Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by want my Slimjim View Post
    Like what, creating stronger bonds with Russia ain't one of them.
    'Creating stronger bonds with Russia' should be an automatic political death sentence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

this time next year when trump is still president and still making America great again I hope the left takes the time to thank him for all his hard work despite being completely against him

This part is the most interesting to me:

What makes this appointment fatal to the president is not Mueller’s well-earned reputation for doggedness. It is the fact that the president’s own self-destructive behavior has altered the scope of the probe. No longer will the possible collusion between Russia and the Trump campaign be the focus.

Front and center will be whether the president has obstructed justice – first, by entreating Comey to “let go” of the Flynn investigation, and second, by firing Comey. Also at issue will be whether Trump’s tweet – “James Comey better hope that there are no ‘tapes’ of our conversations before he starts leaking to the press!” – represents an attempt to tamper with a witness in an ongoing investigation.
    So Trump may have been able to stay rubber against the Russia connection accusations, but now the issue shifts to whether or not he's obstructing justice by attempting to undermine and/or divert the collusion probe.

That seems to be what really defines legal cases. Not the major thing, but some side issue that is a consequence or directly resultant from that major thing which has actually broken the law or caused harm. It'll be interesting if this is what finally sinks Trump, especially since I remember once reading an opinion piece that it wouldn't be the major scandals that bring him down, but some tiny, innocuous thing that no one saw coming.
    "Lack of information on your part does not constitute bias on mine."

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    SNIP...
    And obstructing justice. Don't forget that. That's been a big one with impeachment proceedings. Has Trump done that yet? I can't remember . . . . Oh yeah, that's right, he has. Lol
    Even that wont push impeachment. Just look at Clinton and all he tried to cover up with Luinski. Rampant sex and blow jobs in the White House involving cigars but he did not have sex with that woman.

I think think is cover up was obstructing justice and lying during that investigating.

Unlike the presidents of many years ago. These days a president will have to do something amazingly over the top to get impeached no matter how much the rabble piss and moan about it.

TIL getting bent over at the bath house by "Big Jim" = creating stronger bonds.

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    Even that wont push impeachment. Just look at Clinton and all he tried to cover up with Luinski. Rampant sex and blow jobs in the White House involving cigars but he did not have sex with that woman.
    It wasn't the coverup that sunk Clinton, no, but his lying under oath is. It'll be something like that which sinks Trump.
    Last edited by Krigaren; 2017-05-18 at 03:52 PM.
    "Lack of information on your part does not constitute bias on mine."

Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    this time next year when trump is still president and still making America great again I hope the left takes the time to thank him for all his hard work despite being completely against him
    What has he actually done to fix America?

10+ Year Old Account
    What has he actually done besides signing whatever is put in front of him and playing golf?
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    You just keep on chuggin' that Trumpkin kool-aid (eyes closed or open? just curious). It's going to be all the more bitter when your God-King comes crashing down.

Rest assured, Trump's days as "President" are numbered.

Quote Originally Posted by Mifuyne View Post
    is copy pasta'ing random news articles without anything else the norm now?
    You have to pick a partisan source as well.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    What has he actually done besides signing whatever is put in front of him and playing golf?
    Maybe he is deliberatly trying to become the biggest baddie in history for the American people to group up together and take him down.
    The people will be one and a new era of peace and justice will begin.

YOU SMART MAN DONALD YOU.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post

I think think is cover up was obstructing justice and lying during that investigating.

Unlike the presidents of many years ago. These days a president will have to do something amazingly over the top to get impeached no matter how much the rabble piss and moan about it.
    Clinton was impeached . . . . Not sure what your point was beyond that. And Trump has already done so much worse, and in just four short months.

- - - Updated - - -

And when Trump's been booted out of office, this time next year, I hope all the Trumpkins will finally awoke and see what a shit show their God-King really was.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Krigaren View Post
    This part is the most interesting to me:

So Trump may have been able to stay rubber against the Russia connection accusations, but now the issue shifts to whether or not he's obstructing justice by attempting to undermine and/or divert the collusion probe.

