Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    This can only be good.

Much better than putting it on a cesspool of shit stores like Origin and Steam where social features are stuck in the 2000s.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyshbonez View Post
    Wait for it...... Complete X amount of quests in Destiny 2 and get a Mount in World of Warcraft!!! Or any other game blizzard has "Complete 25 games in overwatch recieve 5 epic crates in Destiny 2"
    Doubtful considering blizzard's is only handling the Login/Social part of it, Nothing to do with the actual game itself. Sure there might be some cross talk but doubt it will be like that.

Deleted
    What's next? Call of Duty on battle.net?

Awesome, more good games under the same umbrella! Activision ftw, keep delivering!

So are they changing it back to battle.net so they can do this sort of thing?

It's good to see the mask finally come off. People have been speculating that Activision had a massive negative influence on new Blizzard games for many years and I'm honestly surprised it took them this long to shove their foot in the door and shoehorn their way into Blizzard's products. Don't be surprised if you see Activision/Blizzard simply change their overall name to Blizzard in the coming years. Are you ready for a world in which Blizzard publishes quality games like Call of Duty? It's going to happen.

I see it as a good thing. Blizzard right now says this is just for Destiny 2, but who knows. Perhaps they will expand Battle.net into a platform that can deliver games similar to Steam, Uplay, Origin, etc. I read recently about people saying Steam is too close to being a monopoly on online game delivery so Blizzard could become a competitor. I would trust Blizzard to make B.net into be a better alternative than some of the other choices I listed, and right now the Microsoft Store does not really seem to cater to gaming.

Quote Originally Posted by Isiolia View Post
    Since it's on Battle.net I suppose we'll be able to buy it thank to WoW Token ? Might be a good commercial opportunity for Activision Blizzard, since people might want to spend their gold to test this new game they could not afford with $$$.
    I suspect the answer would be no. It would be very awkward if you could farm one game's currency to buy real money tokens that can trade in for other games. This is not possible even between Blizzard's own games (can't trade Diablo gold for WoW game time, for example). However, B.net does have the infrastructure for in-game purchases so it's very likely Destiny 2 might have DLC that can be bought through B.net.

Any way to get WoW Tokens without an active WoW sub?:P

Oh boy, I can bet that new Call of Duty will end up on Battle.net as well. I get their decision tho, by using Battle.net Activision doesn't have to pay a single cent to third party companies like it would be with Steam.

I expect every new Acti game to end up on Battle.net one way or the other.

10+ Year Old Account
    Glad I coincidentally abandoned Blizzard and Bungie in 2015.

I thought it was called the Blizzard app now and not Battle.net.

Stood in the Fire Grimalkin of Old's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibito View Post
    gotta keep hating blizzard
    On the contrary, but I sure hate shooters, and one already is more than enough.

Semms like more of the same. And no new classes?

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Semms like more of the same. And no new classes?
    Same, I don't see much of a difference between the two games.

Deleted
    Whelp, and down the slippery slope it goes.

Yay. Need more stuff to buy with wow gold. Please add electricity payments to battle.net balance as well guys, I'd pay them via wow gold too!
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

Quote Originally Posted by Wyshbonez View Post
    Wait for it...... Complete X amount of quests in Destiny 2 and get a Mount in World of Warcraft!!! Or any other game blizzard has "Complete 25 games in overwatch recieve 5 epic crates in Destiny 2"
    What's wrong with that? Getting rewards for things you're going to be doing anyway doesn't seem like a bad thing to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    So are they changing it back to battle.net so they can do this sort of thing?
    battle.net is dead, they want to put destiny 2 in battle.net, do the math

Quote Originally Posted by familiar View Post
    On the contrary, but I sure hate shooters, and one already is more than enough.
    Then don't play it :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh? That's a bit surprising. Didn't expect Blizzard to host other games with their app.