Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Why would there be bias? Verizon was against title 2... it's more regulations for them... the main thing is that it doesn't affect the bottom line in any way nor does it affect growth. ISPS are bias AGAINST title 2 so I'm unsure what you're trying to say.
    Oh my god, NO FUCKING SHIT ISPS WOULD BE AGAINST THINGS THAT INHIBIT THEM. That's just common sense.

If I told you your company can't charge people for just walking into your building, wouldn't you be against what I say? You could make some easy no-effort money there. That's what this is all about.

Quote Originally Posted by Xar226 View Post
    There is none, considering you have the CEO of Verizon on a shareholder earnings call telling his shareholders that Title II doesn't change anything for them and won't affect the way they do business or the way they invest in their infrastructure.

Yes, let's just blindly believe what the ISPs tell you.

Next you'll tell me Comcast actually knows that on their own website it says they won't ever charge for sending a tech to your house. Two of my previous bills and a 2 hour phone call fighting with Billing over it tells me otherwise that they just lie and don't care.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeezy911 View Post
    So people don't want Government controlled Internet? Shocking
    Making sure 3rd party sites to not be steamrolled by ISP's is not state sponsored internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Oberyn Martell View Post
    Net neutrality is for filthy communists and anarchists.

If you want better internet pay more for it!
    You realize this isnt how this is going to work for you or any consumer right? You pay for your broadband. But when you connect to Netflix, it will be slower than YoutubeTV ... because Youtube pays more. So Netflix gets Throttled... Its extortion. And its 100% bullshit.

So I hope you want to switch your favorite streaming service to be whatever the fuck your ISP is into, because you no longer get a fucking choice on what you get for what you pay for with your Broadband bill.

Edit: This will bring retaliation from Anonymous and other Hacker Groups, they are going to DDOS every ISP that tries to throttle anything. You are going to watch your corrupt ISP go down in flames if they try anything.
    Last edited by Concequence; 2017-05-18 at 07:53 PM.
    We think we climb so high, Upon the backs we've condemned ...We face our Conϛequence.

Quote Originally Posted by grettin View Post
    https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/...itle-ii-rules/

How is this going to effect europe?
    They have to adhere to EU laws and rules. This is solely US issue.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Quote Originally Posted by Concequence View Post
    You realize this isnt how this is going to work for you or any consumer right? You pay for your broadband. But when you connect to Netflix, it will be slower than YoutubeTV ... because Youtube pays more. So Netflix gets Throttled... Its extortion. And its 100% bullshit.

So I hope you want to switch your favorite streaming service to be whatever the fuck your ISP is into, because you no longer get a fucking choice on what you get for what you pay for with your Broadband bill.
    Just don't even bother with them. I'm pretty sure the trolls/brainwashed sheeple either don't really use the internet for much/live in a metro area where Fiber is already available (and by better ISPs like Google)/have no idea how NN actually works.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Making sure 3rd party sites to not be steamrolled by ISP's is not state sponsored internet.
    So who makes sure? Oh that's right, the State.

I am just fascinated how in USA change of the main guy in charge can simply allow 180 degree turn on laws or regulations straight away.
    And it switches each time, back and forth.
    P.S.
    His arguments are so silly. Go on, tell me more how you are not in the pocket of ISPs.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think you're misinterpreting what they're saying. THey;re saying Verizon has stated title 2 hasn't affected them much at all, so their public bullshit about title 2 is just that, bulllshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Oh my god, NO FUCKING SHIT ISPS WOULD BE AGAINST THINGS THAT INHIBIT THEM. That's just common sense.

If I told you your company can't charge people for just walking into your building, wouldn't you be against what I say? You could make some easy no-effort money there. That's what this is all about.

Yes, let's just blindly believe what the ISPs tell you.

Next you'll tell me Comcast actually knows that on their own website it says they won't ever charge for sending a tech to your house. Two of my previous bills and a 2 hour phone call fighting with Billing over it tells me otherwise that they just lie and don't care.
    I think you are very much confused... go back and reread my quote. because the point I am making is that verizon told their investors not to worry about title 2 because it doesn't change anything for them and they're still able to go about everything just as they did.... aka title 2 doesn't affect major companies but in public they pretend it does.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeezy911 View Post
    So who makes sure? Oh that's right, the State.
    THey do not control what sites can and cannot pop up.

This is the same State that ensures freedom of speech. At some point, the government has to be involved to ensure freedom isnt trampled. This is NOT the same thing as the givernment doing the trampeling.

