Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Destiny 2 to be hosted on Battle.net

Just heard on the Twitch Destiny 2 stream that
    the game will be exclusively available to PC uses via Battle.net

Activision inserting some dominance/control onto Blizz?
    Discuss?

Makes sense since the infrastructure is already there for them to use. Sucks for me since I spent all my blizz bucks I had from wow gold on hearthstone

Might mean some cross promotion stuff for games like heroes of the storm though, which is good for me since I play that.

https://twitter.com/IGN/status/865265659449491460 before anyone questions the OP on source, but its still now wow related so wrong forum :P

And its just a launcher, more games there is better.

Deleted
    Good morning, Vivendi has been controlling blizzard since after Wotlk.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Surgex View Post
    Get up to date son. Vivendi is not the owner of Activion-Blizzard since July 25th, 2013.

Source: http://www.businesswire.com/news/hom...Shares-Vivendi

Quote Originally Posted by Iannis View Post
    Just heard on the Twitch Destiny 2 stream that
    the game will be exclusively available to PC uses via Battle.net

Activision inserting some dominance/control onto Blizz?
    Discuss?
    what is destiny?

If that's the only "control" they're issuing, then by all means. It's just a launcher.

glad its coming to pc. would prefer steam but battle.net works too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Surgex View Post
    Good evening, Vivendi has given up the majority years ago and doesn't even hold any shares of Activision Blizzard anymore since Jan. 2016

The launcher isn't even called battle.net anymore. It's called the Blizzard Desktop App. And even their own CEO can't get it straight lol.

I fail to see how this is "Activision inserting some dominance/control onto Blizz". The Blizzard Desktop App has a massive amount of daily users, and not selling Destiny 2 on something like steam means Activision-Blizzard gets to keep more of the sales revenue.

I'm sure some people will be salty about it not being on steam. But I prefer the way Blizzard integrates all of their games. More of my friends in spend time online through the Blizzard App than steam already.
    Frequent Poster on Fluid Druid, The best Feral community out there

My Character

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    https://twitter.com/IGN/status/865265659449491460 before anyone questions the OP on source, but its still now wow related so wrong forum :P

And its just a launcher, more games there is better.
    Could this be the beginning of Blizzard bringing more games to their app that are not Blizzard games? Direct competition with Steam?

That would surely be another great way for Blizzard to gain a revenue stream. Anything that gives Blizzard more money, im all for!

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm gonna be able to buy it with Gold then?

I'm game then. Sweet. FREE SHIT

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    This was seriously the best thing that could happen to me. I am so glad they chose the battlenet app

Urgh even more uneccessary shit on that already pointless bloated luncher..

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraineth View Post
    The launcher isn't even called battle.net anymore. It's called the Blizzard Desktop App. And even their own CEO can't get it straight lol.

I fail to see how this is "Activision inserting some dominance/control onto Blizz". The Blizzard Desktop App has a massive amount of daily users, and not selling Destiny 2 on something like steam means Activision-Blizzard gets to keep more of the sales revenue.

I'm sure some people will be salty about it not being on steam. But I prefer the way Blizzard integrates all of their games. More of my friends in spend time online through the Blizzard App than steam already.
    most people know it as the battle net launcher so come on.. like those idiots who dont call it the "I-Watch"
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Could this be the beginning of Blizzard bringing more games to their app that are not Blizzard games? Direct competition with Steam?

That would surely be another great way for Blizzard to gain a revenue stream. Anything that gives Blizzard more money, im all for!
    Very well could be, i wouldn't call it direct competition with steam though, steam has the whole indie thing going on and I doubt it would extend past actiblizz just yet.

Is fun how even blizzard forgot they change the name of their App.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your kind will never change, and I will never stop fighting you.
    I thought they didn't want to call it Battle.net anymore... They really should go back, moving away from the name Battle.net is a really dumb decision, proven right here where the old brand has so much recognition that their own company releases news mentioning it by mistake.
    "I have the most loyal fanboys. Did you ever see that? Where I could stand by Thoradin's Wall and massacre my own people and I wouldn't lose any fanboys. It's like incredible." - Sylvanas Windrunner

"If you kill your enemies, they win." - Anduin Wrynn

I love how the official news refers to it as the battle.net app stillD