Thread: [TV] Archer

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Loving the new season though i did kinda suspect that Lana would be a fed undercover agent watching how awful her stand up routine was LOL

Quote Originally Posted by bgdfahrq View Post
    Loving the new season though i did kinda suspect that Lana would be a fed undercover agent watching how awful her stand up routine was LOL
    I was a bit suspicious that she was eavesdropping and wanted in on the deal with Archer, but...her bandmates had an episode dedicated to them being in jail so I just thought she wanted a better life.

She was a singer so her comedy isn't expected to be good. At all. They're not transferable skills.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    I was a bit suspicious that she was eavesdropping and wanted in on the deal with Archer, but...her bandmates had an episode dedicated to them being in jail so I just thought she wanted a better life.

She was a singer so her comedy isn't expected to be good. At all. They're not transferable skills.
    Her being just a singer seemed kinda lame and her wanting money made her seem like a money grubber so i assumed she mustve been more than just some cheap showbiz slut after cash what with her being a badass agent in the real series.

Dont forget this whole thing is just in Archers mind and how he sees his friends AND enemies!

Well I guess you're right. Her job was the only one that was out of place, compared to everyone else's.

Yeah this whole series is about how Archer sees his friends and enemies in a 1950s noir setting

Woodhouse - Perhaps the only guy he really cared for cause he raised him and took his abuse for years
    Mother - A person who helps him and abuses him in equal measures is a crime boss
    Figgis - A corrupt cop who is weak willed and would sell out his friends in a heart beat if it helped him like he has done.
    Povey - A man wannabe!
    Cheryl - A rich aristocrat who is fucked up and comes from a fucked up family!
    Lana Kane - A mysterious woman who has the suave of a 007 agent
    Krieger - A Frankenstein who creates monsters ALA his real enemy
    Dutch Or Barry - His unstoppable cyborg enemy

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bgdfahrq View Post
    Yeah this whole series is about how Archer sees his friends and enemies in a 1950s noir setting

Woodhouse - Perhaps the only guy he really cared for cause he raised him and took his abuse for years
    Mother - A person who helps him and abuses him in equal measures is a crime boss
    Figgis - A corrupt cop who is weak willed and would sell out his friends in a heart beat if it helped him like he has done.
    Povey - A man wannabe!
    Cheryl - A rich aristocrat who is fucked up and comes from a fucked up family!
    Lana Kane - A mysterious woman who has the suave of a 007 agent
    Krieger - A Frankenstein who creates monsters ALA his real enemy
    Dutch Or Barry - His unstoppable cyborg enemy
    There is no difference really from any of the other seasons, the characters remain the same but the setting is somewhat new and different. The main difference being that Woodhouse has sucked on his last crackpipe or done his last shot of heroin. I'm just wondering when (or if) Archer will wake up -- last episode, next episode, next season ? In one way perhaps never, that way they can do whatever outlandish things they want and just keep going - as long as each season is just one long dreamsequence.
    Last edited by looorg; 2017-05-12 at 09:45 AM.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    Mooooother!

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    yeah this season has really reinvigorated the series I think.

The Patient Lothar from accounting's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by looorg View Post
    Mooooother!
    Given their relationship in the 'real' world though, who didn't see that coming?

Stood in the Fire KrotosTheTank's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous Coward View Post
    can't believe people actually think this show (or bob's burgers) is funny, i am just so fucking tired of brendan smalls
    I know this is a necro post at this point but Archer and Bob are the same voice Coach McGuirk, H John Benjamin... I suppose you're also sick of Dr. Katz?

If you're sick of Brendan Small then you're more sick of Metallocalypse and the real band Dethklok. Know before you bash..

I, for the record, enjoy all of the above. Home Movies was a classic AS show, Bob's Burgers and Archer speak for themselves, Metallocalypse is the right kind of weird and Dethklok is probably the only death metal I've even regularly listened to, not my genre, but the fact that Brendan Small writes and plays nearly everything in that band outside of live performances is impressive to say the least.

Latest episode was a bit...It took long to get to the point but it was good.

Only one episode left.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    Interesting ending. Woodhouse murder mystery tied up. It just didn't end in a way I would have assumed or tells us anything about what next season will be like. Except I guess they burned a bit to many bridges for it to continue in the Dreamland-setting.

Gotta be honest. I wasnt expecting Barry to be the killer. I actually did think it was going to be Mother.

Last episode was good. Pacing and situation were interesting to watch.

The second half of the season, for the most part, had good individual episodes. The beginning episodes sort of sucked and were too slow. Overall as a season it was interesting.

I think I would have preferred to binge watch the season than watch each episode one at a time.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    The mother revelation in the previous episode was a bit of a surprise in my mind, sure she is a horrible and cold person but for her to murder Woodhouse? The man she recruited to care for Archer when she wouldn't or couldn't. Sure they all treated him like dirt but still. Barry on the other hand is a monster (that Archer in some sense created) and he is Archers nemesis. So that made more sense, except as Barry said there wasn't really any reason for he it -- he just wanted to see his light go out and he had cut him off in traffic. Barrys roadrage killed Woodhouse?! I guess we couldn't even have figured that one out.

Also why would Cecil and Trinette get some hospital-bedside-shotgun-wedding in Archers coma fantasy?

15+ Year Old Account
    Was a decent season but the ending blew, was really hoping Archer would wake up.

The Lana getting shot scene was by far the best scene of the season, was so funny. I hope next season isn't another flashback season (it will be though), I miss the old spy days.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by looorg View Post
    The mother revelation in the previous episode was a bit of a surprise in my mind, sure she is a horrible and cold person but for her to murder Woodhouse? The man she recruited to care for Archer when she wouldn't or couldn't. Sure they all treated him like dirt but still.
    Remember this is a dream in Archers head while he is in a coma, The Mother isn't his mother in the dream and Woodhouse is Archer's partner in the dream state.
    Last edited by Solidito; 2017-05-26 at 06:27 PM.

Deleted
    They kept alluding to archer needing to go to sleep and him popping the pills constantly to stay awake in his dream.
    Obvious that by going to sleep in his dream he'd wake up from his coma.

Seems cheap to not follow up on that - yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebane View Post
    They kept alluding to archer needing to go to sleep and him popping the pills constantly to stay awake in his dream.
    Obvious that by going to sleep in his dream he'd wake up from his coma.

Seems cheap to not follow up on that - yet.
    They also made the joke when Lana died that "she got 7 times. Even in another parallel universe, no one could survive that."

Deleted
    Except Brett perhaps.

I really enjoyed this season and i like how it played out in the end.

I feel they might keep Archer in a coma for another season and i hope to see him in another setting cause i feel this whole Dreamland is now played out what with Lana being killed and the Dreamland characters going as far as they can.

Maybe they could do a Victorian riff of the whole spy/Sherlock Holmes era or maybe set it in the far future.

The possibilities are endless though i would like to see them go back to being secret agents again in the present or as close as the present the old show was.

EDIT** With the show renewed till the tenth series and with the creator saying he wont do another series after 10 i feel we might get another gimicky season like Dreamland and maybe the last season will go to the present to tie everything up and then done.
    Last edited by yetgdhfgh; 2017-05-28 at 07:54 AM.

It would have been better if Mother actually had killed Woodhouse IMO. You have this fantasy setting where you can do pretty much anything you want without effecting the "real" Archer universe, why not go crazy with it and make Mallory the bad guy? But nope, instead they chose the single most predictable character and had him do it for basically no reason at all. I love this show for the comedy but damn the story frustrates me sometimes.