That seems to be what really defines legal cases. Not the major thing, but some side issue that is a consequence or directly resultant from that major thing which has actually broken the law or caused harm. It'll be interesting if this is what finally sinks Trump, especially since I remember once reading an opinion piece that it wouldn't be the major scandals that bring him down, but some tiny, innocuous thing that no one saw coming.
    I could not agree more.

Even better, he'll face money-laundering and RICO charges after he's been kicked out of office. Maybe Russia will take him in . . . .

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    No, impeachment is pretty much impossible at the moment, as long as Trump doesn't try to cover anything up. That's what gets presidents in trouble, the cover ups.
    *Failing to do a cover-up without getting caught

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mifuyne View Post
    Maybe he is deliberatly trying to become the biggest baddie in history for the American people to group up together and take him down.
    The people will be one and a new era of peace and justice will begin.

YOU SMART MAN DONALD YOU.
    It amuses me to no end that Trumpkins voted for him because he 'says it like it is' while simultaneously believing he is playing a convoluted game of 4D chess to which no one else is privy.

10+ Year Old Account
    I missed you slim

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Keep in mind guys a impeachment does not mean a certain removal from office. Some presidents have been impeached before ( Bill Clinton and Andrew Johnson ) but none has been removed from office if you do not count Nixon resigning before they could. lol! Which if it looks like Trump is going to be removed from office, I feel certain he would resign and Pence would pardon him from any further prosecution. But this is all waaay too early anyway for any certainty it will happen. Even the process of impeachment. As of now, there is no solid proof he has committed a crime. A lot of hope from the Trump haters of course.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Keep in mind guys a impeachment does not mean a certain removal from office. Some presidents have been impeached before ( Bill Clinton and Andrew Johnson ) but none has been removed from office if you do not count Nixon resigning before they could. lol! Which if it looks like Trump is going to be removed from office, I feel certain he would resign and Pence would pardon him from any further prosecution. But this is all waaay too early anyway for any certainty it will happen. Even the process of impeachment. As of now, there is no solid proof he has committed a crime. A lot of hope from the Trump haters of course.
    A plea for rationality from you is particularly hollow after all the bitching your lot have done about Benghazi and 'her emails!'.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    A plea for rationality from you is particularly hollow after all the bitching your lot have done about Benghazi and 'her emails!'.
    My lot? lol! What happened in Bengahzi was a national disgrace. And that is my opinion, which is just as valuable as yours since we both are just random posters on a forum. :P

What will be the icing on the cake is when it's finally revealed that there was no connection to Russia, and all along Republicans were right...but Trump just couldn't keep his dumb fucking mouth shut and wound up getting impeached for obstructing an investigation that led to nothing and tampering with a witness who had nothing to say.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    What will be the icing on the cake is when it's finally revealed that there was no connection to Russia, and all along Republicans were right...but Trump just couldn't keep his dumb fucking mouth shut and wound up getting impeached for obstructing an investigation that led to nothing and tampering with a witness who had nothing to say.
    Lol! Now that is a possibility. His twitfacing is ridiculous to say the least. The guy does say some stupid things. And says things when he should not say anything.:P

Deleted
    I find it very funny that Trump gets into trouble for being to cozy with the Russians and then the Russians try to come to his defense.. At this point I would be more amazed if he does NOT get impeached before his term is served.. But even if he is not, at least the western world can take comfort knowing there is no way he will get a second 4 years. I do not live in America but over here in Europe, approval ratings of Trump are even lower than the 30 something % you guys have. Our government is angry that he seems to not honor the Paris accords and builds coal plants and pipelines against what was agreed in unity. Most countries over here are very disturbed by the fact he gave out secret information to Russia. No idea if that is a topic over there but for sure western Europe will be much more careful in what information it shares with the US from now on. Which is silly, as the US has been our allies since forever but it is the situation we are put in. The German security agency labelled Trump a danger to world peace and I read today that the NATO will shorten speeches to 4 minutes because and this is how it was literally reported in the news: "Trump is like a child with a low attention span". I have no clue how Americans managed to vote for the worst president in modern times. I guess there were a lot of "protest" votes but you people still had a responsibility as one of the largest powers in the world to vote for someone that at least has the basic skills to be president.