I think you're misinterpreting what they're saying. THey;re saying Verizon has stated title 2 hasn't affected them much at all, so their public bullshit about title 2 is just that, bulllshit.
    I mean, anyone who believes the lies of a company after years of them being fucked over by said company... they're not going to listen to you. Anyone who truly believes Verizon isn't full of shit is just beyond stupid and any rational thought.

Granted I don't know about Verizon as an ISP (never used them) but I can share my multitude of horror stories with Comcast if anyone wants and how this news is absolutely terrifying to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean, anyone who believes the lies of a company after years of them being fucked over by said company... they're not going to listen to you.

Anyone who truly believes Verizon isn't full of shit is just beyond stupid and any rational thought.
    You're completely misreading what Themius is stating. He's stating that what Verizon admitted in a call, and their opposition to title 2, are completely opposite. You're basically arguing that Verizon is actually affected negativeky by title 2 by saying dont believe what they're saying cause its Verizon.

You're completely misreading what Themius is stating. He's stating that what Verizon admitted in a call, and their opposition to title 2, are completely opposite. You're basically arguing that Verizon is actually affected negativeky by title 2 by saying dont believe what they're saying cause its Verizon.
    They're not being affected per say, but they can start charging for more bullshit (as others have pointed out by throttling other websites and providing their own services, or forcing people to pay for the right speeds to specific websites).

So indirectly, they are being affected negatively, because they weren't (until now) able to charge for nonsense.

I mean, anyone who believes the lies of a company after years of them being fucked over by said company... they're not going to listen to you. Anyone who truly believes Verizon isn't full of shit is just beyond stupid and any rational thought.

Granted I don't know about Verizon as an ISP (never used them) but I can share my multitude of horror stories with Comcast if anyone wants and how this news is absolutely terrifying to me.

I'm talking about investor calls... you know like when a company has an earnings report. Verizon was asked how title / will affect them to which they said basically that it doesn't change anything when it comes to investments and growing their business. They pretend they're affected in public but when speaking to investors they're like truly it doesn't.

It's like one company I'm invested in. They recently got a lot of money yet posted a loss. Because they use an accounting method allowing them to record parts of the money they got so this way they can record a loss and avoid paying 22.5mn in taxes. It looks like the company is losing money but in fact they made more and saved even more by avoiding taxes. Aka truly they didn't lose money they just made it look like they were.
    Verizon isn't negatively affected they just say they are to the layman while in practice nothing really changes

Quote Originally Posted by Nurasu View Post
    I'm aware of that, I was more talking about the subscriptions he was referring to, which is not apparent by my use of the word "all". I don't see a problem with Netflix paying more for it's usage since it is disproportionately huge.
    Why? The bandwidth is already paid for. Twice.

I pay my ISP in order to download Netflix's streams. Netflix pays their upstream provider(s) in order to upload those streams. They're paying for every bit they send, which is a damn lot; I'm paying for what I receive in order for my ISP to provide the service I have purchased. Peering agreements govern how or if ISPs pay each other as traffic passes from one to another (basically, if it's close to even in both directions they don't charge one another). How is it right that other ISPs should be allowed to charge Netflix more to deliver the bits they paid to send and their customers paid to receive?

What's coming with the current setup are data caps like several other countries have to suffer with, directly charging the user instead of indirectly
    They're already here for many of us. And unsurprisingly, many of these companies are excluding their own product offerings from the caps -- in essence, increasing the cost of using a competing service. But I guess that's good for the consumer according to the FCC.
    Last edited by Xar226; 2017-05-18 at 08:06 PM. Reason: clarity
    “Nostalgia was like a disease, one that crept in and stole the colour from the world and the time you lived in. Made for bitter people. Dangerous people, when they wanted back what never was.” -- Steven Erikson, The Crippled God

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess I should be luckyu I dont currently use any of the mainstream ISPs. Microwave internet ftw, with no caps and decent speeds!

10+ Year Old Account
    This is a democracy, where money buys you votes.

This isn't a democracy.
    Putin khuliyo

They're not being affected per say, but they can start charging for more bullshit (as others have pointed out by throttling other websites and providing their own services, or forcing people to pay for the right speeds to specific websites).

So indirectly, they are being affected negatively, because they weren't (until now) able to charge for nonsense.

What? Under title 2 they couldn't really do that and according to them it didn't make anything material negative.

15+ Year Old Account
    I guess I should be luckyu I dont currently use any of the mainstream ISPs. Microwave internet ftw, with no caps and decent speeds!
    Yeah, I have some local company, so that is nice I guess. Hopefully they won't fall to the dark side.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    What? Under title 2 they couldn't really do that and according to them it didn't make anything material negative.
    and since lying during investor or financial calls is a huge huge nono...