like time travel/AU stories, but I'd argue WoD would've had a phenomenal story if it had developed characters, a directed narrative and they pulled of the alternate universe in a satisfying way.

Sadly, it achieved none of the above.
    Most people prospered in the idea we could see Draenor in all its glory without comprimising its origins.
    The people judged, and found it severely lacking.

Believe it or not, people can actually change their mind about something if it surpasses their expectations.
    If it doesn't, they have all the self-justification to hate it more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Indeed that is more like it.
    Meh, way too long. Real badass can intimidate with something much simpler. Like:
    "Tonight, YOU"
    "You will be my wife tonight"
    "I will bathe in your ****"

Its like instant terror. Just add charisma.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beste Kerel View Post
    I don't like time travel/AU stories, but I'd argue WoD would've had a phenomenal story if it had developed characters, a directed narrative and they pulled of the alternate universe in a satisfying way.

Sadly, it achieved none of the above.
    Most people prospered in the idea we could see Draenor in all its glory without comprimising its origins.
    The people judged, and found it severely lacking.

Believe it or not, people can actually change their mind about something if it surpasses their expectations.
    If it doesn't, they have all the self-justification to hate it more.
    It went through the *Warlords* too fast. I'd go into detail but again...another thread.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Not really, it makes the demons much more of a threat and seemingly hopeless. It wasn't a bad decision. Hell it was a Dreadlord thing for awhile and just got transferred to all demons. Since they transcend all realties clearly time means nothing in the Nether.
    Them only dying in the Nether? Sure. Them transcending all realities? Not really. Given how Burning Legion is fighting all universes at once, it's one Legion vs infinite opponents. If anything, it's hopeless for the Legion. Especially if Void Lords of all universes have the same plan of infecting World Souls/Void Lords transcend universes as well.

That said there was no easy way to reconcile if demons/Twisting Nether transcend all realities. If they didn't, well there would be a situation due to timelines that there would be....two....well you get what I'm saying. That is for a different thread though.
    And instead you get a situation where two alternate versions of a single character become one demon, somehow. Much better. Also somehow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Taken from the front page. What do you guys think ? Since its pretty obvious that she will be working in writing/lore part of team, what change do you think she will bring ?
    well, without knowing the extent of what she is doing with Blizzard, hard to speculate but I am excited.. currently reading Arthas and have read War Crimes - I think she is an excellent author... I hope she is working with the writing team, but who knows - I hope she is not just working on an official blizzard book and is actually doing something for next expansion.

Christie's writing is decent from a technical standpoint, the issue they have is that there is really no depth to what they write. Ever. It always feels like fan fiction tier, good fan fiction, but still just fan fiction. When reading their novels I dont get the feel that they are a professional writer at all.

That and they're a supporter of the "Only Orcs, Humans, and Elves matter" status quo. Which just feeds into their writing being generic.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

10+ Year Old Account
    It went through the *Warlords* too fast. I'd go into detail but again...another thread.
    I don't think anyone could take anymore warlods and orcs than WoD already had.