Page 1 of 18
... LastLast

Destiny 2 Coming to Battle.net

Destiny 2 Coming to Battle.net
    Destiny 2 is coming to Battle.Net! This announcement is especially interesting after the announcement about transitioning away from the Battle.net name.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker)
    We want to let everyone know that a new game will be appearing alongside your favorite Blizzard games—one that’s a little different from what you might normally expect. Bungie’s upcoming first-person action game Destiny 2 will be joining the party! We’re excited to announce that we're partnering with Bungie and Activision to support the PC version of Destiny 2 exclusively via Battle.net.

We’re big fans of Destiny here at Blizzard, and we’re honored to be able to help the talented folks at Bungie and Activision bring their much-anticipated sequel to a new platform. Being on Battle.net will allow Destiny 2 to plug in to our existing global network, freeing up the developers at Bungie to focus their energy and resources on making the best and most fun game they possibly can. This also means Destiny 2 players will have access to our online social functionality, including chat with friends, the ability to see which of their friends are online in Destiny 2 or in Blizzard games, and the ability to stream gameplay directly to Facebook.

See the FAQ below for further platform details, and stay tuned for updates as we get closer to welcoming Destiny 2 and its players to Battle.net. To learn more about Destiny 2, head over to www.destinythegame.com.

Why are you adding a non-Blizzard game to Blizzard's platform?
    We loved Destiny and think Destiny 2 is going to be a great game. Blizzard has an established and successful global internet infrastructure we’ve used for years to support our own games. Creating a new network client for Destiny 2, which is bringing the franchise to PC for the first time, would needlessly extend the development period for the game. We want to get our hands on Destiny 2 as soon as possible like everybody else, so we offered to share our PC platform with our sister companies for this release.

Does this mean other games are going to come to the Blizzard platform too?
    Our focus in terms of supporting non-Blizzard games is solely around Destiny 2. Aside from potentially evaluating needs or opportunities for future Activision games, we don’t have any short- or long-term plans to support third-party games with Battle.net. It’s important to us to maintain our quality standards for any experience or service we’re putting in front of our players, which represents a big investment of time and effort on our part, so this is not something we’re jumping into lightly.

Does this mean I'll be able to use my Blizzard Balance to purchase Destiny 2?
    Yes!

Will Destiny 2 offer the same cross-game social features that Blizzard titles currently have?
    Destiny 2 will be integrated into many of Blizzard’s existing social features—you’ll be able to chat with friends playing Destiny 2 the same way you already can for Blizzard games. Players will also be able to add friends and form parties the same way Blizzard gamers can. And, you’ll see a Destiny 2 status icon by your friends who are playing Destiny 2 the same way you do for friends playing StarCraft II, Diablo III, WoW, Heroes of the Storm, Hearthstone, and Overwatch.

Where and when will Destiny 2 on PC be available?
    We’re excited to work with Bungie to bring the PC version of Destiny 2 to every region Blizzard currently operates in. Bungie is actively working through the global details. We look forward to sharing additional information later this year.

Who will be operating Destiny 2’s servers?
    Bungie will maintain Destiny 2’s servers; Blizzard’s servers will be used for features related to the Blizzard platform, such as login and social functionality.

And what about customer service?
    Destiny 2’s gameplay customer service will be handled by Bungie; Blizzard will handle customer service for platform and shop issues specific to our service.

Rises my left eyebrow to Mars

10+ Year Old Account
    and that is the best example for decision makers totally influenced by money and investors. blizzard and the blizzard app team merely have to do their bidding.

so strange to see this game there. maybe i will play it, but it will always feel off.

Stood in the Fire Grimalkin of Old's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Somehow I don't see this as a good sign.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by familiar View Post
    Somehow I don't see this as a good sign.
    Can I ask why?

I'm so confused... Didn't they say they were going away from using the name Battle.net?

Welp, i regret wasting all my gold on HotS

Now that's a good news.

10+ Year Old Account
    Amazing news! I wouldn't trust anyone else for that. To put the game on the b.net platform means that Blizzard personally backs it, which to me is all I needed as proof of quality.

ist clearly fucking activision who push blizard to put it on battlenet

they say they wuld not put other game on it, haha, more lies incoming;p

Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    Can I ask why?
    Probably because all blizzard games got a certain blizzard-touch to it that other game developers can't even dream of making.
    When you start to mix other games from other developers into the game-launcher and other stuff the whole thing will loose much of its quality. That is if you believe the classical rule of quality before quantity.

I also see this as a bad sign. Might be wrong tho

Since it's on Battle.net I suppose we'll be able to buy it thank to WoW Token ? Might be a good commercial opportunity for Activision Blizzard, since people might want to spend their gold to test this new game they could not afford with $$$.

This is clearly the first step towards making it the Activision-Blizzard Launcher.

Quote Originally Posted by kaintk View Post
    ist clearly fucking activision who push blizard to put it on battlenet

they say they wuld not put other game on it, haha, more lies incoming;p
    Uhm, what? It's not like Activision owns Blizzard.

Wait for it...... Complete X amount of quests in Destiny 2 and get a Mount in World of Warcraft!!! Or any other game blizzard has "Complete 25 games in overwatch recieve 5 epic crates in Destiny 2"

Quote Originally Posted by Litraphy View Post
    Uhm, what? It's not like Activision owns Blizzard.
    well saying that coming to battlenet, clearly activision own them

Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    Can I ask why?
    gotta keep hating blizzard
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

Deleted
    Can't wait for loot boxes, just to open em and get nothing

Deleted
    Bungie is probably the only other Game Studio with longer content draught periods than Blizzard. Nothing to see here.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyshbonez View Post
    Wait for it...... Complete X amount of quests in Destiny 2 and get a Mount in World of Warcraft!!! Or any other game blizzard has "Complete 25 games in overwatch recieve 5 epic crates in Destiny 2"
    this was my first concern also -.-