Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Narwal View Post
    So basically, the EU was swindling countries into joining so that you could swindle their fertile farm lands from them?

Western EU gets free low wage slave labor workers from the East.
    Western EU gets to buy up all of the cheap lands of the East for their own exploitation.

It sounds more like Western EU is taking advantage of poorer Eastern EU nations. Shame on your immorality in this situation EU people!
    Not sure if this is sarcasm? EU shells out plenty of cash to the poorer eastern countries, and grants much better protections to their people. Secondly, the only way you can see this as 'farmland exploitation' is if you're a xenophobic nationalist. A German migrant of 8 years owning farmland in Romania doesn't turn that land into German soil.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommi View Post
    http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/...eastern-rebels
    Why shouldn't a country be allowed to determine who can buy land? Why should EU be allowed to say they can't?

This shouldn't be allowed at all. Land should belong to the country it's part of, not for the EU to decide who can get it or not.
    The EU is like a club, the members agree to abide by certain rulings and in exchange they get certain benefits, such as access to the free-market and funding to develop poorer regions.

The EU is allowed to enforce rules on land ownership because the member states agreed to those rules, if they didn't feel it was fair they could have refrained from joining.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Berengil View Post
    I congratulate those nations on asserting their economic sovereignty. The peoples and nations of Eastern Europe understand very well what it is like to live under the thumb of a self-assured, self-righteous bureaucracy. They tossed off one in the early 90s just to assume another? Not likely.
    If that's how they felt why did they try so hard to join the EU in the first place?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Oberyn Martell View Post
    You guys tried that in the past. How did that work out?

Seems odd you all would forgot about all the mass executions and mass rape the Soviet did against your families less than a century ago. Are there no history books over there?
    Its ok. Rather than being browned like you guys over there, hahahaha. Id use another word but hell we got girlish people for mods.
    But dont worry chap, brown is a beautiful color. Its the color of human excrement.
    Last edited by mmoc96b81ade63; 2017-05-18 at 03:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ynnady View Post
    Its ok. Rather than being browned like you guys over there, hahahaha. Id use another word but hell we got girlish people for mods.
    What's wrong with being girlish?
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Deleted
    As much as I can appreciate the notion of not wanting foreign people to come in and buy up a bunch of land that they can do with a far bigger excess of liquid assets, essentially destabilizing the purchasing capability of natives. It should be noted that it isn't a completely good idea. There is plenty of foreign investors that'll be incapable of sparking up more business and more profit for the nation (which of course is only if they actually pay their taxes, which unfortunately seems far too seldom).

It is blocking what one of the ideas of the EU was, and that was to invite better forms of investment into other nations. But it should be noted, that is about a fifty-fifty deal so far, because as noted before, they have an extremely poor rate of actually paying their taxes.

Also a decade seems a bit too excessive a law.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    The EU is like a club, the members agree to abide by certain rulings and in exchange they get certain benefits, such as access to the free-market and funding to develop poorer regions.

The EU is allowed to enforce rules on land ownership because the member states agreed to those rules, if they didn't feel it was fair they could have refrained from joining.

- - - Updated - - -

If that's how they felt why did they try so hard to join the EU in the first place?
    Because politicians in their respective countries sold them idea of EU as a ticket to paradise.
    And because, in general, people are dumb swines, who can't see past their nose, they only saw immediate benefits in front of them, not long term obligations.
    They saw EU as a magical land, where you get free travel, work in a wealthy (compare to theirs) countries such as Germany or UK and regular handouts. And lets not forget about sticking it to their former master, Russia. Take a wild guess, who is leading on every initiative to punish Russia in any way possible.
    That would be EE.
    Last edited by Kreo; 2017-05-18 at 03:47 PM.

Deleted
    Bulgaria is very poor and has a very low average IQ. No surprise

[Infracted]
    Last edited by God Save The King; 2017-05-18 at 07:11 PM.

Many posters have already said what I was thinking of this matter: They should not have joined if they are not willing to accept the demands. That said, they should be able to petition demands with the EU, if it truly is a regressive legislature that have an huge negative impact on their economy and be prepared to accept the same set of arguments from nations that are seeing a negative wage growth due to free movement of workers.

EU is a great idea, but I think its facing a huge backlash due to rising nationalism in it's member countries and two faced politicians who reap the benefits of EU while trashing it to their people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deamon002 View Post
    Oh look, the Express. In the trash it goes.
    Don't need to read beyond this, news agency tailored to address a certain audience and don't favor fact over fiction to obtain that result.

Also worth mentioning since the Islanders are suffering from memory loss ever since the Brexit was proposed, the eastern expansion was an UK initiative. Expansion of the EU was an UK initiative it being done poorly and too hastly was also something they take a large part of the blame for. But who cares right it's easier to blame the EU for things you started earlier.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommi View Post
    Why shouldn't a country be allowed to determine who can buy land? Why should EU be allowed to say they can't?
    Because it is a shared market, and protectionism illegal.

