Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Impossible to pvp as a rogue in bgs

I just cant, i die soooooo fast, i got all my weapon traits, ilvl 881. Is this normal?

I die to melee cleave when everyone is in the flag. A warrior, DK, hunter, paladin or a DH can do 50% of my hp in 1 stun.

Please help me, im about to give up on rogue and reroll a hunter

881 is a bit lower then average ilvl on BGs nowadays. Rogue is not good for jumping into melee brawl imo. Better focus on some healers or casters. If you want a shiny crits with burst every 2 minutes - go DH like I did. Can be fun if well played.

I don't play a rogue but my impression of them is that they avoid the melee death ball and pick off high-value targets around the edges, then vanish if they get switched to. Not a recipe for showing high on the damage meters, but who cares when you are doing something valuable like eliminating healers?

Quote Originally Posted by Scroff View Post
    I don't play a rogue but my impression of them is that they avoid the melee death ball and pick off high-value targets around the edges, then vanish if they get switched to. Not a recipe for showing high on the damage meters, but who cares when you are doing something valuable like eliminating healers?
    You're getting it right. Having an absolute blast on my 850 ilvl rogue. Part of it is because I know how I'm supposed to play.

To OP: stop getting into the melee brawls and start playing rogue like it's should be.

lol are you a warrior main? I am, and my rogue is my primary alt. What Useful said is a good start.

Quote Originally Posted by Useful View Post
    881 is a bit lower then average ilvl on BGs nowadays. Rogue is not good for jumping into melee brawl imo. Better focus on some healers or casters.
    Rogue's are awesome to cc healers and the enemy backline. I don't play Assassination, but Outlaw and Sub seem to be very good at escaping pressure as well. I have a blast with outlaw and I don't feel underpowered at all.

if you want to top the damage meters then go play a boomkin or warlock or something, lol

rogues are for playing objectives (capping nodes, defending nodes, killing enemy flag carriers inside kidney + smokebomb) and when it comes to teamfighting our job is to stun overextended melees so that they can get bursted down and/or controlling enemy healers

if you try to play this class like a warrior you deserve to get rekt every time

source: i have played a rogue in PvP since 2004

TLDR: you are having a L2P issue. either start playing like a rogue or else find a class that is more suited to a more straightforward "pick target, press dps rotation" playstyle. this class isn't easy to learn (JK this is Legion, almost every spec is super dumbed down and easy to learn now) but it is extremely powerful and rewarding in the right hands.
    Last edited by shoegazing; 2017-05-18 at 12:13 AM.
    Subtlety Rogue was an amazing, incredible, unique, and fun spec prior to Legion and BfA

“All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.”

― Douglas Adams

Deleted
    Yes, this is why I traded my rogue for a DH a few months ago.

Rogues blow up as soon as you look at them.

Deleted
    Oh, that's why i don't see many Rogues in BGs these days ... I mean in WoD BGs were full of Rogues, now you are lucky if you see ONE per each team lol. And most of them play Assassination: the most useless Rogue spec for PvP.
    Btw, Ferals are rarity too. But ferals,at least, can go Bear form if they need survivability, Rogues can only Vanish and run away every two minutes.
    Obviously this is not a good expansion for stealthers in PvP?

Yeah, when I'm on my demon hunter, I tend to ignore rogues entirely, until they are the last one left and then I just head to the next location while killing them along the way. It really is a sharp contrast to some of my other toons that get wrecked by rogues.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

7+ Year Old Account
    881 is a bit lower then average ilvl on BGs nowadays. Rogue is not good for jumping into melee brawl imo. Better focus on some healers or casters. If you want a shiny crits with burst every 2 minutes - go DH like I did. Can be fun if well played.
    Don't lie to them. I have a DH too, and anyone who has a DH should know full well that DH are fun because they are so ridiculous at times and feel fast paced and like there's always something to do, even when you don't really need to know what you're doing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sifu View Post
    Oh, that's why i don't see many Rogues in BGs these days ... I mean in WoD BGs were full of Rogues, now you are lucky if you see ONE per each team lol. And most of them play Assassination: the most useless Rogue spec for PvP.
    It's because they were incredibly overtuned at launch, then every spec was nerfed pretty hard shorty after the Legion PvP tournament.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Juano View Post
    I just cant, i die soooooo fast, i got all my weapon traits, ilvl 881. Is this normal?

