Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinD View Post
    I find it very funny that Trump gets into trouble for being to cozy with the Russians and then the Russians try to come to his defense.. At this point I would be more amazed if he does NOT get impeached before his term is served.. But even if he is not, at least the western world can take comfort knowing there is no way he will get a second 4 years. I do not live in America but over here in Europe, approval ratings of Trump are even lower than the 30 something % you guys have. Our government is angry that he seems to not honor the Paris accords and builds coal plants and pipelines against what was agreed in unity. Most countries over here are very disturbed by the fact he gave out secret information to Russia. No idea if that is a topic over there but for sure western Europe will be much more careful in what information it shares with the US from now on. Which is silly, as the US has been our allies since forever but it is the situation we are put in. The German security agency labelled Trump a danger to world peace and I read today that the NATO will shorten speeches to 4 minutes because and this is how it was literally reported in the news: "Trump is like a child with a low attention span". I have no clue how Americans managed to vote for the worst president in modern times. I guess there were a lot of "protest" votes but you people still had a responsibility as one of the largest powers in the world to vote for someone that at least has the basic skills to be president.
    Yeah, a lot of people thought there is no way Trump would get elected. Obama even said such. :P Going to depend on what happens the next 3 1/2 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Yeah, a lot of people thought there is no way Trump would get elected. Obama even said such. :P Going to depend on what happens the next 3 1/2 years.
    Agreed.

While I personally hate the lying freeloader, him not getting a 2nd term also depends on the Democrats and what they do. This election alone wasn't Trump winning so much as it was the Democrats losing trying to do everything they could to run off their own voters thinking they had it locked and the voters had no choice.

So while Trump supporters might be the minority and have a level of denial that would be required to be a Flat Earther in this day and age they are also rabid in their support of him from what I have seen. So while the Democrats have the numbers to win, they need to actually give those numbers a reason to vote and "I am not Trump" isn't enough for many of them.

So if they listen to their voters this time and actually give them something to vote for, the Democrats have this on lock, if they try and play the same crap they did last election, they can very well lose when his rabid base comes out to support while their base stays home. And so help me if Clinton runs again........
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Yeah, sure thing. He'll get impeached during his second term by fulfilling the lefts "he's a fascist" theory. It'll be too late though.
    Working on my next ban.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinD View Post
    I find it very funny that Trump gets into trouble for being to cozy with the Russians and then the Russians try to come to his defense......

That alone should set off every alarm there is.

But Trump has made his irregularity all too clear. When a president lies extravagantly – about millions of illegal voters and about phantom crimes committed against him by his predecessor in the Oval Office – he has squandered the right to be believed when it counts most. And when Mueller summons Trump to testify under oath, it is hard to imagine a president with such a reckless disregard for the truth steering clear of the pitfalls of perjury.
    Putting Trump under oath would be the ultimate in /popcorn. I can just see GoP lawmakers pulling their hair out as Trump makes a complete and utter fool of himself. It would be a really good indication of how seriously he can take....well, anything, really.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    So while the Democrats have the numbers to win, they need to actually give those numbers a reason to vote and "I am not Trump" isn't enough for many of them.
    At this rate, four years of Trump will be more than enough reason for anyone to get out and vote.

Not that Dems should assume that when strategizing. They need to stick to their own message and let Trump do the work of shooting himself in the foot.

They are not going to find anything malicious. Chances are that one DNC guy that got murdered leaked emails to wiki leaks and there was no Russian Hack. Which means any unclassified conversations between flynn and the russians will reveal nothing. Imagine Russia looking at American politics right now and saying "You guys are dumbasses, Your trying so hard to pin somthing on your president."

The police were told to drop the murder investigation of the guy who worked for the DNC. And the FBI has a bunch of evidence from that guys computer that could reveal he was talking to wikileaks. Which means there is no russian hack. And the Dem's would have nothing to try and hold against trump.

Hasnt it been reported that the reason trumps advisors were so close to the russians is because Trump wanted to improve russian relations with the US and bringing in people who had Russian connections would do just that. But it seems like it backfired because someone hacked the DNC or if the DNC guy did give emails to wikileaks now the LEFT have used the connections between Russia and Trumps advisors as fuel to a fire that doesnt exist.

