Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Speeding Vehicle Strikes Pedestrians On Times Square

Yet another crazy retard that decides to run down innocent people with his car/van. What's wrong with people?

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-0...ast-10-injured

https://twitter.com/Reuters/status/865235328155754496

In before that stupid copy paste bullshit about the procedure of responding to atrocities.

Let's not come to conclusions yet. It's very early in the investigation. Could be someone just losing control of their car.

10+ Year Old Account
    Driving in the city is dumb

In before someone blames Trump for this.

Probably some grandpa / drug addict / islamist. Or a combination of all three.

[Infracted]
    Last edited by God Save The King; 2017-05-18 at 06:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xandrigity View Post
    Let's not come to conclusions yet. It's very early in the investigation. Could be someone just losing control of their car.
    While that might be the case, the car was going at a very high speed according to the initial reports.

To be fair, Times Square is always obnoxiously crowded. Can't blame people for wanting to clear some of that out.

Kidding of course. Throw that ass hole in jail.

Quote Originally Posted by vkpush View Post
    While that might be the case, the car was going at a very high speed according to the initial reports.
    maybe the driver was having a stroke.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vkpush View Post
    Could still be anything. People fall asleep at the wheel on the highway and someone having a heart attack or going into diabetic shock behind the wheel could inadvertently put their foot down on the accelerator. It's best to wait for the full report before we start doing the lonely zergling thing and blaming terrorists.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

ISIS will take credit for this

It's not uncommon for ppl to lose control for a medical emergency, heart attack, stroke, seizure or diabetic emergency. Give it a few hours and there will be a press release.

Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    ISIS will take credit for this
    Because they are weak and desperate they take credit for anything to not look weak.

Quote Originally Posted by Xandrigity View Post
    It's not uncommon for ppl to lose control for a medical emergency, heart attack, stroke, seizure or diabetic emergency. Give it a few hours and there will be a press release.
    Regardless, that person shouldnt then accelerate and aim for the sidewalks. I never said it was a terrorist attack, but it's very likely the driver meant to hit people.

Car drives into crowd in Times Square, injuring several

NEW YORK (AP) -- A car traveling through Times Square has driven into a crowd of pedestrians, injuring several people.
    Television images taken at the scene midday Thursday showed people being taken away on stretchers.
    The car came to rest with two of its wheels in the air, leaning on a lamppost and steel barriers intended to block vehicles from getting onto the sidewalk.
    There was no immediate word from New York City police on the number of people who were hurt.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...05-18-12-22-43

No news of deaths which is good. I don't think a terrorist would use a car when there are so many guns around here but I may be wrong.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    Could still be anything. People fall asleep at the wheel on the highway and someone having a heart attack or going into diabetic shock behind the wheel could inadvertently put their foot down on the accelerator. It's best to wait for the full report before we start doing the lonely zergling thing and blaming terrorists.
    Did you even read my post?

According to witnesses the guy was speeding against traffic before ramming into people, and according to police has two previous charges of drunk driving.

reports of one person killed, and unconfirmed 4 in critical condition.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    Did you even read my post?
    Was there a reason to even put Islamist in there? Perhaps you were trying to be edgy?
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

A vehicle has driven on to a crowded pavement in New York City's Times Square, reportedly killing one person and injuring several others.

The driver is in custody and the area has been sealed off, according to the New York Police Department.

At least 13 patients were being treated at the scene, according to the New York Fire Department.

The vehicle reportedly jumped the kerb at 7th Avenue and 45th St near the city's popular tourist spot.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-39968710

Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    Was there a reason to even put Islamist in there? Perhaps you were trying to be edgy?
    In the context of the last year its reasonable to see it as a possibility. Old people / drug addicts (alcohol is a drug) are still way more dangerous and more likely the cause thus I put them first.

Quote Originally Posted by Mavett View Post
    According to witnesses the guy was speeding against traffic before ramming into people, and according to police has two previous charges of drunk driving.

reports of one person killed, and unconfirmed 4 in critical condition.
    I'll never understand why people have their licence returned after any period of time after drunk driving.

It should be a permanent loss of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.