I die to melee cleave when everyone is in the flag. A warrior, DK, hunter, paladin or a DH can do 50% of my hp in 1 stun.

Please help me, im about to give up on rogue and reroll a hunter
    You are playing rogue wrong... You don't belong in the melee cleave, sneak around to the back line and lock down a healer.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rogue is useless in random bg's. Just play Warrior instead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Really? I never have problems until I get focused by more than 2 people. Find a pocket healer. I don't know what spec is best in PVP right now, all I've played for years is Assass except for in WoD PVE I was Combat, but aside from Guardian Druids, Mages and Prot/Ret Pallies who know what they're doing I love random BGs on my Rogue. Then again I try to play more of a Support role until a window for focus pewpews opens up.

Spend more time trying to keep your healers alive and they'll love you for it. Run flags and cap nodes and if you're not fighting save your major CCs for when you need to prevent pursuit and wait for them to Trinket minor CC before using Blind/Gouge. If there's no healers.. well... learn to pick your battles instead of trying to get someone from 100% to dead when you have no support or they are in a group.
    If you're going into anything but world PVP expecting to just tear shit up, yeah.. Not going to work this Xpac.

Deleted
    Rogue is useless in random bg's. Just play Warrior instead.
    You cant be more wrong nigga. Rogues are super useful in random BGs and rated alike. As people above mentioned as a rogue dont jump in the middle of the fight stay at the edges and eliminate the caster and healers. Do objectives get every buff on the map and slow down, control and annoy the enemy team.just for a reference most of the RBG team above 2k rating have rogue in their setup.

Deleted
    Some people just want to PvP, and doing objectives isn't really PvP and it can be pretty boring. We also play for fun and not only to win the BG, and killing oponents can also be considered as a standard BG objective.

Just out of curiosity, I screenshotted my last 200 random BGs. I played a lot of windwalker and rogue. Not ONE SINGLE TIME there was a ww in the top 3, either damage or killing blows and the same goes for rogues, with one exception and that was a R1 player (Niksirogue). 200 RBGs!!!

I often see other meeles regularly topping the charts, like ret palas who seem to have it extremely easy to do so. Same goes for DHs, DKs and warriors. Even enhacement shamans or survival hunters can pull it off. Only the 3 leather meeles (ww, rogue, feral) can't do so, with DHs being the exception.

It's disappointing how hard it is to get into the top 3 as a rogue, and hard means pretty much impossible in this case. On my hunter or frost mage on the other hand, I normally have a guaranteed spot in the top 3.
    Last edited by mmoc90507aa8c5; 2017-05-22 at 10:33 PM.

Deleted
    so you stand in the middle of classes with the best cleave and wonder why you are dieing to cleave dmg?

yeah if youre playing rogue to top the damage meters youre going to have a bad time. its not designed for that, rogue is a control class in PVP.

Deleted
    It's disappointing how hard it is to get into the top 3 as a rogue, and hard means pretty much impossible in this case. On my hunter or frost mage on the other hand, I normally have a guaranteed spot in the top 3.
    this is pvp, no body give a flying fuck about topping charts. I would pick a rogue any day instead of retarded hunter just barraging all day long braking cc at what not, just to top charts

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rankstar View Post
    yeah if youre playing rogue to top the damage meters youre going to have a bad time. its not designed for that, rogue is a control class in PVP.
    Rogue brings multiple CC options but many classes today have many form of "trinket" abilities to escape.

Then the Rogue gets blown up, hard.

I have all classes except Druid at 110, and I have no issues trying to play them with lower ilvl. The only difference I notice is with artifact traits.

On topic though, OP you should play Subtlety. It's a lot more mobile than the other two specs, more CC, more outplayability, more vanishes if you take a certain talent, etc. Source: I play Subtlety.

Also yeah, if you want to top charts you picked the wrong class. Aff Locks, Boomkins, Spriests all do a LOT more damage than you since they have really good consistent AoE.
    "Leave your personal feedback, don't try to convince them that "everyone" hates something." - Ion Hazzikostas
    It's actually Wowhead, if I quoted directly from Ion the signature would drag out too long.