OH, they got him THIS time.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    At this rate, four years of Trump will be more than enough reason for anyone to get out and vote.

Not that Dems should assume that when strategizing. They need to stick to their own message and let Trump do the work of shooting himself in the foot.
    A big deal of the problem is, their message last time was nothing but "I am not Trump" and that was mainly about it.

Outside of that they cheated their own voters to force a candidate that went against the message their voters wanted to hear.

At this point, what message do they really have left other than, "We aren't as bad as they are".
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    A big deal of the problem is, their message last time was nothing but "I am not Trump" and that was mainly about it.
    My point being that "I am not Trump" may carry more weight after four years than it did for the 2016 election. Personally, I'd like someone progressive on the economy, healthcare, and campaign finance, and is a little more moderate or at least shuts the fuck up about social issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    With how things are going, Trump will be lucky to last the next 3 1/2 months (this is not a prediction, to be clear).

Friendly reminder: Manafort, Page and Flynn haven't been arrested yet. That's still to come. The world watching their perp walk and then asking questions about Trump in the next breath is still ahead of us. And don't forget, because this is how things go... what's going to happen after they're arrested? A waterfall of leaks about their ties to Russia and Trump.

Trump's worst days with regards to his Russian entanglements are still ahead of him. This so far? This is the top of 3rd inning.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    My point being that "I am not Trump" may carry more weight after four years than it did for the 2016 election. Personally, I'd like someone progressive on the economy, healthcare, and campaign finance, and is a little more moderate or at least shuts the fuck up about social issues.
    It absoluely will. American politics are hugely self correcting and actual independent voters (as opposed to the fake ones here) dwarf Democrats and Republicans.

They punished Obama in 2014 and 2010. THey punished bush big-time in 2008 and 2006. They punished Democrats in 2000 just because of the perception of Clinton-era scandals. Clinton in 1994 and 1998.

What we're seeing now is Trump being processed by America's immune system. Even if he survives these scandals (which I strongly, strongly doubt), he'll be so hobbled, so tainted that being punished by voters on the other side of it would be entirely consistent with how Americans vote.

Remember: in 2020, Trump won't be a "change" candidate again. Trump in 2016 was third of the last four Presidents who ran on a change platforms (Trump, Obama, Clinton in 1992 all ran on "Change" platforms). Hell from a perspective, Bush's promise to put the Clinton-era scandals behind the country could constitute a "change". So his basic approach was nothing new, and this country has long dabbled with "change". What happens often on the other side of it though is significant course correction.

Trump would have to justify four more years in 2020. Even scandals aside, you'd be hard pressed to make a compelling case even if his entire agenda were passed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    This is the top of 3rd inning.
    Please use sports analogies that people who stopped playing rounders as children can understand, thank you.

Trump would have to justify four more years in 2020. Even scandals aside, you'd be hard pressed to make a compelling case even if his entire agenda were passed.
    Maybe that's why there's no wall yet, if he starts building it right at the end of his first term he can say he needs a second to finish it.
    Her hall is called Eljudnir,
    her dish is Hunger,
    her knife is Famine,
    her slave is Lazy,
    and Slothful is her woman servant.

Quote Originally Posted by Nirawen View Post
    Please use sports analogies that people who stopped playing rounders as children can understand, thank you.
    We're 10 minutes into the soccer game.

Maybe that's why there's no wall yet, if he starts building it right at the end of his first term he can say he needs a second to finish it.
    The wall is so unpopular, even with Republicans, it wouldn't do him any good.

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    OH, they got him THIS time.
    I don't understand comments like this. They've been investigating him but nobody has attempted impeachment yet... They haven't failed or even started the process.
    Last edited by Varvara Spiros Gelashvili; 2017-05-18 at 05:19 PM.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

Quote Originally Posted by foofoocuddlypoopz View Post
    I don't understand comments like this. They've been investigating him but nobody has attempted impeachment yet... They haven't failed or even started the process.
    Oh I agree, this time, they totally got him. Im sure by the end of the year it will be Mr. President Pence.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

We're 10 minutes into the soccer game.

