Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Next time its up in NA i plan on giving this an actual real shot since I have a bit more gear now.

I got real luckly from last weeks heroic cache and got a 925 convergence of fates i realize you need to save the BC for OF, however I am curious others opinion... do you think a 925 of these would be a better stat stick than say.. the scorpyron trinket that AOE's? Have a 905 one of those.

I will have to investigate timing more but i believe you can probably get 2 BC's in before the first set of imps.

Quote Originally Posted by Roiids View Post
    Next time its up in NA i plan on giving this an actual real shot since I have a bit more gear now.

I got real luckly from last weeks heroic cache and got a 925 convergence of fates i realize you need to save the BC for OF, however I am curious others opinion... do you think a 925 of these would be a better stat stick than say.. the scorpyron trinket that AOE's? Have a 905 one of those.

I will have to investigate timing more but i believe you can probably get 2 BC's in before the first set of imps.
    I used an 875 convergence and the Gronntooth War Horn when i completed it. It can definitely be used, but you have to pay attention to add spawn timings, etc.

The effect of CoS won't help you in this scenario because of the timing of the imp spawns... unless you get an unprecedented amount of CoS procs, multiple times.

You're better off using a stat stick or some AoE trinket since the effect of CoS is not useful.
    Radiate Positivity

Armory
    raider.io
    Twitch Affiliate

Quote Originally Posted by Drtydeeds View Post
    The effect of CoS won't help you in this scenario because of the timing of the imp spawns... unless you get an unprecedented amount of CoS procs, multiple times.

You're better off using a stat stick or some AoE trinket since the effect of CoS is not useful.
    I understand the effect wont do much but a 925 trinket has a lot of STR like 600 more than a 905 that does some AOE.

I understand the effect wont do much but a 925 trinket has a lot of STR like 600 more than a 905 that does some AOE.
    Well sure, obviously logic should be used here too... but the advice that's being given is that you need to be using CoS for it's effect, which is not helpful in the scenario.

Personally I ended up using an Ethereal Urn (880) because the mastery directly affected the burst window and that's really where you want to maximize damage. Mastery will do a better job in that window than strength will.
    Last edited by Drtydeeds; 2017-05-18 at 06:16 PM. Reason: spelling/grammar
    Radiate Positivity

Armory
    raider.io
    Twitch Affiliate

My advise is stop worrying too much about the details of which trinket this or that and just get on with it. You will figure out what you feel works best pretty quickly, if you're geared enough to breeze through it then it doesn't matter, if you're not you will have plenty of wipes to figure everything out.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    My advise is stop worrying too much about the details of which trinket this or that and just get on with it. You will figure out what you feel works best pretty quickly, if you're geared enough to breeze through it then it doesn't matter, if you're not you will have plenty of wipes to figure everything out.
    This.

It's actually very easy (IMO) if you have a plan that you can execute (ha!) a few times to deal with the various imps. Short of that it's dodging boulders and interrupting a spell.
    Radiate Positivity

Armory
    raider.io
    Twitch Affiliate

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drtydeeds View Post
    This.

It's actually very easy (IMO) if you have a plan that you can execute (ha!) a few times to deal with the various imps. Short of that it's dodging boulders and interrupting a spell.
    and praying to odyn that she won't block your pummel (twice in a row).
    Last edited by mmoc0f509d2b04; 2017-05-22 at 09:23 AM.

Deleted
    Down at last after 170 tries at ilvl 897, although i was much lower ilvl when i started the attempts. Used a mastery set with 61% mastery, 19% haste and 38k str buffed.

Legendaries where wrists and crafted belt. WW belt is really not that necessary, it didn't make that much of a difference after getting my overall ilvl high enough.

If there's one advice i'd like to iterate is to keep managing the healing imps throughout the encounter, i had many-many wipes at sub 10% hp due to being overwhelmed by the healing adds i'd been ignoring throughout phase 2.

I finally did it, too, after probably about 30 tries.