Quote Originally Posted by Conflux View Post
    How many Astronauts has Austria had it's history?

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Berengil View Post
    I congratulate those nations on asserting their economic sovereignty. The peoples and nations of Eastern Europe understand very well what it is like to live under the thumb of a self-assured, self-righteous bureaucracy. They tossed off one in the early 90s just to assume another? Not likely.
    Economic sovereignty? If they dont want people to buy they can jjust tell them no. Instead they make up convoluted laws that nobody wins on. Who's this supposed to protect? What purpose does it serve? You act like these countries aren't the most corrupt swindlers in Europe, when that's exactly what they are. These countries acting righteous and morally superior is freaking laughable.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ynnady View Post
    East European should get out of EU and form a coallision with Russia. Therefore spiting on EU.
    Let the west be browned hahahaha.

Anyway in an hour or so i got gym. I promise you, ill think of liberals and feel the hatred of a thousand souls on them last reps. Hell if rage gets me too much i might set my eye on a liberal at the gym there. You can actually sense if someone is a liberal, they smell of weak and low selfesteem.

There are times when i dream with my eyes open how i corner and brutalise an antifa guy. You know these skinny punks with masks. Me being at 1.97m and 105 kilograms.

Cornering that stick and just going balistic on him. After i weaken him i could jsut put my hands in his mouth and pull so hard that his jaw is ripped out with his retarded mask. I WOULD HULK ONE OF THESE FUCKS.
    Wow, you would be able to beat up a smaller thinner person than you are. Impressive.

A coallision with russia, you have all my lols.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    Yeah because one party controls the entire Polish government right now, and this party was elected on the basis of xenophobia. A lot of Poles despise the current government. And with a critical nationalist anti-EU loss in France (and probably Germany as well), the EU isn't going anywhere.
    Probably? They're currently polling at 6%...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    What's wrong with being girlish?
    Logic would say, because he only likes strong men around him.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    Austria One.

Bulgaria two, heroes of the soviet union and bearer of the lenin medal .

Now what again says that about average IQ?
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    How is that in any way relevant to anything?

There have been more trained monkeys in space than people of most nationalities.

There's a better one for you tho...How many Noble Prize laureates did Bulgaria produce? Now there's a number that speaks volumes about the scientific and cultural contributions a nation.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    How many Noble Prize laureates did Bulgaria produce? Now there's a number that speaks volumes about the scientific and cultural contributions a nation.
    Bulgaria - 1 in literature
    Austria - 21 including 16 in chemistry, phisics and medicine

Did anybody seriously think that these two countries are in the same league whether in economy or science?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Conflux View Post
    What are you, petulant child? Anyways, reported.

Bulgarians Ranked 14th in World by IQ

Society | January 11, 2014, Saturday // 15:11| Views: | Comments: 2

Bulgaria is ranked 14th with 93% in the IQ ranking, compiled by British psychologist Richard Lynn and Finnish political scientist Tatu Vanhanen.

They studied results in 113 countries, the Bulgarian news agency BGNES reported Saturday.

First on the list is Singapore with 108% success, followed by South Korea, Japan and Italy with results respectively 106%, 105% and 102%. Iceland, Mongolia and Switzerland, with 101 %, also fall in the top ten. Austria, China, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Norway and the UK lead Bulgaria by 7% with a result of 100%.

The last places are occupied by Guinea-Bissau, Haiti and Mozambique, and at the bottom of the list is Equatorial Guinea with 59 %.
    They also rank continuously high in math competitions, but you think country is full of idiots because they don't want multi-national speculators running things?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    There's a better one for you tho...How many Noble Prize laureates did Bulgaria produce? Now there's a number that speaks volumes about the scientific and cultural contributions a nation.
    Austria wasn't in the warsaw pakt, last I looked. Or in the Ottoman empire.
    Last edited by mmocced9c7d33d; 2017-05-18 at 07:19 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    They don't see to have an issue to accept money from people not stuck in a world vision from the 30's. Rights and Plights, that last category is completely lost on some member states currently.

Here's a lovely idea, how about we turn this around for a second and say that all money earned outside of Poland but inside the EU and the same goes for Bulgaria cannot be used back in their home nation. How badly would that housing market crash there? If you advocate such measures you have to be willing to accept it from both ends and not currently try to reap the benefits that improve your life and also in the same breath try to demonize it all.

You're free to return to the state you were in under sovjet rule, i'm sure many people would like to embrace that old ideology again and those old communist shops with rations and limited goods, not to mention not being paid in actual money either. One big benefit though you can be as much anti-cultural, anti-progressive as you want, since identity politics is the only thing that matters to people speaking in such terms of how important it all is and how terribly their nation would be effected if they had to follow certain norms and values, surely you would gladly trade in all those benefits to save your poor nation from that destructive force that is the EU that is building your nation up and pumping in ton of money and works as a deterrent for Russia to act to save your precious world view?

No? oh how unsurprising.