Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    We are at the begining. They are laying the bricks with an already flawed class.
    They want to us use every abilities we in our bag mandatory. Blade Dance was left in bench too much time etc.

So many "but but dinner bell" comments when dinner bell already was off the table due to changes made in an earlier build....

I'm planning on doing some testing on PTR for the 2min meta build. I have an idea that given the increased and more reliable fury generation, we could possibly drop the meta CD reduction relic in the weapon that was pretty much mandatory before, in favor of another Critical Chaos relic. I hope it's doable to keep meta to 2minutes, or even slightly above 2 minutes, because having a relic in your weapon that only works for one particular build kinda feels bad.

Any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Lostprophet View Post
    No need to point out Dinner Bell anymore since it wont give you guaranteed mastery in 7.2.5
    Well people using Dinner Bell now, in 7.2. Will see a drop in DPS going into 7.2.5.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deix-EU View Post
    You litteraly are doing the contrary saying "no it's never". Get your shits right.
    Great things in this world (and in my job too) come from "feely" things at first. This can be true, come near to it, or never happen it's the law of "feelings" but one should not say "no" to those "feely".
    Yes, decisions at a management level can be taken with nothing but gut feeling. But this isnt even close to being the same as it's simple math that's behind what's good or not. No amount of feelings will make something better, but sure you can use it in other areas where math isnt the deciding factor.

Long term its probably just going to drop stats back to what they were like in Emerald Nightmare where mastery was the lowest desired stat. I can easily see the new stat priority going Crit>Haste>Vers>=Mastery with how you'll want more haste in 7.2.5 with Demon Blades going to 100% proc rate.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    you'll want more haste in 7.2.5 with Demon Blades going to 100% proc rate.
    You realize that increasing the frequency of a 60% chance to give fury gets no less benefit than increasing the frequency under a 100% chance, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Occar View Post
    You realize that increasing the frequency of a 60% chance to give fury gets no less benefit than increasing the frequency under a 100% chance, right?
    Makes it more predictable generation, thus there will probably be a 'cap' to hit. Still RNG on Felblade/CS crits, but making Demon Blades consistent means you can actually have a better rotation given enough haste. As opposed to jumping from 0 -> max fury with larger RNG procs.

Quote Originally Posted by Occar View Post
    This sums it up:

Quote Originally Posted by pay928 View Post
    Makes it more predictable generation, thus there will probably be a 'cap' to hit. Still RNG on Felblade/CS crits, but making Demon Blades consistent means you can actually have a better rotation given enough haste. As opposed to jumping from 0 -> max fury with larger RNG procs.
    When something is 100% likely to happen it increases the value haste has to the class if haste is effected by it, in this case it does. When something is 60% chance the haste stat has a diminished value even if it generates more fury.

This sums it up:

When something is 100% likely to happen it increases the value haste has to the class if haste is effected by it, in this case it does. When something is 60% chance the haste stat has a diminished value even if it generates more fury.
    I wish i could summon Kib so he could show the graph of how much haste increases your attack speed. I can give you a hint, by fucking nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by vkpush View Post
    I wish i could summon Kib so he could show the graph of how much haste increases your attack speed. I can give you a hint, by fucking nothing.
    Just summing down from a few pulls on Mythic Augur last night, outside of Meta 25%, no lust, and 9% Haste, I'm doing an average of 1.48 auto's per second. That's .12 off for literally 3k Haste. If I swapped my haste and mastery values I'd have .27 sec off which is more significant when you're thinking you're getting an extra auto every 5 seconds. Not to mention the rotational increase that Haste adds to DH by furthering lowering the CD of Blade Dance.

Just summing down from a few pulls on Mythic Augur last night, outside of Meta 25%, no lust, and 9% Haste, I'm doing an average of 1.48 auto's per second. That's .12 off for literally 3k Haste. If I swapped my haste and mastery values I'd have .27 sec off which is more significant when you're thinking you're getting an extra auto every 5 seconds. Not to mention the rotational increase that Haste adds to DH by furthering lowering the CD of Blade Dance.
    The math has been done and it's like 1 extra aa per 5k haste per minute or something stupid like that.
    TL;DR stack crit and maybe versa after that, waiting for patch to hit on exact values. Haste still terrible.

Deleted
    Horn of Valor is the new Dinner Bell and it actually is a legit DPS Trinket. As of right now, if sims are correct for PTR, all the changes we see are a huge buff to our class.

my character sims 80k more on the PTR with a 870 HoV and a 870 EoC (905 overall) - this setup even beats my best DPS setup on live (Bell+EOC_Set) by 40k. i maintain a steady 950k dps on the ptr dummy without drums or lust in a 5min fight.

if i replace this with a 900 HoV+EoC i sim over 1,1M DPS on ilvl 908.
    Last edited by mmoc7f469b031e; 2017-05-18 at 07:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zasriel View Post
    Nerf to the scaling aspect, and therefore a nerf to the importance of Mastery, but a buff to the duration (18 sec vs. 12 sec).

I'm not at home right now, so I can't see how much my CB is now with my current mastery (40%).

This changes feels kind of like a wash now, but a nerf down the road. Seems like maybe a small buff for current numbers, but once we have heroic/mythic gear a small nerf in ToS.

Not sure why they decided to nerf our scaling, as I feel like we already don't scale that well.

Chaos blades had to be set to a static value or with gear it would become insane. Another reason is that the new Demon Hunter legendary will likely (based on the other proc cooldown ones datamined) be:

Blade Dance has a chance (probably ~15-20%) chance to give you Chaos blades for 6 seconds.

Mastery would be too sick.

Quote Originally Posted by InkarnateKT View Post
    Chaos blades had to be set to a static value or with gear it would become insane. Another reason is that the new Demon Hunter legendary will likely (based on the other proc cooldown ones datamined) be:

Blade Dance has a chance (probably ~15-20%) chance to give you Chaos blades for 6 seconds.

Mastery would be too sick.
    Wat

The new legendary ring grants the First Blood talent, it doesn't give you Chaos Blade per use of Blade Dance, lol.

Deleted
    With ring/bracers (my usual goto) all though i got belt i am around 47% crit 35% mastery.. could probably push 50% crit and go lower mastery with some gear swaps..

Gonna be a nice buff.. i have arcano.. foci and hav 900 hunger of pack (agi/crit) in bag.. i guess it might hurt those 1/20 rng foci pulls.. but overall im liking it

Quote Originally Posted by Shirofune View Post
    Wat

The new legendary ring grants the First Blood talent, it doesn't give you Chaos Blade per use of Blade Dance, lol.
    I guess he's speaking about a brand new legendary incoming ? Like they are already some for priest / monk / pal / chaman / hunt etc.
    And yes, this makes sense a new leg would be around Blade dance

have to agree with this change for some builds it can spike damage far beyond intended for the talent. I have 33% mastery but run cos/arc mastery 2 set and have a 900 foci and a 900 memento. With a bit of luck my mastery reaches 80% and I spike to 5mil dps, builds like this are fun but I feel it wasn't intended for our class

Quote Originally Posted by Shirofune View Post
    Wat

I said likely, there obviously is not a second one released yet.

Have the other legendaries buffed a talent tho? It might be like a demonic ring. You have a chance to get meta for 5-6 seconds (or increase the duration of meta).

How is it likely? The only new legendaries besides the ring are healer-only legendaries.