- 902 equipped with 890 Urn and Grontooth trinkets.
    - Prydaz & manno's legos (previously used hatu but got prydaz recently--what a difference it made)
    - Mast food, flask, rune, and old war pots (forgot to 2nd pot lel)
    - Didn't use omelette, milk, or any other extra buffs.. also forgot to bring drums with me.
    - Talents, 1111232

I mostly ignored the Servants, opting for the BT/RB/WW rotation when they were up but targeting Agatha the whole while. Burst BC/OF with Umbral spawn, which also finished off the Servants that might have still been alive.. P2 I completely ignored Servants other than spamming WW whilst I moved from end to end.

P1 I feared and silenced the first and second set of healer imps (Belf talent), then when the imps spawned BC/OF them all down.

The poster earlier was only 897 but he had 61% mast and tons of STR...When I was finally able to get this down I had similar stats at Ilvl 902. Like 54% mastery and 39K str.

The WW belt for me was the difference maker because unless you have insane high mastery for OF, you need the extra WW damage to get the rest of the adds down if OF doesnt hit them all.

Deleted
    The poster earlier was only 897 but he had 61% mast and tons of STR...When I was finally able to get this down I had similar stats at Ilvl 902. Like 54% mastery and 39K str.

The WW belt for me was the difference maker because unless you have insane high mastery for OF, you need the extra WW damage to get the rest of the adds down if OF doesnt hit them all.
    The reason i opted out of the WW belt is because what screwed me during the add phase was mostly bad imp positioning rather than lack of dmg, OF and 1 wrecking blow proc is all it took to kill them all with all that mastery. The belt did come handy during my first attempts using a haste-heavy 891 set, but after tinkering i realised it wasn't that needed and went for the luxury of some extra healing.

I also tried to maintain the War machine and Omelette buffs by killing healing imps here and there which put me at 60% haste and 60% mastery for the most part.
    Last edited by mmoc0aa4a6036f; 2017-05-25 at 02:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    That's a bug; interrupts are not meant to be avoidable.
    Her shield can still block interrupts for a moment after it goes down. It's not a legit melee block, despite the combat log's phrasing. This has been misinterpreted in quite a few places online. Interrupts are still unavoidable by all conventional means. People are getting so pumped when she gets low that they're kicking the second they break the shield. I had this problem on a couple pulls.
    Last edited by shrunken; 2017-05-25 at 02:30 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    An alcoholic fighting his addiction is fighting a jihad.

Deleted
    ^ Happened to me three times in a row on one occasion, and twice in a row on multiple occasions, those were definitely not related to pummelling too early.

Quote Originally Posted by Coheebuzz View Post
    ^ Happened to me three times in a row on one occasion, and twice in a row on multiple occasions, those were definitely not related to pummelling too early.
    I also want to note that it seemed to get blocked if I pummeled like the instant the shield went down... so i started waited about 2 seconds after the shield goes down to pummel and it never got blocked.

Deleted
    Pummelling early is one factor but that doesn't explain pummel failing on the second interrupt.

I swear that it even sounded different, sort of like a parry sound.

Deleted
    Prydaz makes this so much better

Make tower just came up on US. Got 6 more ilvl now (900) than I had last time. This is my time!

Then gonna have to work on the prot one.

Grats to everyone who completed this so far. But I won't spend any time on this. So much work for a bland appearance of an already boring looking artifact. Stumpy swords...still pissed off we didn't get some brutal axes.
    Mother pus bucket!

Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    Grats to everyone who completed this so far. But I won't spend any time on this. So much work for a bland appearance of an already boring looking artifact. Stumpy swords...still pissed off we didn't get some brutal axes.
    The Dragonslayers would like to have a word with you.

Do you seriously think the Helya's Gaze appearance is "stumpy"? They're definitely not short and fat.

And to be fair, this challenge is ridiculously easy.
    Radiate Positivity

Armory
    raider.io
    Twitch Affiliate