The wall is so unpopular, even with Republicans, it wouldn't do him any good.
    I have a question. With trumpy gone, are the boomers on the way out? (Finally) or they'll try to fuck everyone up again?
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Clinton was impeached . . . . Not sure what your point was beyond that. And Trump has already done so much worse, and in just four short months.

SNIP....
    And he was acquitted of the changes. It didn't stick.

Like I said, Impeachment (which doesn't mean what most assume it means) isn't happening anytime soon and no, he's not done anything worse than others so far. Nothing thats proven anyway or enough to hold up in any court. That might change tomorrow but today it stands true.

Quote Originally Posted by Krigaren View Post
    SNIP...

It wasn't the coverup that sunk Clinton, no, but his lying under oath is. It'll be something like that which sinks Trump.
    It could very well be but with the way things go these days it will take more than what we are seeing now to reach an impeachment. Currently there just isn't any reason to think Trump would actually be impeached any time soon.
    Last edited by quras; 2017-05-18 at 05:46 PM.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    You're thinking of a war, not a wall. It's how Bush43 stayed in power (not the only reason, but it helped).

What a goddamn lazy way to make threads, all you see is people copy / paste without writing anything and it's always about trump. It doesn't even merit discussion, people can just literally read the guardian. It's sad that people make an article they think will generate a ton of comments just to feel some self importance. I'd get if you were posting a link to your article with your own thoughts, but this isn't even that. It's shameless..

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    And he was acquitted of the changes. It didn't stick.

Like I said, Impeachment isn't happening anytime soon and no, he's not done anything worse than others so far. Nothing thats proven anyway or enough to hold up in any court. That might change tomorrow but today it stands true.
    Yes, he has. And until you Trumpkins awake to this reality, you're just going to continue to stew in your alt-fact world. Four months into his "Presdiency" and Trump already has a Special Prosecutor assigned.

Doesn't get much worse than that.

Oh, and just for shits and giggles, Trump admitted to Obstruction of Justice. In case you missed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    What has he actually done besides signing whatever is put in front of him and playing golf?
    Given signing those things are important to the presidents role I'd say quite a few so far but to just name a few things I liked:

Whistleblowers: Trump signed an order to protect whistleblowers in the U.S. Veterans Administration, as part of his pledge to care for American service veterans.

Agriculture: Trump signed an order to review potential impediments to growth in the domestic agriculture industry. He took the action after a roundtable meeting with a number of U.S. farmers, industry officials and Ag Secretary George "Sonny" Perdue.
    *** Fewer hindrances in Agriculture industry is a good thing.

Deregulation: Trump signed an executive order and two memoranda. The order directs the Treasury to review tax regulations initiated last year to determine if they overreach and are cost-effective. The memoranda called for reviews of Dodd-Frank, the 2010 law against fiscal abuses that led to the financial crisis, and the Financial Stability Oversight Council's procedure in designating banks "too big to fail."

Labor: Trump signed the "Buy American, Hire American" executive order -- an action aimed at enforcing domestic worker rules and ending "abuses" of the U.S. H-1B work visa program. It also directs federal agencies to review trade rules that might undermine the domestic labor market.

Trade: The president signed two executive actions -- one ordering a review of the U.S. trade deficit and one to strengthen anti-dumping rules and enforcement. The deficit review will examine forms of "trade abuse," taking a country-by-country look over 90 days. The anti-dumping order directs the Homeland Security Department to ensure enforcement.

Education: President Trump revoked two Obama-era regulations on teacher training and school accountability. In a White House ceremony Monday, Trump referred to the actions as "removing an additional layer of bureaucracy to encourage freedom in our schools."

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Yes, he has. And until you Trumpkins awake to this reality, you're just going to continue to stew in your alt-fact world. Four months into his "Presdiency" and Trump already has a Special Prosecutor assigned.

Doesn't get much worse than that.

Oh, and just for shits and giggles, Trump admitted to Obstruction of Justice. In case you missed it.
    Name calling will get you no where in the debate but Time will tell. So far in the political game. Trump has nothing to worry about other than some political backlash. Again, impeachment is not possible given the current conditions.

this is just one interesting read on the matter.

http://www.politico.com/magazine/sto...justice-215147
    Last edited by quras; 2017-05-18 at 05:41 PM.